THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Buffalo Hunting in RSA (2017) with Mark Sullivan-Update w Pics
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo Hunting in RSA (2017) with Mark Sullivan-Update w Pics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will probably regret this but what the hell. It won't be the first or last time in my life.

I have shot a hell of a lot of buffalo in my life. More than most but not as many as Saeed. A total of 50 to be exact. Out of those 50, there was a single buffalo taken on the RSA. Yes, it was high fenced. I won't lie about it. No, there was no ear tag.

I saw this bull and my eyes about popped out of my head. The bosses looked like two black loaves of bread on its head. It was about 38 inches wide but those bosses. Damn but those were some serious bosses.

The damn thing was facing me. I HATE a frontal shot. I did it anyway. Right as I was squeezing , I saw the bull dropping his head at the very instant the gun went off. BOOM! All hell broke loose. The bull was down, then up and gone. Blood was all over the ground. So was some bone which I could not figure out.

This bull took off. We tracked and we tracked and we tracked. A grand total of 18.2 miles to be exact. I hammered him when we caught up to him.

Call this whatever you want, high fence or not, this as fair chase as anything I have every done. At some point, I figured we were going to lose the bull. 18.2 f'ing miles behind a high fence! This wasn't shooting some dairy cow. I had my 416 carried in alert position the entire way , much of it through some really bad stuff.

What happened? He dropped his head just as I shot. I broke his lower jaw. The bullet went through his neck and hit his spine where it stopped. Had this been a solid. He would have died on the spot.

So, is all buffalo hunting in the RSA a not sporting affair? Not in my book. A lot of people could not have physically done what we did. Other would have chickened out.

Now flame away gentlemen.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Yes, you should be ashamed Larry . . . using the alert carry instead of African carry. Wink

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I will probably regret this but what the hell. It won't be the first or last time in my life.

I have shot a hell of a lot of buffalo in my life. More than most but not as many as Saeed. A total of 50 to be exact. Out of those 50, there was a single buffalo taken on the RSA. Yes, it was high fenced. I won't lie about it. No, there was no ear tag.

I saw this bull and my eyes about popped out of my head. The bosses looked like two black loaves of bread on its head. It was about 38 inches wide but those bosses. Damn but those were some serious bosses.

The damn thing was facing me. I HATE a frontal shot. I did it anyway. Right as I was squeezing , I saw the bull dropping his head at the very instant the gun went off. BOOM! All hell broke loose. The bull was down, then up and gone. Blood was all over the ground. So was some bone which I could not figure out.

This bull took off. We tracked and we tracked and we tracked. A grand total of 18.2 miles to be exact. I hammered him when we caught up to him.

Call this whatever you want, high fence or not, this as fair chase as anything I have every done. At some point, I figured we were going to lose the bull. 18.2 f'ing miles behind a high fence! This wasn't shooting some dairy cow. I had my 416 carried in alert position the entire way , much of it through some really bad stuff.

What happened? He dropped his head just as I shot. I broke his lower jaw. The bullet went through his neck and hit his spine where it stopped. Had this been a solid. He would have died on the spot.

So, is all buffalo hunting in the RSA a not sporting affair? Not in my book. A lot of people could not have physically done what we did. Other would have chickened out.

No flame here... It is not as easy as it looks.

I have been on 4 high fence hunts - one I paid for the other I was the guest. The one I paid for was a work out for a week. One was a three day hunt (elk in Colorado on 20,000 acres), the other two were assasinations (Texas deer shoots from a box blind on a feeder while answering emails) and not hunts.

A high fence hunt can be a lot of things - just go into with eyes wide open...

BTW - the one I paid for was 131,000 acres with a 14' electric fence in Namibia... Only saw the fence when we went in. Would go back in a minute.

Anyway, I am a better shot than Larry, I shot mine in the butt.....

Posts: 10371 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Larry:
Thanks for your post. It holds a lot of weight as you are a respected member here.

The problem with the posts on SA buffalo is not the SA buffalo at all. If it was, there would be countless posts about it. Rather, the negativity about the SA buff is because a certain gentleman is doing the guiding. For a few individuals the man is a lightning rod for critical comments.

When I hunt is SA, I will forward you a copy of my writeup for your feedback.

I'm off for caribou in a couple of weeks with a nice old .350 no2 Rigby. I am trying to figure out how to post pics on AR now that Photobucket is out of the picture. When I do, I will post my elephant and warthog. Good seeing you in Atlanta. Thanks for lunch.
Cheers,
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
quote:

No flame here... It is not as easy as it looks.

I have been on 4 high fence hunts - one I paid for the other I was the guest. The one I paid for was a work out for a week. One was a three day hunt (elk in Colorado on 20,000 acres), the other two were assasinations (Texas deer shoots from a box blind on a feeder while answering emails) and not hunts.

A high fence hunt can be a lot of things - just go into with eyes wide open...

BTW - the one I paid for was 131,000 acres with a 14' electric fence in Namibia... Only saw the fence when we went in. Would go back in a minute.

Anyway, I am a better shot than Larry, I shot mine in the butt.....

rotflmo

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Larry,

There is a world of difference between what happened to you and what is being falsely offered here.

And you probably have proven one of my points about the shopping list bit too.

You saw a bull that you wanted to add to your collection due to his boss. And I bet you are not going to hide the fact that you shot that bull on a fenced farm when anyone asks you.

I have nothing against anyone hunting on farms in South Africa, or anywhere else.

I have been saying that for years, including so called "canned" lion hunting.

One has his choice, and spends his money, and it is no one else's business.

On the other hand, the offer being made here is made in total dishonesty, misrepresented, and false claims.

It is marketed as a hunt with non other but Mark Sullivan.

The truth only came out after the crooked agent was called out.

It turns out Mark is not licensed to hunt in South Africa, so how come he is being advertised is conducting the hunt??

Apparently the ear tags will be removed from the pets picked to be eliminated before our unlicensed hero guides the unsuspecting client to clobbers it.

If the booking agent has been upfront and truthful with his offer, rather than lie through his nose, the discussion might not have gone the way it has.

We should stand against ANY dishonesty in hunt offers.

Everything should be posted truthfully.

I could have removed this offer because it does not meet our rules.

But you know what would have happened?

I would have been blamed for deleting it because of what I think of Mark Sullivan and all his stupid antics.

So I decided to leave it for discussion, and we all know where that has lead to.

His agent now has been outed as a bloody liar too!

Buyer beware who you deal with.

Anyone who makes such lies regarding a hunt he is offering, should be avoided at any cost.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68770 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually I hear MS is quite adept at "creating" the same scenario Larry recounted .. only he doesn't shoot them in the jaw, he shoots them in the balls!

Look, a wounded buffalo is a wounded buffalo and it will generally try to elude pursuit. Larry's experience is not the norm. Had the buffalo been mortally hit, this would have been just another farm hunt. Over in 3 days max. In fact it can be over the first day if you try.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
Actually I hear MS is quite adept at "creating" the same scenario Larry recounted .. only he doesn't shoot them in the jaw, he shoots them in the balls!

Look, a wounded buffalo is a wounded buffalo and it will generally try to elude pursuit. Larry's experience is not the norm. Had the buffalo been mortally hit, this would have been just another farm hunt. Over in 3 days max. In fact it can be over the first day if you try.

Russ, may I repeat my earlier question?

How many buffalo have you hunted in South Africa that brought you to the conclusion that in 90% of cases it is similar to shooting farm cows?

Did you hunt buff 10 times and 9 of them were like shooting farm cows or did you hunt 100 and 90 of them were like shooting farm cows?

Just a question - nothing more, nothing less...

Best,

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 855 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
, he shoots them in the balls!

bsflag

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:
quote:
, he shoots them in the balls!

bsflag

He must be doing something very stupid, on purpose, to get wounded buffalo to lie down
In the open when wounded.

How come all buffalo we see wounded ended up in thick bush then??

How come the clients do not finish their own wounded buffalo?

Posts: 68770 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
The title and words to a really cool song…

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends."

Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
The title and words to a really cool song…

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends."

Cal

I got news for you my friend.

It is very obvious that these two fakes, both the agent and the so called PH have been exposed for what they are.

One lies with a smile on his face while getting his 2 minutes of fame by faking buffalo charges.

The other is selling so called "hunts" for unwanted, ear tagged cattle as buffalo hunts, with the unlicensed "look at me I am famous" freak.

You were very quick to complain about an outfitter who did not deliver what he promised you in his advert.

How come you are cheerleading for an even worse ear tagged pet cattle cull masquerading as a buffalo hunt?

Believe what you wish, it is your choice.

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Why will we only get a Hunt Report from Cal when the hunt is seen as "controversial" by some.

I enjoy almost all Hunt Reports posted here and would bet most other members of the forum do as well.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
The only reason I have not reported on my elephant hunt last month is I can't figure out how to post photos. I placed it on African Hunting but now that Photobucket is gone I'm a bit lost.

South African hunting is not controversial. Thousands do it evert year. What I find amusing here is Saeed's endless posts that say the same thing year after year. It never ends and never will. I know if and when I hunt with Mark and report on it here Saeed will go on the warpath. That is why I penned the title and words to a good song--it seems to fit the MS theme on AR. I will post next year if I hunt with Mark. Before I do so, I will make friendly wagers with fellow AR members to predict what the tone of the replies are and by whom. Whatever is done, it will all be in fun as nothing here on AR is really worth getting angry (or serious) about.
Cal
PS. If someone can tell me the easiest way to post photos now, I will give a glowing report of my elephant hunt with Wayne van den Bergh. African Hunting.com is easy as I can pick up photos off my desktop and drag them to the post. I took an average bull elephant and an outstanding warthog with Jack Lott's .500 nitro by Watson Brothers. If any of you folks here can pull it up on the hunt reports section of AH.com, feel free to post it here. It's a good story of the hunt and how things can go sour when dealing with some in Zimbabwe.

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only reason I have not reported on my elephant hunt last month is I can't figure out how to post photos. I placed it on African Hunting but now that Photobucket is gone I'm a bit lost.

South African hunting is not controversial. Thousands do it evert year. What I find amusing here is Saeed's endless posts that say the same thing year after year. It never ends and never will. I know if and when I hunt with Mark and report on it here Saeed will go on the warpath. That is why I penned the title and words to a good song--it seems to fit the MS theme on AR. I will post next year if I hunt with Mark. Before I do so, I will make friendly wagers with fellow AR members to predict what the tone of the replies are and by whom. Whatever is done, it will all be in fun as nothing here on AR is really worth getting angry (or serious) about.
Cal
PS. If someone can tell me the easiest way to post photos now, I will give a glowing report of my elephant hunt with Wayne van den Bergh. African Hunting.com is easy as I can pick up photos off my desktop and drag them to the post. I took an average bull elephant and an outstanding warthog with Jack Lott's .500 nitro by Watson Brothers. If any of you folks here can pull it up on the hunt reports section of AH.com, feel free to post it here. It's a good story of the hunt and how things can go sour when dealing with some in Zimbabwe.

Cal,

This was never a buffalo hunt offer.

The freak's agent lied from day one.

This is in total contrast to the honest agents who post offers for hunts on farms.

They are all upfront about what one is getting int, including the name of lisenced individual who will be leading the hunt and sign all the relevant documents.

They do not put a name of someone who is no longer welcome by many in Tanzania, and has gravitated to culling unwanted cattle on a farm.

I would not have said a word if told it as it is.

But, as the old saying goes, birds of a feather flock together.

Crooks and fakes somehow find each other's company comforting!

One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
Try as you may, people who know me personally are not buying into your frantic efforts Saeed. The RSA PH information is in the original hunt offer. As previously noted, I am not marketing that PH and that is why he is mentioned by license number and not by name in the hunt offer. All detail is there for anyone to clearly see. Here is an excerpt from the hunt offer:

…you can hunt Cape buffalo in South Africa with Mark as your Tanzanian PH*
* (RSA DG PH also present)
RSA DG PH/Outfitter No: Listed in Offer
Ref No: CPM & Expiration date: Listed in Offer

Original Hunt Offer Post on AR

Mark Sullivan is still hunting Tanzania in 2017 and elsewhere as well. Just wanted to clarify your incorrect information.

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ExpressYourself:
Try as you may, people who know me personally are not buying into your frantic efforts Saeed. The RSA PH information is in the original hunt offer. As previously noted, I am not marketing that PH and that is why he is mentioned by license number and not by name in the hunt offer. All detail is there for anyone to clearly see. Here is an excerpt from the hunt offer:

Mark Sullivan is still hunting Tanzania in 2017 and elsewhere as well. Just wanted to clarify your incorrect information.
I believe Saeed is referring to your original-original post, where you did not specify (disclose) this information. You edited the offer, and added the * and reference to the "SA PH" afterwards.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am still confused - how can you sell a hunt and not market the legal ph on the hunt.

Is there any hunt report with Mark Sullivan as ph or even observer on

Also can you tell me why Mark Sullivan is banned by SCI and DSC. I have asked this question before and never got an straight answer.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

I am still confused - how can you sell a hunt and not market the legal ph on the hunt.

Is there any hunt report with Mark Sullivan as ph or even observer on

Also can you tell me why Mark Sullivan is banned by SCI and DSC. I have asked this question before and never got an straight answer.

Mike

Mike,

I heard that he was banned from exhibiting at those conventions because he refused to stop showing his videos. The powers that be deemed them too gory, but Mark had them lined up six deep at his booth. Once they banned him, he said F you and rescinded his memberships.

That is just the rumor, though...

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Apparently, he got banned by SCI because they asked him to stop showing his fake buffalo charges, as we all know non of these charges are real, but created to make him look so brave, so he can tell us all what a bunch of cowards are the rest of the professional hunters hunting Africa are.

Bloody hell, that really takes the cake, being banned by an organization well know for supporting every fake form of hunting imaginable!

DSC, on the other hand, being an organization run by real hunters, saw through all his fakeness and would not allow him on right from the beginning.

Diizche Safari Adventures should be added to to all blacklisted booking agents to never be dealt with again!

Instead of correcting his intentionally misleading original offer, he keeps coming up with every excuse under the sun!

It really is black or white when it comes to offering hunts here.

The real PH's license number is listed, but not his name.

How come you have not listed the tag number of the unwanted pet cattle being culled? As the number seems to be so important?

How come Mark Sullivan is being made the headline of your offer?

If you really want my advice, stop offering so called, fake hunts here.

And by the looks of it, you have the same problem as the fake you represent.

Both of you are incapable of understanding the simple fact that members here are not as stupid as you seem to assume them to be.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't subscribe to hunting report - are there any reports by client hunters who have hunted with Mark Sullivan ?

Are there any reports on AR of a paying client hunting with Mark Sullivan ?

Would any booking agent (there are plenty who sell services on AR) ever sell a dg hunt in which the legal ph is not marketed but a celebrity observer is the key marketed player ?

Why do all the mark Sullivan defenders profess great admiration from his hunting style but somehow never manage to wire him some money and hunt with him at the same time they hunting with less well know professional hunters ?

It's a lot different selling a $50 DVD to selling a $12k or $100k hunt.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
One only has to read what Mark Sullivan has written himself.

His clients are terrible shots, they cannot hit a barn door from the inside!

That is why they wound so many buffaloes.

And from my own experience, and the experience of other "cowards" masquerading as professional hunters, let us be very generous and assume that 10% of wounded buffalo lay down conveniently in the open for our hero to walk up to them and kill them.

What happened to the other 90% of buffalo wounded purposely which take off and go into thickets?

Has anyone seen our hero go after a wounded buffalo in thick bush?

100% of all buffalo we have seen wounded run into the thickest bush they can find.

Mark Sullivan's are apparently have read the script, just as he makes sure that all cameras are set for his Hollywood moment, they have to juts lay down and wait for him to walk up to them.

Not much different from all the bullshit Hollywood puts out.

And let us not forget the fact that all other professional hunters who have ever hunted Africa are nothing but a bunch of bloody cowards!

Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mark is still hunting with a .577 NE. He is using a boxlock double similar to this one that I own:
.577 NE Double Info

I won’t jump into play in Saeed’s pool of insanity beyond what I have noted below:

The RSA PH information is in the original hunt offer. I am not marketing that PH and that is why he is mentioned by license number and not by name. All detail is there for anyone to clearly see. Here is an excerpt from the hunt offer:

Original Hunt Offer Post

Mark has hunted in many places with clients including to name just a few; Tanzania, Australia, Canada, Mexico, the U.S., and now RSA. He continues to hunt Tanzania this year as well.

I am confused - the dg hunt sold is for a celebrity/Tanzania ph/observer. The legal ph information is only provided by an id number and no name or other info.

Does the celebrity/Tanzania ph/observer who is marketed require the client to sign any liabiiity waiver ?

Does the legal ph require client to sign a liability waiver ?

Does the booking agent who markets the observer and not the legal ph require the client to sign a waiver ?

Why not make this simple and have Mark Sullivan become a licensed PH in South Africa. It cannot be that hard to become a South Africa PH - this is not zim ph appi/test but more like a couple of week diploma course.

I see celebrity marketed trips in fishing all the time but rarely see it in hunting. The fishing trips are more like the celebrity organizes the group etc, hang out in camp and fishes but does not guide.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a way to get a buffalo to lay down in the open. Dart it.

If you then administer the antidote, you have a few minutes to get set up, get the cameras rolling, it will stand up and you can shoot it while it's still groggy.

Wouldn't be the first time this has been done in RSA (with cats).

Now frozen buffalo ... that would take a rather large freezer!

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have two individuals here who got their claim to fame in a rather controversial manner.

Mark Sullivan's only claim to fame is his production of these fake buffalo charge videos.

We all know that nothing in these videos is realistic whatsoever.

It is a make believe Hollywood blockbuster fakery.

Nothing else!

And we have an agent who thinks nothing about outright lies.

What is even worse, he continues to lie even after he was called out!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed
Can you answer one question ?
If these guys are so disgusting to you and seem to be not worth the time of day why don't you shut this thread down and shut the posters off you don't like. It would not be the first time you believed other bullshit and shut them off.
Just curious!!!

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
It is amazing how much press and publicity Mark gets here on AR. Remember that in 16 years of filming, Mark recorded only 8 buffalo charges. 8, that's all. Also, were 6 hippo charges. None of the hippo were wounded prior to the charge.

I would guess Mark's clients don't post here for several reasons. One would be very few in the hunting world know of AR and most hunters don't read AR or post here. And, two, for those that do I would guess they want to avoid the shit storm. That said, since I'm on Saeed's shit list anyway, I will post the facts and photos of my hunt with Mark after my 2018 buffalo (and maybe plains game) hunt.
It is hard to take Saeed's posts seriously when he uses words such as freak, crook, fakes, and stating as facts "no longer welcome in Tanzania" without any documentation or sources. While Saeed wants to convince the world of the evil of Mark Sullivan (and now Shawn) he is fighting a losing battle. Mark still hunts and I doubt Saeed's thousand+ posts have convinced even one potential hunter to not book with Mark. I think it goes on so much here is that Saeed has to have the last word.
I think Saeed is to be commended for allowing hunt reports, etc., to continue about a man he hates so much. Saeed is truly a champion of the free press (except for ISS, Zombiekiller, and echoannie2).
Cheers, all.
Cal
PS. In 2018 why don't you join me for the buffalo hunt, Saeed? You then can write about it in a completely factual manner rather than an emotional one. I've seen the shooting of big rifles at your shooting range and you could take your buff with my vintage .600 (although you'd have to use a .22 for the initial nut shot--LOL).

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is amazing how much press and publicity Mark gets here on AR. Remember that in 16 years of filming, Mark recorded only 8 buffalo charges. 8, that's all. Also, were 6 hippo charges. None of the hippo were wounded prior to the charge.

I would guess Mark's clients don't post here for several reasons. One would be very few in the hunting world know of AR and most hunters don't read AR or post here. And, two, for those that do I would guess they want to avoid the shit storm. That said, since I'm on Saeed's shit list anyway, I will post the facts and photos of my hunt with Mark after my 2018 buffalo (and maybe plains game) hunt.
It is hard to take Saeed's posts seriously when he uses words such as freak, crook, fakes, and stating as facts "no longer welcome in Tanzania" without any documentation or sources. While Saeed wants to convince the world of the evil of Mark Sullivan (and now Shawn) he is fighting a losing battle. Mark still hunts and I doubt Saeed's thousand+ posts have convinced even one potential hunter to not book with Mark. I think it goes on so much here is that Saeed has to have the last word.
I think Saeed is to be commended for allowing hunt reports, etc., to continue about a man he hates so much. Saeed is truly a champion of the free press (except for ISS, Zombiekiller, and echoannie2).
Cheers, all.
Cal
PS. In 2018 why don't you join me for the buffalo hunt, Saeed? You then can write about it in a completely factual manner rather than an emotional one. I've seen the shooting of big rifles at your shooting range and you could take your buff with my vintage .600 (although you'd have to use a .22 for the initial nut shot--LOL).

Cal

Can you tell me why DSC does that allow Mark Sullivan ?

We can dismiss SCI for numerous reasons - it is still the number one place to sell hunts. I have been told this by hunting, fishing and gun guys.

DSC is a close second in the selling of hunts. Why is Mark Sullivan not at DSC?

Also if AR is irrelevant and Mark Sullivan has his great roster of clients (where are the hunt reports) - why keep coming on AR and trying to sell hunts.

Something does not sit right when one says AR is irrelevant but let me sell my hunts on AR.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joeblack2345:
Saeed
If these guys are so disgusting to you and seem to be not worth the time of day why don't you shut this thread down and shut the posters off you don't like. It would not be the first time you believed other bullshit and shut them off.
Just curious!!!

Imagine the uproar we would have had if I did that with a fake offer to hunt with a fake, tag-a-along, I am a celebrity, unlicensed, freak pretending to be a professional hunter.

All you need do is read what Cal posts - read his posts on this thread and the original I have linked.

Mark Sullivan has stated many times that all other professional hunters are just plain cowards.

All his clients just cannot shoot worth a damn.

Now you have to add what Cal says too.

Non of us who can see this freak show fake for what he is, are fit enough to walk in his shoes! rotflmo

May be Inshould have moved this to the HUMOR FORUM?!!

This thread is just as entertaining as Mark Sullivan's made up buffalo charges.

Every one sees it as he wants to.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Joeblack2345:
Saeed
Just curious!!!

Imagine the uproar we would have had if I did that with a fake offer to hunt with a fake, tag-a-along, I am a celebrity, unlicensed, freak pretending to be a professional hunter.

All you need do is read what Cal posts - read his posts on this thread and the original I have linked.

Mark Sullivan has stated many times that all other professional hunters are just plain cowards.

All his clients just cannot shoot worth a damn.

Now you have to add what Cal says too.

Non of us who can see this freak show fake for what he is, are fit enough to walk in his shoes! rotflmo

May be Inshould have moved this to the HUMOR FORUM?!!

This thread is just as entertaining as Mark Sullivan's made up buffalo charges.

Every one sees it as he wants to.

But the rubber meets the pavement when dollars need to be wired and hunts booked.

Few AR supporters of Mark Sullivan actually hunt with him. Tells me a lot.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I got a message from someone who was present when Mark Sullivan was staging one of his fake buffalo charges.

He said the most important thing they were told to aim for is perfect video camera angles!

To show the fake professional hunter at his best in proving him brag how brace he is, and what a bunch of cowards are the rest of professional hunters in Africa are rotflmo

I am surprised he has not joined Hollywood.

He would fit right in with that fake crowd! clap

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Cheers, all.
Cal

Cal

We can dismiss SCI for numerous reasons - it is still the number one place to sell hunts. I have been told this by hunting, fishing and gun guys.

Also if AR is irrelevant and Mark Sullivan has his great roster of clients (where are the hunt reports) - why keep coming on AR and trying to sell hunts.

Something does not sit right when one says AR is irrelevant but let me sell my hunts on AR.

Mike

I don't have a clue as to DSC's actions. I don't know Mark on a persoanl level--just limited communication with him to write the articles in African Hunter.
AR is not irrelevant by any means. I just think most of the US hunters don't come on the forums. In my small circle almost no one who hunts up here knows AR. Many who hunt in Africa don't know of this site or African Hunting.com. All of the older hunters whose hunting days are behind them never get on the internet.

I understand the point you are trying to make. Sullivan aside, how many Africa hunt reports come on AR and how many hunts are conducted in Africa each year? The numbers will speak for themselves. Also, look at the number of American hunt reports and the number of American hunters who take to the woods. For those of us who post on AR we are a very small minority.
Cheers, all.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cheers, all.
Cal

Cal

Mike

I don't have a clue as to DSC's actions. I don't know Mark on a persoanl level--just limited communication with him to write the articles in African Hunter.
AR is not irrelevant by any means. I just think most of the US hunters don't come on the forums. In my small circle almost no one who hunts up here knows AR. Many who hunt in Africa don't know of this site or African Hunting.com. All of the older hunters whose hunting days are behind them never get on the internet.

I understand the point you are trying to make. Sullivan aside, how many Africa hunt reports come on AR and how many hunts are conducted in Africa each year? The numbers will speak for themselves.
Cheers, all.
Cal

Cal

Let assume everything you say about AR is true (i question that as at least in Zim hunting world AR is a known source).

Why is Mark Sullivan and his booking agent wasting time on AR. It seems like it is being done to pull Saeed's chain.

I just have a issue on a total BS hunt being offered for sale on AR which does not meet AR simple classified rules. How can you offer a DG hunt in which the legal PH is not a marketed item but identified with a license number but no name.

I put a simple thread saying contact save safaris for a great lion hunt at end of the season last year and Saeed correctly took it down cause it did not meet AR requirements and he sent me an email. This thread does not meet the basic requirements of AR classified.

I see a reason for it now staying open cause you see total radio silence from the booking agent when questions are asked. It seems the goal was to just stir up some sh*t.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cheers, all.
Cal

Cal

Mike

I understand the point you are trying to make. Sullivan aside, how many Africa hunt reports come on AR and how many hunts are conducted in Africa each year? The numbers will speak for themselves. Also, look at the number of American hunt reports and the number of American hunters who take to the woods. For those of us who post on AR we are a very small minority.
Cheers, all.
Cal

And AR lets you complain about crooked agents and professional hunters other sites will not.

So how come you are cheerleading on this one supporting a lying booking agent?

Total misrepresentation of what he is actually offering!

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cheers, all.
Cal

Cal

Mike

Cheers, all.
Cal

And AR lets you complain about crooked agents and professional hunters other sites will not.

So how come you are cheerleading on this one supporting a lying booking agent?

Total misrepresentation of what he is actually offering!

Saeed, my friend, I have said many times my appreciation of AR and what you allow. I didn't know this until I was in Zim a few weeks ago, but African Hunting.com charges PH's $2000 per year to advertise hunts there. And, if a poster mentions AR, it is deleted!!

I think name calling Shawn is a bit of an overstatement. I first knew of the buffalo offer from Mark himself via an email and a followup phone call. When I read the initial posting of the hunt I skimmed over it as I already knew the details and planned to hunt in 2018 via direct communication with Mark. I know Shawn markets to Mark and not the SA landowner, Basie. Truthfully some find the experience of hunting with Mark to be an enjoyable affair (others not, I understand this) but if the readership of AR saw a buff hunt posted with Basie's name it may not have gotten much of a response as we don't know who he is. To market Mark was a sound move. I mean, look at the press, both positive and negative, it has generated.

Another gent above mentioned celebrity fishing trips where a well-known name is along for the trip but the actual guide is someone else. It's just marketing, nothing else. I've never met Shawn but I think to call him a liar is just an echo of your hate for Mark. It's too bad, really, as we all are hunters, champion gun rights, and enjoy the same pursuits. When this thread dies nothing will change for any of us. It will be revived and the same comments will be made when the next thread surfaces. It may be mine after I hunt, or another in-between.
Cheers, Saeed, in the big picture, we are all in the same boat (and it's sinking).
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
On AR, we support every hunting and shooting website on the net.

I wish there more decent websites, rather then being driven by the dictates of advertisers.

You can link, mention and quote any site on the net.

I forgot d it rather shameful that others do not follow this policy.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Wow! This is great entertainment. I visited African Hunting years ago, but it wasn't the same.

In the ABGH forum here under the title "Surogate PH," or something similar, there was not a problem at all. Why the dust up?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Many years ago, before we started AR, I was at a hunting forum, and someone asked for recommendations to who to hunt with in Zimbabwe.

I recommended Roy Vincent.

My post was deleted, and I was told if I wanted to mention him, he has to advertise on that site.

I thought that was such a terrible idea, did not like it, and AR was born.

No adverts.
No favors.
Everyone stands by his words.

And despite all the negatives we are getting from those who do not agree with my policy, many people in in the hunting industry have written to tell me they have had better response from posting their offers here than actually advertising on other sites.

All for free.

Of course, if you are a crooked agent, and post completely unacceptable lies about your offer, no one will protect you.

And you will be shown exactly as you really are.

A bloody crook!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mark recorded only 8 buffalo charges. 8, that's all. Also, were 6 hippo charges.

Ironically his "cat" clients must have been exceptional shots as I fail to recall having watched or heard of similar action-packed charging videos related to wounded Lion or Leopard. Wink

Posts: 2044 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote