THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Elephant bull hunt - Tsholotsho South Prime Dates available
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant bull hunt - Tsholotsho South Prime Dates available
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks,

PH Gary Hopkins has contacted me with a great offer, he has a permit to hunt a trophy bull elephant in Tsholotsho South, Zimbabwe. Tsholotsho South borders Hwange National Park and is well known as a place for big bulls. If memory serves me right a 100lb was taken here a few years ago! It shares an 80km boundary with Hwange Park and yes one does drive the boundary road checking for fresh spoor of bulls that have crossed in from the park. But contrary to popular belief this does not have to be a drive by shooting type of hunt! The hunt can be done in a traditional tracking hunt, as Gary likes to do them. Gary hunted this area last in 2009 and took 6 bulls, all of them when tracking in the day, the average was 55lbs and the largest bull was 72 lbs. Photos speak for themselves so see below.

a 70lb+

Details of the hunt as follows:

15 days @ $1200 per day
Trophy fee on bull $15,000
extras as follows
2% tax on total day fees
4% tax on total trophy fees
$100 cities export tag.

Includes:
PH and team
Hunting vehicle
Pick up and drop off to Bulawayo
Drop off of trophies to taxidermist

Not included:
Flights
Hotel before and after hunt
tips and gratuities
Crating and export of trophies

If you want to hunt plainsgame once the ele is down that can be arranged as well, but the MAIN emphasis is on finding a good bull elephant. Prime dates in September, October and November are available for this year only.

In Gary's own words:

[Arjun, This is a serious bull area, guys can easily expect 50 pounds per side, bulls in the 60 and 70
pounds are taken here every year.
Best dates are late in the year Sep Oct Nov.
let me know. Regards, Gary].

The boundary road, Hwange park on the right

Bull in the road crossing back into the park

And over the fence he goes!

55lb

70lb and 48lb on the broken side!

A short 70lb

62lb

60lb range

Gary last bull taken in 09 at 50lbs

A track worth following

A 50lb Gary let go at close range as it was too early in the hunt! I know you can't see the ivory we just have to take his word for it, but he doesn't BS

Dining room

Inside clients chalet

A few people on AR have hunted with Gary and can vouch for his credibility.

Thank you for looking.

For more information to book this hunt, contact:

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: 845 259 3628 (NY)
email: arjun@huntersnetworks.com

Posts: 2537 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
I don´t know Gary but I know well tsholotjo. Last year I shot a 90/63 pounder in T. north Back this year in April. I higly recommend this area.

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote