THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Lion / Buffalo Hunt Package Burkina Faso 2012 - SOLD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lion / Buffalo Hunt Package Burkina Faso 2012 - SOLD
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks,

This is a Lion and buffalo package - 20,000 euros ($27,000 at today's rate) includes daily rate and trophy fee on the lion and one west african species buffalo.

12 hunting days + one day in, one day out.

Season 15th Jan - 15th April, after 3rd week of February the temp will go to 110+F. This is better for hunting lion but you must be able to take the heat.

You will fly into Ouagadougou where the PH will meet you. There are flights from Paris and other European capitals. Overnight in a hotel and drive to camp the next day. Your hunt will start the following day.

In this package you can also hunt one small antelope (see trophy fees below). If you want to shoot Roan (highly recommended add 2,300 euros to above package, includes Trophy fee).

Other costs in Euros not included:

Hunting license: 320
Firearms license: 110 per rifle
Bar / Liquor bill
Non hunter / observer daily rate: 170
Hotel and meals before and after hunt in Ouagadougou
Cost of trophy preparation, fumigation, paperwork, crating and air frieght of lion and buff trophies (aprx 1100 euros to europe, states might be a little bit more).

Trophy fee on other game (*):

Waterbuck: 400 Euros
Western Hartebeest: 400 Euros
Western Kob: 400 Euros
Bushbuck: 400 Euros
Nagor Reedbuck: 300 Euros
Duiker Western: 100 Euros
Oribi: 100 Euros
Warthog : 200 Euros

(*) - There is a limit to the number of animals that can be shot on a safari in Burkina. Let me know if you are keen on any particular species and I can find out availability and what the additional cost will be to add to the package above. THIS SHOULD BE TREATED AS PRIMARILY A LION AND BUFFALO HUNT, with the main focus on the lion.

At this time, there is only one lion available on quota for this year. Last year the (english speaking) PH was again 100% on lion, as he has been for quite a few years. This is a stellar track record for shooting tracked up lion as there is NO BAITING allowed in Burkina, some hunters have been lucky to shoot their lion off a natural kill.

Lion and other trophies from this year - 2011

Tracking lion - the trackers are second to none and can follow tracks on dry ground in the grass!

Be prepared to shoot quick

This is the cheapest wild lion hunt in all of Africa with a PH who has a great track record of delivering. It is also a very exciting hunt. Hunters should be fairly fit to walk in the heat, my client's wife from this year was able to do it so you don't have to be an athelete.

Burkina Faso is a very poor country, but no terrorists and other issues relating to client safety, except wounded lions Wink. This hunt will sell fast so please let me know if you are interested. The lion is importable in to the States, but please check with your clearing agent as well.

For more information, please contact:

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: 845 259 3628
email: arjun@huntersnetworks.com

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want to do this so bad, but I'm in masailand in March. No way I could spare the time for two hunts in the first quarter of the year. Will something like this be available next year or the year after? Ele's are kinda-sorta on track for '12.

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The favorable dollar to euro xchange rate today makes this hunt cheaper than yesterday , now $26,960!

Please try not to start a global currency discussion on this thread though. Just showing you the latest price.

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 489 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some of you have sent a PM re booking for 2013. The position in Burkina is that the local concession owners as elsewhere in Africa are the powers that be and do what they want. If you want to put down a deposit we can try and book the hunt for 2013.

Thanks,

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the possibility of a roan realistic, along with lion and a western buffalo? Add a roan to the mix and this gets even more interesting.

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have the time you can certainly hunt for roan as well.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Guys,
I have not hunted Burkina but I have hunted next door in Benin. I really enjoyed hunting West Africa. Game populations were good, I saw lion twice and was not hunting for them and there are some unique species here that make this a cool trip. If I wasn't booked for 2012 I would be negotiating with Arjun right now! Heck of a price for a lion considering you will pay at least $15,000 for a lioness in Zim! Cheers all!

BTW Arjun, still want to talk about LDE... will you be in Dallas?

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Folks this hunt has been SOLD. Some of you have enquired about booking this hunt for 2013, unfortunately the PH has informed me that he cannot accept bookings so far out as he does not know what the situation will be like for hunting lion in Burkina by then! There is a possibility that he might be able to get a second lion on permit for 2012 if anyone is interested please contact me ASAP. This is by far the cheapest wild lion hunt you can buy and the opportunity to hunt lion in Burkina might be soon a thing of the past!

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
New York
Tel 845 259 3628