THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Buffalo Hunting in RSA (2017) with Mark Sullivan-Update w Pics
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo Hunting in RSA (2017) with Mark Sullivan-Update w Pics
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted

I have received a few emails asking for updates/pics on the limited RSA buffalo hunts that were offered this year (2017) with Mark Sullivan. I have received a few pics from clients from those hunts that I have been given permission to share on AR.

As of today, they have hunted and killed four big bulls. The smallest being 39 inches. This bull is 41 inches (This image is not from any of Mark’s prior Tanzania hunts or his 2017 Tanzania hunts). All of the bulls killed to date on the RSA hunts were hardheaded old dugga boys. Additionally, they have been hunting various plains game and have also hunted and killed rhino as well.

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I am in receipt of the same pics and will hunt buffalo and possibly plains game in 2018 with Mark and Basie. I retired the .600 but will dust if off one more time for this hunt and use a .350 no2 Rigby for the plains game. I will take the .350 for caribou this September to get a bit of experience with it. (It's a fairly new arrival from down under and I've not hunted with it yet).
Cheers, and I know Saeed will await my hunt report next summer.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
I am in receipt of the same pics and will hunt buffalo and possibly plains game in 2018 with Mark and Basie. I retired the .600 but will dust if off one more time for this hunt and use a .350 no2 Rigby for the plains game. I will take the .350 for caribou this September to get a bit of experience with it. (It's a fairly new arrival from down under and I've not hunted with it yet).
Cheers, and I know Saeed will await my hunt report next summer.
Cal

Who are you going to be hunting with?

I mean the real, licensed, professional hunter, not the tag along nutcase? rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66930 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand Cal is planning a complete write up with all the juicy details.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I understand Cal is planning a complete write up with all the juicy details.

Should make a very interesting reading! clap

I wonder if the real, licensed, professional hunter would even get a mention!

On the other hand, our tag-along tea boy will be mentioned non stop rotflmo

Posts: 66930 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Really, if you don't care for Mark Sullivan you should just come out and say so Wink

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9551 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
After the hunt I will write a review for all to see. As Jack Webb said, "Just the facts." Good guess, Larry. Tell me, how did you know??

Tag-along tea boy? Are you coming, Saeed? I know your obsession will rise to new heights. My writeup will be an excuse for you to pen an additional 500 anti-MS posts! It will be an interesting tabulation to catalog your endless MS posts and compared to how many posts you make when poachers poison a dozen elephants or Muslims behead children. At least we all know where your passion is!

Cheers, mates,
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the report...If all goes well, which I expect it will, I'd like to add this to my short list of future hunts.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:
Looking forward to the report...If all goes well, which I expect it will, I'd like to add this to my short list of future hunts.

If you do, you will be on Saeed's shit list.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:

If you do, you will be on Saeed's shit list.
Cal

Probably already am... Wink

+ I promise not to lose any sleep over it Big Grin

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
After the hunt I will write a review for all to see. As Jack Webb said, "Just the facts." Good guess, Larry. Tell me, how did you know??

Tag-along tea boy? Are you coming, Saeed? I know your obsession will rise to new heights. My writeup will be an excuse for you to pen an additional 500 anti-MS posts! It will be an interesting tabulation to catalog your endless MS posts and compared to how many posts you make when poachers poison a dozen elephants or Muslims behead children. At least we all know where your passion is!

Cheers, mates,
Cal

Just a wild guess my friend. Just a wild guess. Personally, I can't wait to read the report.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Likewise. Frankly, I wish I could go.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have waited and debated a few hours before my reply so no abrupt reaction was conveyed. I have read with
Great humor the banter about Mark Sullivan and I personally find it entertaining. However after a couple of years on AR I have formed my opinions regarding some members.

I have high regard for Cal with only this forum to judge his posts and character. So I found it beneath him to have made the beheading comment to Saeed. Now if I have misread or misunderstood the post then my Apologies. Others may take me to task and that's their privilege. On other matters I have all the respect in the world for dialogue but that seemed over the top.

Posts: 84 | Location: Bellville, Texas | Registered: 21 April 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Noticed mark put his new 577 up for sale...what is he using now?

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
mgrem:
Thank you for your comments.

The point I was trying to make is the unbalance in Saeed's approach to Mark. Saeed has made perhaps 1000 hateful posts against the man without ever meeting him or talking to him, much less hunting with him. I have stated in the past I have absolutely no problem with any disagreement with anyone or anything here on AR. We all disagree at times. I find it perfectly acceptable Saeed does not like Mark's style, personality, or whatever.

What I find disturbing is it is out of balance. Of all the injustices we post and mention here on AR I find it distasteful Saeed speaks so strongly and so often his dislike of a fellow hunter where his posts against our real enemy (the anti hunters) rarely is made mention of. Saeed rarely posts against poachers, anti gun movements, anti hunting movements, or ISIS and other terrorist activities. Yes he does at times and Saeed is a good man and one of honor but most of his angry pen is pointed toward Mark, and not against others and their actions that would warrant such hatred.

There are folks on the political forum I find distasteful. Rather than endlessly rant towards them, I place them on ignore. If Mark bothers Saeed so much I believe a better and more honorable route to take would be for Saeed to ignore Mark and drop it completely rather than the countless posts and rants that are beneath him. Even those who may not like Mark's style get tired of the broken record repetition. Nothing new is said--it is the same old anger and insults over and over and over again.

I, in absolutely no way, believe Saeed supports vulgar activities. He has in fact spoken against such behaviors. His balance to what he writes of is my disagreement in attacking Mark many times more than the real problems we all face.

My apologies to you for my comments as they offended you. I hope my explanation cleared my intent. If not, again, I'm sorry to you and any others for my comment.
Cheers,
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cheers, mates,
Cal

You still have not answered the question on who is going to be the legitimate, licensed, professional hunter is going to be.

We have already know that your self obsessed " look at me, I am famous" idiot is NOT conducting the hunt.

As usual, everything associated with himself is nothing but bloody FAKE!

We already know that not many concession holders would allow him to hunt on their land in Tanzania because of his stupid antics.

So now he has gravitated to hunting farm bred, ear tagged, named pets instead!

And I see that your religious obsession with your hero has dropped you into the gutter with him too.

I do remember your saying that non of us here are capable of walking in his shoes.

May be you should get your head out and smell fresh air, you might realize that non of us would wish to be in his bloody shoes!

Bloody hell! How low can one get!!?

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Maybe Africa Travel is more dangerous than PF!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Saeed:
Mark really gets your blood up!

The South African land owner, Basie Kuhn, and I have had little communication. I don't know the laws of SA so I don't know if he will accompany Mark and I. He may do so.

Mark is 68 (I believe) and, after 25+ years of a very successful Tanzania career he is branching off for many reasons. He is guiding for brown bear in Alaska in the spirng and fall with an assistant guide's license and will guide for mule deer in Mexico on his own property. Mark has not had any legal or moral issues in Tanzania regardless of what the rumor mill (many started by you) says.

After the hunt I will do a fair and balanced report on AR and you can do with it as you please.

It has been interesting over the years to see your anger towards Mark grow to unhealthy levels. It is not only truly amazing to count your posts (I stopped doing so after 300) but also to see your words twisted to hypocrisy. I recall you stating a few times if a hunt is legal it is not anyone's business to complain about it. You stated on AR your PH has shot your animals when you were unable to do so. That people who complain of another's hunts should get a life and mind their own business. And the list goes on and on and on.

As stated, I have no issue with you disagreeing with what Mark does or who he is. I do find it interesting your jihadist and endless rants that repeat the same old thing over and over. I know it will conninue to do so before and well after I make my hunt report. And, regsrdless of our respective stance ont the issue, I want to now state my thanks to you for offering a truly free forum to post our thoughts and opinions. (On African Hunting.com I have mentioned AR in passing and the owner immediately deletes any and all references to AR).

In closing, we both are where we are on the MS issue. It would be interesting to catalog your anti-USA posts to see if your hatred of my country exceeds your hatred of Mark, but there is not enough time in the day to do so. My only desire would be for you to spend the energy you spend on Mark and direct it towards our real enemies such as the anti hunters, poachers, and the many injustices in the world. I know that won't happen and, as stated, we are where we are on the issue.

So, thanks again for the best internet forum and its freedoms. I hope you will allow me to post my hunt report next year and not ban me as you did ISS, Zimbiekiller, and Echoannie2. If we ever meet in person I will offer my hand in friendship and appreciation.

Cheers, mate.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed:
Mark really gets your blood up!

The South African land owner, Basie Kuhn, and I have had little communication. I don't know the laws of SA so I don't know if he will accompany Mark and I. He may do so.

Mark is 68 (I believe) and, after 25+ years of a very successful Tanzania career he is branching off for many reasons. He is guiding for brown bear in Alaska in the spirng and fall with an assistant guide's license and will guide for mule deer in Mexico on his own property. Mark has not had any legal or moral issues in Tanzania regardless of what the rumor mill (many started by you) says.

After the hunt I will do a fair and balanced report on AR and you can do with it as you please.

It has been interesting over the years to see your anger towards Mark grow to unhealthy levels. It is not only truly amazing to count your posts (I stopped doing so after 300) but also to see your words twisted to hypocrisy. I recall you stating a few times if a hunt is legal it is not anyone's business to complain about it. You stated on AR your PH has shot your animals when you were unable to do so. That people who complain of another's hunts should get a life and mind their own business. And the list goes on and on and on.

As stated, I have no issue with you disagreeing with what Mark does or who he is. I do find it interesting your jihadist and endless rants that repeat the same old thing over and over. I know it will conninue to do so before and well after I make my hunt report. And, regsrdless of our respective stance ont the issue, I want to now state my thanks to you for offering a truly free forum to post our thoughts and opinions. (On African Hunting.com I have mentioned AR in passing and the owner immediately deletes any and all references to AR).

In closing, we both are where we are on the MS issue. It would be interesting to catalog your anti-USA posts to see if your hatred of my country exceeds your hatred of Mark, but there is not enough time in the day to do so. My only desire would be for you to spend the energy you spend on Mark and direct it towards our real enemies such as the anti hunters, poachers, and the many injustices in the world. I know that won't happen and, as stated, we are where we are on the issue.

So, thanks again for the best internet forum and its freedoms. I hope you will allow me to post my hunt report next year and not ban me as you did ISS, Zimbiekiller, and Echoannie2. If we ever meet in person I will offer my hand in friendship and appreciation.

Cheers, mate.
Cal

So he is not licensed to hunt in South Africa, but the advert still falsely say book a hunt with him??

Bloody hell, what next? rotflmo

There is no end to this fake!

Makes the bloody mind BOGGLES! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
Mark is still hunting with a .577 NE. He is using a boxlock double similar to this one that I own:
.577 NE Double Info

I won’t jump into play in Saeed’s pool of insanity beyond what I have noted below:

The RSA PH information is in the original hunt offer. I am not marketing that PH and that is why he is mentioned by license number and not by name. All detail is there for anyone to clearly see. Here is an excerpt from the hunt offer:

…you can hunt Cape buffalo in South Africa with Mark as your Tanzanian PH*
* (RSA DG PH also present)
RSA DG PH/Outfitter No: Listed in Offer
Ref No: CPM & Expiration date: Listed in Offer

Original Hunt Offer Post

Mark has hunted in many places with clients including to name just a few; Tanzania, Australia, Canada, Mexico, the U.S., and now RSA. He continues to hunt Tanzania this year as well.

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ExpressYourself:
Mark is still hunting with a .577 NE. He is using a boxlock double similar to this one that I own:
.577 NE Double Info

I won’t jump into play in Saeed’s pool of insanity beyond what I have noted below:

The RSA PH information is in the original hunt offer. I am not marketing that PH and that is why he is mentioned by license number and not by name. All detail is there for anyone to clearly see. Here is an excerpt from the hunt offer:

…you can hunt Cape buffalo in South Africa with Mark as your Tanzanian PH*
* (RSA DG PH also present)
RSA DG PH/Outfitter No: Listed in Offer
Ref No: CPM & Expiration date: Listed in Offer

Original Hunt Offer Post

Mark has hunted in many places with clients including to name just a few; Tanzania, Australia, Canada, Mexico, the U.S., and now RSA. He continues to hunt Tanzania this year as well.

So now you admit that this is a fake offer of a hunt conducted by Mark Sullivan!!

Mark does NOT hold a professional license to conduct hunts in South Africa, and you clueless fakes are selling hunts in his name??

Bloody unbelievable really!

I tell you what, you are one of those agents one should avoid at any cost!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I was asked who the real professional hunter is in this fake offer.

I have no idea, as the agent making these silly fake offers is not willing to tell us.

I wonder how many of you would wish to go on a hunt - well, I know it is not really a hunt by any stretch of the imagination, shooting ear tagged, farm bred pets - but, let us humor our agent who never stops posting fake offers. But just know the license number of a nameless, faceless professional who is supposed to guiding you?

We have heard all sorts of stories of unscrupulous booking agents who take clients for a ride, here is a perfect example of one, and he makes absolutely no bones about his shame faced business.

Below is his own post, in his own words, so you decide if you would ever wish to do business with such an agent!

There are far too many honest, decent agents who will do everything possible to be up front in their dealings, and would not even dream of such classless, shameful behavior.

quote:

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I was asked who the real professional hunter is in this fake offer.

I have no idea, as the agent making these silly fake offers is not willing to tell us.

I wonder how many of you would wish to go on a hunt - well, I know it is not really a hunt by any stretch of the imagination, shooting ear tagged, farm bred pets - but, let us humor our agent who never stops posting fake offers. But just know the license number of a nameless, faceless professional who is supposed to guiding you?

We have heard all sorts of stories of unscrupulous booking agents who take clients for a ride, here is a perfect example of one, and he makes absolutely no bones about his shame faced business.

Below is his own post, in his own words, so you decide if you would ever wish to do business with such an agent!

There are far too many honest, decent agents who will do everything possible to be up front in their dealings, and would not even dream of such classless, shameful behavior.

quote:

Saeed:

In my post above, the landowner, who is also the PH, is named.

Your hatred is all-consuming and at the level it is, it is not doing your health and longevity anything positive. We already have one AR member with a ill-functioning ticker. We don't need another.

There are thousands of South African hunts each year. By condeming this one so strongly can the readers of AR assume you condem their hunts, also?
Are not all SA hunts, from plains game to lion and rhino, for "farm bred pets?"

Lighten up, my friend. By now, with your disdain for SA hunts, you are insulting a large portion your membership.

Come visit me in Alaska this winter and cool off! We'll shoot double rifles, winter tent camp, snow shoe and snow machine around the hills.
Cheers, mate.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:

Congratulations, you win today's award for the most hyperbole crammed into one sentence! tu2

Hunts where there are two professional hunters, one licensed in country and one not licensed in country, have been taking place for years and have been conducted by some of the most reputable safari outfitters and PH's in the business. For example, many of the hunts conducted by Johan Calitz in Botswana were conducted in precisely this manner. There is nothing classless, shameful, deceitful or anything else wrong with such safaris.

We have different standards by the looks of it clap

Mike

Posts: 21200 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

Congratulations, you win today's award for the most hyperbole crammed into one sentence! tu2

Hunts where there are two professional hunters, one licensed in country and one not licensed in country, have been taking place for years and have been conducted by some of the most reputable safari outfitters and PH's in the business. For example, many of the hunts conducted by Johan Calitz in Botswana were conducted in precisely this manner. There is nothing classless, shameful, deceitful or anything else wrong with such safaris.

Fascinating!

A while back when crooked South African professional hunters were doing this in Zimbabwe, everyone was in an uproar.

But when a crooked American agent and his professional hunter do it now it is acceptable??

I suppose it all depends on who is involved??

Some of us have different standards of judging hunting agents, who they represent, and how they advertise it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a hard time understanding how some of you have a problem with someone saying they don't like mark and think this offer is misleading. Then post your offer here for free and then talk shit about the guy who lets you do the free offers.

If I was the owner of this site this offer would be down in a heart beat just because I could.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

Fascinating!

A while back when crooked South African professional hunters were doing this in Zimbabwe, everyone was in an uproar.

But when a crooked American agent and his professional hunter do it now it is acceptable??

I suppose it all depends on who is involved??

Some of us have different standards of judging hunting agents, who they represent, and how they advertise it.

. . . in the instances you are referencing the South Africans were aligning themselves with government cronies and hunting in the Zim National Parks like Hwange. Roll Eyes

Mike

Posts: 21200 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to support Cal on this issue...Mark may be a controversial figure but the way this hunt is conducted is nothing special...on the contrary..

Saeed has become totally obsessive about M.S. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3965 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pondoro:
I have to support Cal on this issue...Mark may be a controversial figure but the way this hunt is conducted is nothing special...on the contrary..

Saeed has become totally obsessive about M.S. Roll Eyes

It is your money, and I wish you the best of luck.

But, I guarantee you if any other booking agent advertised a hunt like this he would have been with endless questions to answer.

And for the life of me, I can never understand all this silly hero worship of a man who has been kicked out of numerous concessions in Tanzania, because of all his silly "look at how brave I am" antics.

Now he has dropped to lowest level of hunting farm bred buffalo, admittedly, the ear tags were mentioned that they would be removed!

I am not sure anyone likes to hunt buffalo as much as I do, but there is no way in hell I would shoot a buffalo on a farm.

An impala or a kudu I have shot on farms.

But a buffalo or a lion is totally out of the question.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Tell me, Saeed (and I'm sure this has been discussed on AR prior), if hunting on a ranch why is it OK for shoot a kudu but not a buffalo?

I'm not trying to stir the pot, I have honestly wondered about this for years as to where the line is drawn. I understand small fenced enclosures are not sporting for any hunting. (I was offered an elk hunt in the late 1990s on a ranch that was 10 1/2 acres!).

But, if the property is large enough not to see fences then why not a buffalo (or lion)? This is not a MS issue, but an issue that covers all of South Africa and a few properties in Zim, I'm sure.

Kudu and buffalo inhabit the same area, eat the flora, and hopefully escape from predators. Why not hunt them on the same land? Is a kudu less of an animal? Are lions too noble?

This is probably a hijack of the thread but it ties in with the offered hunt here.
Just wondering, fellas…
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Cal,

It really is pointless for me to try to tell you why I would hunt farm bred plains game but will not hunt buffalo or lion that are farm bred, and ear tagged.

For starters the plains game do not have ear tags! rotflmo

Second, I never believed in silly hero worship.

Obviously you and me have different standards of what we consider to be hunting and shooting.

Go and enjoy your shoot on the farm.

Reminds me of farm bred pheasant shoots.

I have been on one, and I really have no wish to go on another.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's really simple: buffalo don't hide and it's rather easy to find them. In an unfenced concession, the hunt is mostly about tracking and finding the bulls. Buffalo and elephant roam over long distances so there is often an element of surprise in locating shootable bulls. Bachelor herds can be elusive if they have been harassed so getting a shot can be difficult. But mostly, the shooting is usually pretty uneventful. On private land, the tracking/finding activity is trivial, so the hunt, in 90% of cases, is like shooting a farm cow. Indeed, on many of these RSA ranches, the buffalo are watered and fed like cows and they are habituated to humans and vehicles. So in fact, they are for all intents and purposes, beef cattle with big horns. May as well shoot a cow, the meat is more palatable.

Plains game, on the other hand, are more adept at hiding and escape. Their territories are smaller so the fence may be academic. There is still an element of sport involved in hunting them on private fenced land.

My prediction, "clean" buffalo will soon be offered in Texas. They will be selectively bred for horn mass. And if it's possible to implant embryos in cows (like mouflon in sheep), that will be done.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well summed up Russ !!!
The Buff have to be handled like cattle to tag them.

Hang on TITE !!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
It's really simple: buffalo don't hide and it's rather easy to find them. In an unfenced concession, the hunt is mostly about tracking and finding the bulls. Buffalo and elephant roam over long distances so there is often an element of surprise in locating shootable bulls. Bachelor herds can be elusive if they have been harassed so getting a shot can be difficult. But mostly, the shooting is usually pretty uneventful. On private land, the tracking/finding activity is trivial, so the hunt, in 90% of cases, is like shooting a farm cow. Indeed, on many of these RSA ranches, the buffalo are watered and fed like cows and they are habituated to humans and vehicles. So in fact, they are for all intents and purposes, beef cattle with big horns. May as well shoot a cow, the meat is more palatable.

Plains game, on the other hand, are more adept at hiding and escape. Their territories are smaller so the fence may be academic. There is still an element of sport involved in hunting them on private fenced land.

My prediction, "clean" buffalo will soon be offered in Texas. They will be selectively bred for horn mass. And if it's possible to implant embryos in cows (like mouflon in sheep), that will be done.

Why did you have to post these pesky facts?

Some of us do recognize the difference between hunting and shooting.

In the wild, we hunt buffalo.

On farms, we selectively eliminate what is not wanted from our farm bred cattle.

I do the same here in the back of my house, and never call it hunting clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

On farms, we selectively eliminate what is not wanted from our farm bred cattle.

Saeed,
Do you let them decide how they want to die?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9551 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW another long discussion on Mark Sullivan who till this day never said a bad word or insult anyone on this form. And then the usual topic of farm bred animals, when I started out in my little business quite some time ago I use to get on AR it was a wealth of information and truly help me out a allot on areas and good places to go, these days I see more cat fights than what is in a grade 7 girls only class.

Fighting our own.... what we do best.

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

Saeed,
Do you let them decide how they want to die?

Nope!

I make the decision, not some silly animal!

But, I am not a self glorifying characterless wannabe who insults both his profession and his clients.

His clients cannot shoot worth a damn.

Other professional hunters are nothing but a bunch of cowards clap

Remember, these words are from his very own big mouth rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:

I'm curious Russ, how many buffalo have you hunted on private land to come to the "90% of cases" conclusion?

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

I know not all RSA buffalo hunts are like this and I market some that are definitely fair chase but let me give an extreme example of what an RSA buffalo hunt can be. This does not reflect on the hunt being discussed as I have no knowledge of how it will be conducted. I do think this will be of interest to some as it is a true story.

A client has a specific size requirement for a buffalo and wants to be guaranteed that the buffalo be X wide with a particular horn confirmation and a large boss. A safari operator is approached and he says he has such a buffalo with pix to back it up. The client wants the buffalo to be on a small enclosure where it will be easily found. Safari operator says he can provide that also. Client asks if he can shoot from the truck. No problem there either. Client wants to be close to the buffalo to make sure the shot is good. Safari operator says he can drive right up to the bull as they will put out a big pile of feed for the bull and he will be there. Client doesn't really want to follow up the buffalo. Again there is no problem. This hunt did not come about but it certainly could have as all the pieces were in place.

folks might think this is unethical hunting but to my mind it is not hunting at all. The client wanted a particular specimen for his wall and was willing to buy it. The safari operator owned the buffalo and was willing to sell it. Everybody was happy.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Folks,

I know not all RSA buffalo hunts are like this and I market some that are definitely fair chase but let me give an extreme example of what an RSA buffalo hunt can be. This does not reflect on the hunt being discussed as I have no knowledge of how it will be conducted. I do think this will be of interest to some as it is a true story.

A client has a specific size requirement for a buffalo and wants to be guaranteed that the buffalo be X wide with a particular horn confirmation and a large boss. A safari operator is approached and he says he has such a buffalo with pix to back it up. The client wants the buffalo to be on a small enclosure where it will be easily found. Safari operator says he can provide that also. Client asks if he can shoot from the truck. No problem there either. Client wants to be close to the buffalo to make sure the shot is good. Safari operator says he can drive right up to the bull as they will put out a big pile of feed for the bull and he will be there. Client doesn't really want to follow up the buffalo. Again there is no problem. This hunt did not come about but it certainly could have as all the pieces were in place.

folks might think this is unethical hunting but to my mind it is not hunting at all. The client wanted a particular specimen for his wall and was willing to buy it. The safari operator owned the buffalo and was willing to sell it. Everybody was happy.

Mark

This is called the wife's shopping list from the supermarket!

With as much fun rotflmo

No self respecting hunter would give this a second look.

Come to think of it, no hunter with any self respect would allow some so called professional hunter who is too impressed by his own self importance to shoot his buffalo! rotflmo