THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Great deal on a early season trophy Cape buffalo in the Caprivi of Namibia
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great deal on a early season trophy Cape buffalo in the Caprivi of Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted
As the title imply, this hunt must be taken between February and June 2023. February and March are still in the rainy season, so may be a bit wet, but April and May should be better if you prefer less rain. The bush and grass will be thick, and the shooting distance will be less than 30 yards. You will likely shoot a buffalo at very short range. This is my personal favourite time to hunt them as a double rifle with open sights works so well.

This is a tracking hunt, in mopane bushveld, so you should be at least fit enough to walk 5 miles a day. (NOT to be confused with the Eastern Caprivi floodplains hunts…)
We will target older rather than young wider bulls, but the average spread should be in the 38-inch class. A few plains game animals, like kudu (2750), zebra (1500), and warthog (500) will also be available. I also still have one roan (9000) left in this area, it will just require an extra 5 days added on at plains game rates ( 500/ day)

This area has a close to 100% success rate on buffalo. This hunt is a 7-day hunt, with a travel day on each end, so a total of 9 days.

Due to the short notice of this hunt (MUST be done before mid-June this year, or alternatively the last week of November), we are offering this full hunt (all dayfees and one Cape buffalo trophy) at US$ 16 500.
We will also include either a free observer OR a free zebra trophy. (This hunt normally sells at USD 21 450, so this is one hell of a deal for a true dagga boy in one of the best conservancies in the Caprivi).
No charters are needed, as there are daily commercial flights to Kasane (4 hour drive away) or 3 times per week to Katima Mulilo (1 hour away)

A 50% deposit (or USD 8 250) secures you a date, the rest can be paid after the successful hunt.

Either myself (Karl Stumpfe), or one of a few freelance PH's that knows the area, will guide this hunt, depending on the specific date.
Ndumo Safaris, who is also the outfitter on this hunt, will also be at the SCI convention in Nashville (booth 2335) if you prefer to discuss face-to-face. I have 2 buffalo hunts left at this price.
I will be available on Whatsapp (+264811285416) and either me or Colleen will check our emails daily. (admin@huntingsafaris.net). If you prefer me to call you, let me know. (My US no. is 469 588 6707, but will only be active again about a week before the SCI convention.)
Just to show you guys how much fun it can be hunting in the early season in the Caprivi, I have also shared a YouTube link to a similar hunt from 2022.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbUEZs_R78E&t=555s

A few photos of the camp:

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Some buffalo shot in 2022

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
And some plains game:

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net