New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant Bull in Mozambique
 Login/Join

posted
Hi guys,

I’m offering with my partner an opportunity for elephant bull (up to 60 pounds) in Mozambique.

Remember this is an exportable trophy but Americans can't import Mozambique ivory. The hunt is 1X1

Dates: July 1th of 2011 to November 30 th of 2011

Prices: 17.000$, include trophy and daily rate.

Success rate: 95%

Hunting area: Sofala Province

Duration: 14 days.
Professional: Rui Maia Telles

Airport: Beira. We can arrange the pick-up in Maputo. Best fly first Johannesburg and second to Beira.
Trophy: Bull elephant, average size 50-55 libras

The prices include:

Pick up and drop to the airport, daily rate and trophy fee, all transport, guides, first preparation of the trophy…

Extra cost: Observers 150 € per day
Crating: 250 $
Licences: 300$
CITES: 200$
Firearm import: 200$
VISA: 50$
This hunting it can combine with the other species:
Hippo 2.300$
Croc 2.300$

Alejandro Romero Turégano
Cell:00258823063838
Mail: alejandro.romero@transitex.es

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Missing the hunting area and outfitter / concession name

Thanks

Posts: 395 | Location: Mozambique | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Nice price on ellie. Damn the USF&G and their stance on Moz Ivory!

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Just curious, if a hunter from the US shoots the ele. what becomes of the ivory?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys01:
Just curious, if a hunter from the US shoots the ele. what becomes of the ivory?

Larry01

This would be a illegal hunt and NO you can't sell the ivory to cover your Bail and legal expenses!

I guess you knew this Wink

Cheers

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Just wondered what they do with the Ivory? Confused

one of us
posted Hide Post
I stand to be corrected......

I think freischuetz is saying it would be illegal because as a US citizen (Unless residency is outside of the US), you would not be able to apply for a CITES permit necessary to acquire the hunting permit???

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
I stand to be corrected......

I think freischuetz is saying it would be illegal because as a US citizen (Unless residency is outside of the US), you would not be able to apply for a CITES permit necessary to acquire the hunting permit???

No you just don't get a permit for a illegal hunt nor a hunting permit nor a cites permit if you from the US or not it doesn't matter .
There is just no quota for this area nor is it a licensed hunting area.

edited for clarity

Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
freischuetz,

Are you saying that the Americans that have shot elephants in Mozambique in recent years have been on illegal hunts even if they leave the ivory in Mozambique? I wonder if Jack Brittingham knows that the big bull he arrowed there on video was on an illegal hunt?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
freischuetz,

Are you saying that the Americans that have shot elephants in Mozambique in recent years have been on illegal hunts even if they leave the ivory in Mozambique? I wonder if Jack Brittingham knows that the big bull he arrowed there on video was on an illegal hunt?

Mark

No Mark this hunt offer is for a illegal hunt (no Quota not licensed hunting area)

There is no problem hunting Elephant in Mozambique for US Hunters or other nationals but you have to hunt in a legal hunting area with an legal licensed outfit and a legal quota i guess that is the same for all of Africa.

USFW will not permit the importation of any part of it in to the USA but got no problem if you wish hunt a legal elephant in Mozambique and leave the trophy behind or ship to Canada , Mexico etc.

Without any official allocated quota from the government you will not get a cites export permit to any country!

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
freischuetz,

Mark

Mark,

I don't think that's what he meant...... I think he means that the area offered doesn't have any quota.... I could of course be wrong but that's how it reads to me.

Regarding the US/Moz ivory issue: Moz has perfectly legitimate CITES quota but the USF&WS refuse to allow any ivory or elephant products to be imported from that country on the excuse they don't believe the country has a properly organised management programme..... the fact that they do and in fact, it's considerably better than some other nearby countries seems to be neither here nor there.

Far be it from me to suggest USF&WS is behaving like a pissed off ex-wife because of something that happened decades ago but it has been suggested their refusal stems from an attempt to move some (allegedly) dodgy ivory about the time the ban came in but that been suggested. animal

If an American shot an elephant as part of a legitimate hunt with a legitimate operator in Moz, he'd not be breaking any game laws and therefore wouldn't be in breach of the LA, however, if he shot one in an area with no quota, he would be in breach of the LA for the obvious reason.

But I'm sure you know that...... Sorry to state the obvious! Wink

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
quote:
breach of the LA

What does LA stand for?

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Sorry. Lacey Act which means if you (as a US citizen) break any game law, anywhere in the world, you can be prosecuted when you get home and penalties can be extremely severe.

one of us
posted Hide Post
freischuetz,

I was hoping you would come out an clarify. Thanks! I also did note that some prime info was left out of the ad. Mokore Safaris is the only operator I have in Mozambique that is acticely hunting elephant and I thought it was very clear that Americans could hunt elephant with them but just could not import the ivory.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote