One of Us
posted
Dear Members

Outfitter: KEI RIVER HUNTING SAFARIS
Outfitter number: 31/2020 HO
PH Number: 105/2020 PH
Area : Komga and Great Kei River valley
Eastern Cape, South Africa

We have a cancelled hunt , the client has paid half the daily rate as a deposit and donated it to the hunter that books this .

Rate per day is $175 .

Date for this hunt are 1st August 2022 to the 12 August.
Just for this hunt I can offer the following at a good rate ,
Kudu $990
Zebra $ 700
Impala,blesbuck, warthog , springbuck at $200 each
The other extra animals can be hunted off the price list below

The Hunt will take place in the infamous Komga and Great Kei River valley area .

Species and prices
Blesbuck, Common$300
Bontebok $1100
Bushbuck,cape $650
Bushpig $650
Duiker ,blue $1400
Duiker ,common $200
Eland ,cape $2000
Gemsbuck $1200
Hartebeest ,red $900
Impala, southern $250
Impala ,black $2000
Kudu ,east cape under 50’’$1200
Kudu ,east cape under 52’’$1900#
Kudu ,east cape over 52’’$2500#
Lechwe,kafue $2000
Lynx,caracal with hounds $650
Nyala under 26’’$1600
Nyala over 26’’ $2000
Reedbuck common $950
Reedbuck mountain $400
Springbuck ,black $600
Springbuck ,cape $300
Springbuck ,copper $900
Springbuck ,white $750
Steenbuck $300
Vaal rhebuck $1400
Warthog under 8’’ $250
Warthog over 8’’ $400
Warthog sows $160
waterbuck $1100
Wildebeest,black $1100
Wildebeest,blue $900
Zebra ,burchells $750
# by request

Daily Rates Include:
• Hunters are met at the East London airport
• The services of the trained trackers, skinners and camp staff
• Licensed and experienced professional hunters with equipped hunting vehicles
• All lodge accommodation during safari.
• All catering, soft drinks and S.A. alcoholic beverages, in moderation
• Field preparation of trophies (Skinning & Salting)
• Cost of local hunting licenses
• Daily laundry service
• 15% Vat Daily

Rates Exclude:
• Hotel accommodation before and after safari
• Aircraft charter or car hire during hunt
• Exporting of trophies or other personal goods
• All CITIES license fees (the hunting of any listed cities 1 animal}
• Rifle hire and ammunition.
• Gratuities to staff

Thank you to all the loyal supporters for 2022, its been awesome thus far but still a ways to go

Posts: 51 | Location: EASTERN CAPE SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 03 February 2021Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think you will find some members here are not too happy about different prices for horn size.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68770 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
In Europe a lot of trophies are priced on their weight or length of tusk or the amount of points the antlers carry.
But it is the duty of the guide to ascertain the quality/price of 5he potential trophy. If he misjudged it it’s not the hunters problem.
However I would concede to Saeed that some may not be happy with that arrangement.

Posts: 457 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like price on the high end is in line with what I've seen elsewhere. I'm not generally in favor of different pricing depending on size, but supply and demand plays a role for some. I wouldn't shy away from this offer based on the different pricing. Good luck with offer.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIKA98K:
In Europe a lot of trophies are priced on their weight or length of tusk or the amount of points the antlers carry.
But it is the duty of the guide to ascertain the quality/price of 5he potential trophy. If he misjudged it it’s not the hunters problem.
However I would concede to Saeed that some may not be happy with that arrangement.

Exactly why I refuse to hunt in Europe.

It is not hunting then.

It is like going to the shopping mall to buy something!

Posts: 68770 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
hunting elephant in TZ same thing. Lion as well. PH guesstimate length, weight and age.

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hear you gentlemen but things have changed in my area , a new outfitter is trying to flex his muscles by offering very high prices for certain species , hence the farmers have raised the prices considerably ,they want a price structure according to size .The problem is the new guy is picking all the cherries and leaving the bad bulls to breed , this wont last long and they will be gone .Also in my defense where can you find mid 50 inch east cape kudu in the eastern cape on a regular basis . We can also compare with limpopo prices , they too are high so we are competing in the same market .
I also believe it's luck of the draw , shoot a quality animal and it measures well and it's a score for the hunter , no need to price it like that I agree,but there are hunters that arrive in the eastern cape asking for huge kudu , they are hard to come by , days scouting , and then hoping our skills in judging are good , that needs a price tag so I am covering myself with a 3 tear price .

Anyway thanks for your comments , much appreciated .

Posts: 51 | Location: EASTERN CAPE SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 03 February 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
hunting elephant in TZ same thing. Lion as well.

Anton,

The different weight category pricing scale has been around since colonial times when Elephant hunting was accessible to resident hunters.

The Government Game Dept. regulations imposed a surcharge per pound as royalty on 3 different weight categories and any tusk that was less than 11lbs was confiscated and the hunter was fined.

This categorizing is still in place though not a self-imposed decision by the outfitter as would be the case for horn size as advertised in this thread.

The same criteria on minimum size/age which has been applied for Lion, Leopard and Crocodile for example, are a combination of decisions brought about by Conservationists/Scientists and governments.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
hunting elephant in TZ same thing. Lion as well.

Anton,

The different weight category pricing scale has been around since colonial times when Elephant hunting was accessible to resident hunters.

The Government Game Dept. regulations imposed a surcharge per pound as royalty on 3 different weight categories and any tusk that was less than 11lbs was confiscated and the hunter was fined.

This categorizing is still in place though not a self-imposed decision by the outfitter as would be the case for horn size as advertised in this thread.

The same criteria on minimum size/age which has been applied for Lion, Leopard and Crocodile for example, are a combination of decisions brought about by Conservationists/Scientists and governments.

Yes I just meant it to Saeed. If you are lucky the first day in Hungary hunting red stag and see a 15 kilos monster it will be more expensive as if you see a 100 pounder the first day in Botswana or TZ with the sliding scales.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is fabulous hunting to be had in Europe and not wanting to go because of the price based on trophy fees robs one of a great experience. It looks like this is the way things are going in Africa too!

Just note though that when an outfitter offers you a fixed price hunt to shoot any size trophy of any animal in Europe unless its driven boar, the chances are that you are not going to shoot big trophies in that area. And frankly thats okay too, the experience of the hunt is the same. Not everyone has deep pockets.

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Agreed

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think we, as hunters, are solely responsible for this. I see considerably more threads online like "where to hunt 60" kudu" or advertising like "get your 42" buffalo". When an inch this or that way becomes more important than the experience, then we get exactly the situation Saeed described, a shopping mall.

And for the record, I also dislike the tiered pricing, albeit living in Europe. If the hunting Gods are smiling at you, you shouldn't have to turn the animal down because it's suddenly above your budget.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The measurement craze seems applicable only to certain species and in particular to spiral horned and other antelopes, gazelles, etc.

As of late though the new fashion, for buffalo, seems to be focused on those gnarled, worn down ugly horns that in former times were scorned and shunned in disgust. coffee

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I would pick an old bull that has worn his horns off any day.

Those young bulls SCI scorer's seem so fond off look just silly in comparison.

One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Andrew at Kei River Hunting Safaris 3 times. Great guy that runs a great operation with several great properties. If I hadn't just got back, I'd jump on this deal.

Will

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 364 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
What happens if the PH says the bull is over the specified length, but it turns out he’s under?

Serious question.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13653 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
What happens if the PH says the bull is over the specified length, but it turns out he’s under?

Serious question.

As they would say in TZ: "Bahati mbaya" Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sure he will say that it is close but if it isn't and ends up shorter then client pays the cheaper price , we try our best , not many of us can call it spot on but we are withing a inch

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ultimately, pricing animals by the inch is a deal breaker for me.

I will never hunt with anyone with this price structure.

I go hunting to shoot animals, the ones I am happy with.

Looking at an animals and the PH is guessing the size and telling the price is not going to happen.

I have hunted South Africa twice, and before I went the first time I had contact with several outfits.

Everyone had some silly rules which did not appeal to me, so I avoided them.

Found an honest gentleman who basically asked what we wanted, and agreed to it.

Glad we did, as he turned out to be a perfect gentleman, his name is Peter Harris.

And the second time we wanted to hunt South Africa he was the one we went with.

Again, with great success, and both parties were very happy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for advertising for someone else on my thread,some ph's are really good and can judge horns correctly others who can't let you shoot what you want .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This hunt has been sold , thank you