New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia Plains Game
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
SEBRA HUNTING SAFARIS offer affordable quality plains game hunts.

DISCOUNTED PRICES DUE TO RECENT CHANGES IN EXCHANGE RATE

1 Hunter / 1 Guide (1 x 1 ) - US$240 (was 300) per person per day
2 Hunters / 1 Guide (2 x 1) - US$ 200 (was 250) per person per day
Observer - US$120 (was 150) per person per day
Daytrip to Etosha / Himba village - US$320 (was 400) per person per day
Arrival and departure days wil count as transport days and will be charged at observer rates.

Giraffe US$ 1600 (was 2000)
Eland US$ 2000 (was 2400)
Kudu US$ 1250 (was 1600)
Gemsbok US$ 750 (was 1000)
Springbok US$ 500 (was 650)
Blue Wildebeest US$ 1250 (was 1500)
Black WildebeestUS$ 1350 (was 1650)
Red Hartebeest US$ 850 (was 1100)
Hartmann’s ZebraUS$ 1250 (was 1600)
Warthog US$ 550 (was 650)
Impala US$ 700 (was 850)
Duiker US$ 450 (was 550)
Klipspringer US$ 1250 (was 1500)
Steenbok US$ 400 (was 500)
Damara dik-dik US$ 2000 (was 2400)
Baboon US$ 150 (was 200)
Cheetah US$ 2500 (was 3000)
Spotted Hyena US$ 1250 (was1500)
Brown Hyena US$ 1750 (was 2000)
Caracal US$ 500 (was 600)
Jackal Free (was 50)
Aardwolf US$ 600 (was 750)
Bat-eared fox US$ 600 (was 750)
Other species available on request

Included:
• Transfer to and from Windhoek airport
• Hunting vehicle and PH services
• Field preparation of trophies
• Permit fee
• Full board accommodation – all meals, beverages and laundry
• VAT on daily rates

Excluded:
• Flight tickets to Namibia
• Trophies
• Dipping, packing and shipping of trophies
• Any taxidermist fees
• Rifle Hire

Jan du Plessis
Sebra Hunting Safaris

Farm Sebra nr.264
Outjo district
Namibia

Tel: +264 812275604 or +264 813252372
E-mail: sebra@iway.na
www.sebrahunt.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Those exchange rate changes are finally starting to filter down. I am already booked for this year, but will keep you in mind for the future. Good luck selling these hunts.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
Email sent to sebra@iway.na

Thanks.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great to see the benefits of strong dollar flowing to clients tu2

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great way to do business!

I wish you all the success you deserve. If I ever decide to return to Africa, I'll look you up!

Posts: 2641 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plus this is a great outfit and PH. What more could you want.

Regards,

Don

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you do when things go wrong.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jan, how big is the hunting area? Is it high-fenced, or is it a low-fenced cattle area?

Nice offer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Africa at bargain (comparatively) prices.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Jan it was back in 2006, many things may change in 10 years but I am certain Jan's character has not. He is an excellent hunter and more so a true gentleman.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jan, Good Job! People will appreciate it and hopefully give you more business. I will put you on my list although I am booked for this year. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3339 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Jan in 2012, 2013 and 2015. I had to lay off 2014 due to knee surgery. I'll be back hunting with Jan in 2017 for my 70th birthday. His ranch and his father's adjoining ranches are both low fenced and huge. By "low fence" I mean scattered three foot tall smooth wire fencing designed to try to keep his cattle and goats away from the leopards, cheetahs and hyenas that want to eat them. I wrote detailed "Hunt Reports" here on AR for anyone interested in seeing what typical hunts with Jan are like. It must be noted that his beautiful wife Mariesje is a world class cook, as well as a sweetheart of a person. I had to keep reminding her that I was on a diet and my catch phrase was "reduced portions" on my July 2015 trip. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Sebra Hunting Safaris or Jan.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bud in those hunts did you get Jan to crack a smile? Is that .44 on his hip still?

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, the .44 Mag is still there. I used it to finish off a 54" kudu I shot in 2012 that was still thrashing around. Jan still is pretty stoic when cracking a smile. Mariesje makes up for it with her pretty smile, as well as Yandi's.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
Very happy to say I'm booked for this hunt. It's my chance to introduce my son to African hunting.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JeffreyPhD:
Very happy to say I'm booked for this hunt. It's my chance to introduce my son to African hunting.

And a great 'sunset' hunt for your ancient disintegrating hunting buddy and ammo boy. old

Posts: 969 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had the good fortune to have been hunting with Jan and Mariesje every year since 2008 - sometimes multiple trips a year. These current prices are basically where they were in 2011-2012. As of this writing, the exchange rate is 16.75:1. Last July when I was there it as 11:1 and last Sept 12.25:1 and has been holding around the 16:1 to 17:1 rate now since around Dec. We're heading back for our first trip of the year in April. For anyone who has dreamed of an African PG hunt NOW is the time to book, lock in the rates and GOOOOO! Just booked r/t tickets for us for $1350 each. Our first trip in 08 cost us $1750 each.

Tex84 - The property is about 45k US acres. All low fence, free range, fare chase. He, like most other operators there, have access to other properties in the areas too, some low fenced, some high fenced. The high fenced properties are very large and the only time you see the fence is when you enter. Some only have the high fences along the roads to keep animals in and poachers out and the back property fence lines on adjoining properties are low fence. Jan also happens to be the President of the area landowner conservancy called Loxodonta Africana Conservancy comprising around 650k acres, After eight years and multiple trips we've maybe only been on 85% of his place - you won't run out of property to hunt!

Yes. he does actually laugh!! But he has to get to know you a bit, otherwise he is the consummate professional and he does take hunting seriously and making sure you get not only the animals you want but the quality of animals you want and he and Mariesje go out of their way to make it all happen.

This past July, we took my two nephews for not only their first African hunt but their first hunting experience ever. For absolute first timers, they did OK. The entire thing was a bit overwhelming for them but they ended up with mid 30"s gemsbok and mid 50"s kudus for each. Don't know if they'll ever hunt again, but at least they can say they got to go on an African safari once in their lives.

Was back again a few weeks later in Sept with a couple of friends and they both completed 90% of their desired animals. Both had wishlists of about a dozen species each and the only ones they didn't get were eland, duiker and mountain zebra. Not bad on a 2x1 ten day hunt. They would have probably gotten those also if they had booked 1x1 and added a couple of extra days. Free range hunting is not always easy hunting. Plus being in the NW highlands/mountains the hunting can be pretty challenging if you don't want to just sit in blinds all day.

If someone wants to do a father/son, father/daughter special kind of hunt, you should contact him and see what he can put together for you. Another nice part about his place is they only book between 6-10 hunts a season and the only people on the property is you and your party for the duration of your hunt - doesn't get much more personalized than that.

Something he didn't mention above is I think he still has an exportable and US importable leopard license available. Don't hold me to this but I think he has that discounted from $16k USD for a 14-day hunt down to $14.5k USD and if you don't get your cat he refunds $5 or $6k USD but someone interested would need to contact him for details and pricing confirmation.

Posts: 572 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to know Sebra dropped the sliding trophy fee scale nonsense on kudu and gemsbok, as that was a deal killer for me and our group last year. Sounds like a great place to hunt regardless, and we'll have to check them out for 2017.

How's the kudu hunting/population holding out up there?

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like most of Namibia, overall good old bull kudu numbers are still down from what they were before the rabies hit most of the country. There were good numbers of cows and younger bulls this past two years but the nation wide drought has been hard on all the game all over the country.

One bright spot is that last year his area got very lucky with some rain that farms 10-15 miles away didn't get. Grass this year on his place was knee high and hasn't been that good for several back to back years. The condition of the game on his place was head and shoulders above that of other places we hunted. Culled a couple of gemsbok on a farm a few farms over that didn't get the rain and those were pretty much skin and bone - VERY little to no grass. If they get halfway decent rains and grass this year it will be a very good thing.

Of the two trips this year we saw a couple of 40"+ gemsbok and a couple of high upper 50s" kudu but with the inexperience of my nephews they never really had any shot opportunities on them. Still very happy with what they got. Similar with my two friends in Sept. We could see them, but they had some physical limitations that kept them from getting up into the hills for shot opportunities.

Posts: 572 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote