2016 Group Hunt - Tholo Safaris Botswana
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
Botswana Group Hunt with Tholo Safaris
Late May-Mid-June, 2016 (2 groups)
Agent: Tim Herald – Lexington, KY (859-608) 9331 – tim@timherald.com

These are 2 group plainsgame hunts just like we did this year in April/May.
Please see my report with tons of photos here

Tholo Hunt Report 2015

I will be in camp with both groups.

This is a 9 night – 8 full hunting day, hunt on a 2x1 basis. 2x1 is not (and was not for our group) an issue. There is LOTS of game. You may use gun, bow or both. Camp gun use is FREE if you choose, you just pay for ammo, and they have nice guns.

The property is about 250,000 acres. Camp has chalets and east Africa type tents – very nice. Food is great as is the staff.

In this package, you get all day rates with the normal food, lodging, daily laundry, PH, trackers, skinners, drinks, etc.

Price is $7300 and trophy fees for the following are INCLUDED:

Kudu
Eland
Gemsbok
Zebra
Impala
Blue Wildebeest
Jackal (everyone pretty much shot 1-3 jackals this year).

Trophy quality is fantastic. Expect 54-58” kudu, we had some great eland killed, impala were 24-26”, we had 40” and 42” gemsbok bulls killed. It is top notch.

Observers are $200/day, and can shoot some of your package if you want.

The only extras from the outfitter is transfer from Maun airport – 3 hours – and worked out to be split at about $140/person this year, and VAT on day rate portion of the package (~$300). Botswana does charge ammo tax at airport, but I paid about $30. There is a $150/gun Botswana gun permit that Tholo handles if you want to bring your own rifle.

It is a great place for a double rifle as well. I took a lot of animals with my .470 this year, and it made the hunt incredibly fun.

I have a few openings in both groups as of now. Feel free to email me with any questions. I am traveling a lot right now, so cell phone is hit or miss, but I have email.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was on this year's hunt. I can highly recommend this. It is an awesome place to hunt, excellent facilities and equipment and real PHs, excellent trophy quality and numbers.
Great food too. Fun fun fun hunt.

Cheers,

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a great deal....big time animals and great trophy quality. well done!

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I'll be there
Something about hunting in Botswana...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it Milan. It may be our only chance, who knows. It is a fantastic place at a great price anyway.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BEGNO:
I was on this year's hunt. I can highly recommend this. It is an awesome place to hunt, excellent facilities and equipment and real PHs, excellent trophy quality and numbers.
Great food too. Fun fun fun hunt.

Cheers,

+1 for tholo, Jason Bridger and Butch experience in hunting africa.

Hopefully 2016 I make it to hunt with Jason.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
you should Mike

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
you should Mike

I will try my best. I have to be in botswana for some work stuff sometime in 2016.

At kanana which is very similar to tholo. Due to irrigation and no permanent lions - the game numbers were just crazy. I have never seen so much game - made the save look barren and the save is loaded with game.

Also i truly enjoyed hunting and driving around with jason. He does not drink which is good - more booze for me.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
How many per group?

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the bowhunting from a blind?

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Duckear- it will likely be 5-6 in a group with 7 max. We had 7 this year an there was no problem at all.

10generation- they do have many permanent bow blinds. I am sure you could try to do some spot and stalk if you wanted. I could have killed my kudu with a bow stalking (~40 yards).

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

posted Hide Post
What is air fare from Nashville about?

Thanks Jack

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Jack- I am in Lexington, so I would guess not much different- about $2300 this year. I hear prices are going to a 4 year low in August...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the last 3 years, I have been paying about $1800.00 RT from ATL to Jo berg for that time of the year through Delta.

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
yep- BC- me too and about $400-500 on to Maun...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com