Tholo Safaris Botswana PG Special for 2016
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
Botswana Group Hunt with Tholo Safaris
Late May-Mid-June, 2016 (2 groups)
Agent: Tim Herald – Lexington, KY 859-608 9331 – tim@trophyadventures.com

I offered these in July, and we are almost full. I do have a 2-3 spots left because a family cancelled. Please let me know if interested. This is a great package deal to take advantage of before the shows in January.
These are 2 group plainsgame hunts just like we did this year in April/May.
Please see my report with tons of photos here

Tholo Hunt Report 2015

I will be in camp with both groups.

This is a 9 night – 8 full hunting day, hunt on a 2x1 basis. 2x1 is not (and was not for our group) an issue. There is LOTS of game. You may use gun, bow or both. Camp gun use is FREE if you choose, you just pay for ammo, and they have nice guns.

The property is about 250,000 acres. Camp has chalets and east Africa type tents – very nice. Food is great as is the staff.

In this package, you get all day rates with the normal food, lodging, daily laundry, PH, trackers, skinners, drinks, etc.

Price is $7300 and trophy fees for the following are INCLUDED:

Kudu
Eland
Gemsbok
Zebra
Impala
Blue Wildebeest
Jackal (everyone pretty much shot 1-3 jackals this year).

Trophy quality is fantastic. Expect 54-58” kudu, we had some great eland killed, impala were 24-26”, we had 40” and 42” gemsbok bulls killed. It is top notch.

Observers are $200/day, and can shoot some of your package if you want.

The only extras from the outfitter is transfer from Maun airport – 3 hours – and worked out to be split at about $140/person this year, and VAT on day rate portion of the package (~$300). Botswana does charge ammo tax at airport, but I paid about $30. There is a $150/gun Botswana gun permit that Tholo handles if you want to bring your own rifle.

It is a great place for a double rifle as well. I took a lot of animals with my .470 this year, and it made the hunt incredibly fun.

I have a few openings in both groups as of now. Feel free to email me with any questions. I am traveling a lot right now, so cell phone is hit or miss, but I have email.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote