THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    18-day Selous Lion, Leopard, Elephant, 2 Buffalo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

18-day Selous Lion, Leopard, Elephant, 2 Buffalo
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
This hunt has sold.

18-day hunt for Lion, Leopard, Elephant, 2 Buffalo & all other plainsgame species, except Hippo and Croc

This is with Luke Samaras in his Selous Reserve Blocks. The PH for this hunt is Paddy Curtis.

Dates: Aug 27 - Sept 13, 2013 (This year only)

Hunt Cost:
1x1 - $43,000
2x1 $29,650/person

See 2x1 hunt cost at bottom of this post.

Included
Day Rate
All government license/concession fees
Government Conservation Fees
Export Fees
Dip and Pack Fees
Rifle Import Fees for 2 Rifles
All accommodation, meals and non-Alcoholic drinks
All Trophy prep and field care

Not Included
Trophy fees of animals killed or wounded
Airfare to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Charter flight from Dar es Salaam
Trophy Shipping
Gratuities to PH and camp staff

Observer rate: $275/day
Observer Gov fees: $150/day

Trophy Fees
Buffalo 1st - $2500
Buffalo 2nd-$2600
Bushbuck- $700
Bushpig- $500
Civet Cat- $300
Duiker - $350
Eland- $2200
Elephant* - $8500*
Hartebeest, Lichtenstine -$750
Hyena Spotted - $600
Impala - $490
Jackal - $300
Klipspringer - $1400
Kudu Greater - $2800
Leopard - $4500
Lion - $6500
Oribi - $350
Reedbuck - $550
Sable - $3100
Suni - $300
Warthog - $550
Waterbuck - $1200
Wildebeest - $800
Zebra - $1500

* There is a sliding scale on Elephant Ivory. Elephants of with largest tusk of 15 Kgs (33 lbs) to 27Kgs (60lbs) $ 8500; Elephants 27Kgs to 32 Kgs (70lbs) $ 14,500 and Elephants over 32 Kgs $ 24,000 In the Selous, odds of taking an Elephant over 60 lbs is unlikely.

(Edited: Added 26 May)
2x1 Hunt: $59,300 plus trophy fees. ($29,650/person)

This includes:
Day rate 2x1 for both hunters
All government fees for the two hunters (Safari License, Concession fees, Dip and Pack, Export, Conservation Fees etc.)

Quota would look like this on a 2x1: This is to be split between the two hunters: 1 Elephant, 1 Lion, 1 Leopard, 2 Buffalo, 2 Sable, 2 Eland, 1 Hippo & full bag of plainsgame for each hunter.

There is a possibility of additional quota, maybe one additional Buffalo.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vince Hazen
posted Hide Post
Who is the PH? I would love to go back.

Posts: 149 | Location: Lometa, Texas | Registered: 05 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Norbert is the PH on this hunt. It is out of the new camp on the Rufiji River. Did you ever fly camp on the Rufiji?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norbert Was PH for my son and did a great job. Nice young man

"shoot quick but take your time"

Posts: 451 | Location: drummond island MI USA | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does Norbert have a last name? Confused

Regardless, Luke runs a great operation. I'd like to go back for leopard and buff, but not this year. Big Grin

Posts: 541 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vince Hazen
posted Hide Post
I spent about 20 days in the fly camp on the Rufiji. It was beyond incredible. I took my lion there in a day time stalk. It was something else.

Posts: 149 | Location: Lometa, Texas | Registered: 05 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ongwe:
Does Norbert have a last name?

Norbert Reiner.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
He can also do this as a 2x1, cost would be $64,300 plus trophy fees.

This includes:
Day rate 2x1 for both hunters
All government fees for the two hunters (Safari License, Concession fees, Dip and Pack, Export, Conservation Fees etc.)

Quota would look like this:

This is to be split between the two hunters: 1 Elephant, 1 Lion, 1 Leopard, 2 Buffalo, 2 Sable, 2 Eland & full bag of plainsgame for each hunter.

There is a possibility of additional quota, maybe a Hippo or one additional Buffalo. If someone wants to do this as a 2x1, will see what can be added.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Wendell,
If the fly camp you are talking about is the one on the little island in the Rufiji then AnotherAZ and I spent a couple of days camped there in 09 and it was a very, very nice spot. Elephants and hippos could be seen from camp pretty well 24/7.
I shot a buffalo 5min from camp and AZ got his lion there as well. Crocs were in abundance, hyena's were in camp every night- we were both done leopard by then so neither of us was baiting anymore but I remember seeing 2 leopards strolling around in the daylight so I think spots would be a slam dunk from there as well. The fresh fried tilapia from the river tasted better than any $500 meal I've had in any restaurant anywhere- and that alone is almost worth going back for...
I don't see how anyone that camped there could be disapointed in any way.

Posts: 171 | Location: ontario canada | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The new camp is a short drive up the river near the Kibesa airstrip.
Notlim, you might have gone with Paddy to the crossing (lodge on the opposite bank).

This new camp should prove to be very interesting as it will be situated in an area which has seen relatively little hunting compared to the usual haunts which were closer to the previously existing 2 camps.

The respective distances from these 2 camps were too distant to be able to hunt comfortably in a day and get back to base camp - hence the earlier remark that it should prove to be very interesting.

I would think the fly camp at Mpanga will remain as is to accommodate hunters from Luke's main camp wanting hippo and croc in particular.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Fujo,
I hope this finds you well. Its very nice to hear from you and it brings a smile to my face everytime I read one one of your comments on here- partially from the super good memories and partially because I see your sense of humour has not waned with the quickly passing years... Smiler

I remember a photography camp across the river that we sort of walked across one day- the manager came across in a boat and talked to us for a bit on our side of the river but we never went across. Is that the new camp? Did you guys expand across the river? If I remember right it wasn't too far from the ranger station across the river?

Is Mpanga what you call the fly camp we stayed in?

Posts: 171 | Location: ontario canada | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Notlim:

Good to see/hear from you again - all well with you?
Mpanga is the fly camp and across the photographic camp on the opposite bank (photo blocks) is Sand Rivers.

The northern Selous, demarcated by the Rufiji River is almost totally photographic - I think there are only two hunting concessions remaining in the western part.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Paddy Curtis is also available to do this hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dohhh- Just to tease me Wendell? Big Grin
If I didn't have a yukon hunt booked for this fall and a new baby on the way in October, and a trophy room to finish, and... and... I would be on the plane- back to get a Tembo

To anybody else considering this-just go do it. Plains game in great abundance and variety, the place is filthy with leopards, lions roaring every night, hyena and wild dog out and about in the daytime, buffalo under every tree. AND if you can hunt with Paddy...outstanding company as well!
****Not meant to be a slag on Norbert in any way I just don't know him,but if he's hunting with Luke I'm sure he's top notch as well!****

+ Wendell needs a new scope so you would be helping him and the economy out! Smiler

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Dang notlim, that makes me want to buy the hunt for myself!

Maybe I'll just sell it to Aaron. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by notlim:
Wendell needs a new scope so you would be helping him and the economy out! Smiler

Funny you should mention that. Sending a guy a check tomorrow to take a Nightforce off his hands. Hey, everyone needs at least one Nightforce right?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is anyone is interested sharing this hunt as a 2x1. I would be interested in the Leopard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wendell - As you have seen recently, and made clear by "Goofball54", I no longer PAY for my hunts! What we're you thinking dude???

However, I am available for an "exploratory" hunt, or a "promotional" hunt, on your dime of course. wave

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to high-lighting you as the "booking agent" on the show.

Cheers,

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Wendell - As you have seen recently, and made clear by "Goofball54", I no longer PAY for my hunts! What we're you thinking dude???

However, I am available for an "exploratory" hunt, or a "promotional" hunt, on your dime of course. wave

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to high-lighting you as the "booking agent" on the show.

Cheers,

Can I have your shirt Aaron?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
He said you can buy his thong for $10.

You won't have any bidding competition from me on that one!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew - Of course, you can have the shirt right off my back.

Wendell - You know you want my thong! Wink

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
It has come to my attention that there is another agent selling this hunt as well. (Not uncommon at all. Most operators use multiple agents.)

The other agent is offering more animals (Hippo and Croc and 3 Buffalo instead of 2) and a cheaper charter.

His offer is INCORRECT! This offer above is the correct offer!

I am sure it was an accident or he wasn't given the correct info. I do not think this was done intentionally. Regardless of intent, I wind up looking bad. So this sets the record straight.

quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
There is a possibility of additional quota, maybe a Hippo or one additional Buffalo.

After checking the quota, there is one Hippo available, and possibly a 3rd Buffalo, but no Crocodile.

Charter still remains $4100 round trip, not $2700 as advertised by another agent.

Paddy Curtis is still available to do this hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have hunted Luke's Masailand concession. Shared lunch with Paddy and his client, who were hunting out of the main camp. Love the Selous. Not a negative comment on Norbert -- don't know him -- but a Selous hunt with Paddy with an operation run by Luke would be a real hoot. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, I'll be in Southwest Tanzania this year.

Posts: 10010 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I weren't going to the Caprivi for 18 days this fall, I'd be all over this one.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1284 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
See changes in the offer above.
PH: Paddy Curtis
2x1 hunts cost reduced to $29,650/hunter!

This includes all government fees for each hunter!

Aaron, I know you want it so ......

take me, take me, take me!!!!! dancing dancing dancing Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
See changes in the offer above.
PH: Paddy Curtis
2x1 hunts cost reduced to $29,650/hunter!

This includes all government fees for each hunter!

Aaron, I know you want it so ......

take me, take me, take me!!!!! dancing dancing dancing Cool

Hey man, you gotta pay your half too! I'm not paying it for ya!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Did you even ask Dave, or are you just assuming?

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
All these pictures were taken on one 21-day safari. Smiler

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
And from another safari ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both those eland are gorgeous!! Well, looks like some lottery ticket purchases at lunch time.

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
The first Eland is a great, the second one looks like he walked over from Cameroon!

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
First Lion is serious.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That hippo skull looks like something out of an alien movie, love it.. Big Grin

If I had the funds I would most certainly take this hunt....looks faboulus..

Posts: 3965 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Photos look great Wendell..how recent?

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Very nice trophies all round Wendell.
Any idea on the weight of the elephant?
The one in the pasture looks very enticing as well!
Who were the guides involved?

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I don't remember the weight, but want to say it was high 50's? Fujotupu, what did John's Ele weigh?

Fujotupu and Paddy Curtis were the PH's on these two hunts above.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the pics are from 2009 and the ele was 52x48 if I remember right (I thought it averaged 50# right on the button) they were/are beauty tusks either way. much nicer than the short stubby ones heaver bots/zim tusks IMHO

one of us
posted Hide Post
One of the those buff are a bit soft, eh?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi AZ,
did I remember the weights right?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think; I actually don't remember. They look good framing the fireplace in my TR.

You are right about that fish. That fly camp was wonderful. I could do a whole 21 day that way.

Man, if I wasn't booked for brown bear then this would be tempting. That was the greatest hunt of my life.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote