THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    NAMIBIA - Kalahari / Karas Special Offers for 2011
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NAMIBIA - Kalahari / Karas Special Offers for 2011
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

It's been about a year since I last put a thread like this up. All the good intentions were there to be more active on AR, but alas!

(Last year's thread )

A few guys had already booked hunts for 2010 and hoped KHS offers would be available again. Glad to report we have some great offers for 2011 hunting season so without further ado, here we go!

Kalahari Hunting Safaris operates in the southeast and central (Khomas Hochland) areas of Namibia and have in excess of 100 000 acres of pristine terrain available to hunt quality specimens of various plains game.
The hosts, co-owners and licensed PH's are Johan Kotze, Deon van Wyk and Jean van Rooyen. Mabel Kotze is the hostess and is renowned for her excellent cooking. Hendrik Kotze, Johan's son, and Louw van Wyk (myself), Deon's son are also licensed PH's.

The following offers are available from right now until end Nov:

KALAHARI / KARAS SPECIAL No. 1 (single) US$5800.00
15 Animals: 1 hunter, 1 Professional Hunter - 6 days
1 Kudus(Trophy), 6 Gemsbok (2 Trophies), 5 Springbok ( 2 Trophys), 3 Blesbok (1 Trophy).
Non-Hunter US$175.00 per day

KALAHARI / KARAS SPECIAL No. 2 (shared) US$3500.00 each
22 Animals: 2 hunters, 1 Professional Hunter (11 Animals each) - 6 days
1 Kudu(Trophy), 3 Gemsbok(1 Trophy), 4 Springbok (1 Trophy), 3 Blesbok (1 Trophy) for each Hunter.
Non-Hunter US$175.00 per day.

Extra days and selected other species available at list price, please contact for more details.

INCLUDED - License and trophy fees
- Services of a Professional Hunter, tracker, support staff and a 4x4 hunting vehicle
- Lodging, meals and daily laundry service
- Refreshments, local beer and wine in moderation
- Return transfer from relevant airport (preferably Upington, South Africa but Hosea Kotako Int, Winhoek, Namibia too) to camp
- Field preparation of trophies
NOT INCLUDED - Airfares and travel expenses prior to and after your hunt date
- Dip, pack & crate
- Trophy fees on additional animals taken,
- Shipping trophies to the U.S.
- Taxidermy

Again, that's the short & dirty version, please contact johma@iway.na for more info, any queries or to make your booking!

KHS had a representative at the Pacific Northwest Sportsman's show in Portland, OR from 9-13 Feb and the offers above were also showcased there.
We have a flyer available in picture format - should I post that here (and is it allowed) or would it be preferable to send as requested?

Thanks, and good hunting!
Louw van Wyk

KALAHARI HUNTING SAFARIS
P.O. Box 139, Aroab, NAMIBIA
Tel / Fax +264 63 683 211
E-mail johma@iway.na
K H S Website

Posts: 14 | Location: Namibia, Africa | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Other news from this neck of the woods (and most of the Southern hemisphere, for that matter!) is that we've had excellent rainfall with even more forecasted.
You might have seen reports about floods on the news so not all that good, but in Namibia the ranchers and outfitters are smiling ear to ear.

It's lush and green all over like you wouldn't believe. The next few months will be a great time to visit and see our desert country decked out in green!

...Just remember to pack the allergy med's if you get hayfever like me! Smiler

Another thing I'd like to share is that I visited the States in Sept/Oct 2010 - - - AMAZING experience! Not my first time overseas but my first time in the US.

A big thank you to Tapper2 whom I went to visit and his friend ( also 'accomplice' & 'buddy in arms'! Big Grin ) larrys01. They were the folks I had met before during numerous hunts with KHS and they sure were generous & showed me a good time. Had a splendid time and enjoyed the heck out of it! Mostly I was in Iowa but Tapper2 took me up to their cabin on Rainy Lake in Canada for some fishing. Tell you what, if there's a fishing thread on here and I have time one day, I'll post about catching a 48" Northern with even hooking it! Awesome! jumping
I got to see & shoot some previously unknown calibers at the best range ever. Also went to Cabelas and got some gadgets & supplies...after recollecting my jaw from the floor. Met some great folks and just very grateful I had the opportunity.
Would love to go back one day and see some more of your great country - all in good time.

Gotta run - I'll be out of town for the weekend so I'll check in on Monday again. Cheers!

Posts: 14 | Location: Namibia, Africa | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great deal. Good luck.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
@DSC Member - thanks & hope we can get a few new faces to come and hunt with KHS.

I wanted to post the flyers from Portland's show but they're a little too small which makes it hard to read. If anyone wants to see those, just PM or email and I'll send it along.