Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
romania is great country to hunt,lots of big bears ,elks ,wild boars wolfs etc,

Posts: 139 | Location: Canada | Registered: 08 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
It's not necessarily tradition, it's a business model, but if you start offering hunts to Americans, tweaking your business model to shore up business is a sound and smart policy.
Business is business and the way to get more customers is to make them more comfortable with the way they spend their money.
I'd love to hunt Romania, but paying extra for every few cm/kg when you can go way over your budget is not good business for me.
I think transparency ( exact amounts ) makes hunters lot more relaxed and willing to spend money. It's the same for everyone even people in Europe that offer these hunts.
Business is simply two parties coming to mutual agreement and not " HERE IT IS AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, TOUGH "

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why dont you AR rocket surgeons look at it this way - The 'package cost' is the sum of the day rate plus the maximum trophy fee. If the stag you shoot is smaller - you get a DISCOUNT. How freakin' hard is that to understand?

I don't always agree with your posts, but that is a great reply!

Posts: 2641 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
It's not necessarily tradition, it's a business model, but if you start offering hunts to Americans, tweaking your business model to shore up business is a sound and smart policy.
Business is business and the way to get more customers is to make them more comfortable with the way they spend their money.
I'd love to hunt Romania, but paying extra for every few cm/kg when you can go way over your budget is not good business for me.
I think transparency ( exact amounts ) makes hunters lot more relaxed and willing to spend money. It's the same for everyone even people in Europe that offer these hunts.
Business is simply two parties coming to mutual agreement and not " HERE IT IS AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, TOUGH "
It HAS been the tradition for a very long time. Sure they will (might) change their offers to accommodate different hunters, if they need the extra work. All I am suggesting is to cut the guy a bit of slack...

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:

I don't always agree with your posts, but that is a great reply!
Thanks Jason. It would be dissapointing if you did agree with all my posts!! Smiler

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Jason. It would be dissapointing if you did agree with all my posts!!

Likewise!

Heck, my wife only agrees with me about 10% of the time Roll Eyes

Posts: 2641 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Matt - 'Can't say I've always agreed with your posts, but I'm with you on this one.

This is a gentleman in Romania, trying to make a living, and has followed all the rules of posting in this category, as far as I can tell. Let the free market work!

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I agree with everything said gents, I'm from that part of the world, but still tradition My ass. People charge for what they can get away with. It's like that everywhere in the world. Nothing wrong with it. Nothing wrong with criticizing that either.
It's simply capitalism and I don't have to agree.
Every country there has different business model.
I see nothing wrong to say how I see it.
When it comes to hunting, there is only so much anyone can estimate in woods
I can see two prices for trophies but not Miriads of them.

That being said, Romania has the best wderness hunting on the continent and one of the best trophy potential there is for red stags especially, NZ be damned.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:

Every country there has different business model.
I see nothing wrong to say how I see it.
When it comes to hunting, there is only so much anyone can estimate in woods
I can see two prices for trophies but not Miriads of them.
You have intimate knowledge of the conservation program in this hunting area do you? That is the only way you could make such judgements.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Yes I do Matt.
Like I said, simply put, if I can weight them, but not when I hunt in thick forest and not even guide know how much they weight or the length. I can see couple of price, then you can be close to estimate, but not precise scale.
That's not hunting.
Some people might be OK with it, but not most of us.
Again, if they get what they ask for, more power to them.
The people that hunt and pay like that are collectors, not hunters.

“ Hávamál”