New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leopard with Johnny duPlooy '23
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Johnny has a leopard/hippo/croc safari available for this year in the Chisomo GMA in Zambia.

Results of last month safari with Johnny in Chisomo. CROC is 15' and leopard very nice!

Chisomo was a depleted area and they are just now starting to hunt it as game numbers have rebounded nicely. It also means in the seasons that it set fallow with no hunting the leopards became even more unsophisticated and the crocs and hippo just grew bigger.

There are also some big elephant there. If you find one you like you can take it for an upgrade payment once the elephant is in the salt.

The pix attached show the results of last month's safari with Johnny in Chisomo. Great leopard and the croc was a shade over 15'.

Pricing:

1X1 14 DAYS $30,400 to incl. daily fees, concession fee, licensure and dip/pack

Upgrade if elephant if taken or wounded and lost $35,000

Trophy fees:

Leopard $8,500
Hippo $3,750
Croc $3,500

Road transfer Lusaka-Chisomo return $800
Charter each way $2,360

These Zambian daylight leopard hunts are perhaps the best and easiest in Africa. You'll only need to do this once if you do your part.

Call me!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, Mark. I will be hunting Ele in Chisomo in early August. I've heard a lot of great things about that concession.

Posts: 1790 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark

ANY WORD on the status of the Prime blocks in Zambia?

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jay,

Are you sure you wouldn't like to put out some leopard baits while in Chisomo?

Safari 2

The Zambian tender is still a mess. Court case comes up in August. Maybe a resolution after that. I've heard so many different dates as to when this will be sorted that my head is spinning.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jay,

Mark, is Chisomo known for big cats?

Posts: 1790 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanajay:
quote:
Jay,

Like Mark said earlier ...Chisomo had been poached out. Sounds like it has made somewhat of a comeback with regards to leopard and elephant? Dont know about buffalo and lion.

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like Mark said earlier ...Chisomo had been poached out. Sounds like it has made somewhat of a comeback with regards to leopard and elephant? Dont know about buffalo and lion.

I've heard good things about the Elephant population rebounding in Chisomo. I'll find out soon enough about leopard and Ele.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jay,

I think the cat pictured in my ad is pretty much the norm. I think Zambia on average does not produce those out sized cats that pop up in the lowveld of Zim but a 7'-7.5'Tom can be had there. The slightly smaller size of the cats is far out weighed by the ease of getting them on bait in daylight.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
quote:
quote:
Jay,

I enquired about this leopard but Buffalo are very scarce. Leopard are plenty in the Valley. Some big elephant were taken just up the river so no worries there.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jay,

I think the cat pictured in my ad is pretty much the norm. I think Zambia on average does not produce those out sized cats that pop up in the lowveld of Zim but a 7'-7.5'Tom can be had there. The slightly smaller size of the cats is far out weighed by the ease of getting them on bait in daylight.

Thanks Mark!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I enquired about this leopard but Buffalo are very scarce. Leopard are plenty in the Valley. Some big elephant were taken just up the river so no worries there.

Thanks Andrew!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thanks Andrew!

If Andrew is referring to Sandwe GMA, YES it is producung elephant!