THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    21-day Luke Samaras Selous $30,000 inc gov fees, now Add some Maisailand species!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

21-day Luke Samaras Selous $30,000 inc gov fees, now Add some Maisailand species!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
This is in his Selous blocks. This is a phenominal Selous location. This is one of the best Selous locations. Ask the two AR members who did this exact 21-day hunt last year.
UPDATE:New Dates, September 1-21

Hunt for 16 days or so in Selous, charter back to Dar, catch commercial flight to Arusha and hunt some of the northern Species like Grants, Lesser Kudu, Gerenuk, etc. (No Buff or Lion inMasailand ... sorry guys!)

The only additional cost is the commercial flight to Arusha (Couple hundred bucks).

This is a great hunt to start with, now you can add a few of the hard to find Masailand Species.

You can hunt the big 4 (Elephant, Leopard, Lion, Buffalo and all the PG on the 21-day license in Selous.)

In a nutshell: $30,000 includes all gov fees, dip and pack, gun fees, day rate etc.

You pay for; charter, Trophy fees, Tips, Hotel on arrival, Airfare to Dar es Salaam

Here is the official wording off the contract.

Hunt Cost includes: Day rate; Concession fees; Wildlife Conservation fees; Hunting License Fee; Dip and Pack Fees; Gun licenses for 2 rifles.

Hunt Cost does not include: Airfare to Tanzania, Hotel on arrival night; trophy fees of animals killed or wounded; trophy shipping fees; tips and gratuity to ph and staff.

Current Government Trophy Fees: Baboon $170; Buffalo $2,400; 2nd Buffalo $2500; 3rd Buffalo $2700; Bushbuck $700; Bushpig $500; Civet Cat $300; Crocodile $2,100; Dikdik $300; Duiker $350; Eland $2,200; Elephant (under 27 kg) $8,500; Elephant (> 27kg to 36 kg) $13,500; Elephant Over 36 kg) $22,000; Hartebeest $750; Hyena $600; Impala $490; Jackal Silver Back $300; Klipspringer $1,400; Kudu Greater $2,700; Leopard $4,000; Lion $6,300; Oribi $350; Reedbuck $550 ; Sable $3,100; Steinbuck $350; Suni $300; Warthog $550; Waterbuck $1,200; Wildebeest $750; Zebra $1,500.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SURE THE DEAL OF THE YEAR 2010 !

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Had 2 of them. One sold before I could post this one. He opted for 28 day hunt. That will be a great hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Masai $700"

The only Masai I have heard of are the people. Am I missing something?

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StormsGSP:
"Masai $700"

The only Masai I have heard of are the people. Am I missing something?

I'm sure that the Masai modifies Bushbuck. If you note, all of the animals are separated by ";"

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Oops. I would imagine the Masai would be opposed to a $700 trophy fee.

Supposed to be bushbuck, and not Masai bushbuck.

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
This is a phenominal Selous location. This is one of the best Selous locations.

Ya....but is the area any good? Big Grin

Wish I had the cash!!!!

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmfic1:
quote:
This is a phenominal Selous location. This is one of the best Selous locations.

Ya....but is the area any good? Big Grin

Wish I had the cash!!!!

Hmm, maybe I need to be more clear! Cool

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
I hunted this area in 2007. The report is here http://forums.accuratereloadin...=753109247#753109247
Sure wish I could go again. Who is the PH?

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: Now you can add a few of the Masailand species on to this hunt!

Hunt for 16 days or so in Selous, charter back to Dar, catch commercial flight to Arusha and hunt some of the northern Species like Grants, Lesser Kudu, Gerenuk, etc. (No Buff or Lion in Masailand ... sorry guys!)

The only additional cost is the commercial flight to Arusha (Couple hundred bucks).This is a great hunt to start with, now you can add a few of the hard to find Masailand Species.

Dates are in August from the 2nd of August.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Just to be clear, it is still a 21 day hunt, you just split the days.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just to be clear, it is still a 21 day hunt, you just split the days.

Cannot belive you have not sold this already.
If I were not going back to Zambia, I would start our normal back and forth Smiler

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Updated with new dates September 1-21