THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Cabin based or float trip AK peninsula Moose cancellation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabin based or float trip AK peninsula Moose cancellation
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted
Two MD hunters backed out of their moose hunt this coming Sept. 15-25 . One was booked on a float trip and the other from our private cabin along a river.
Both hunts are typically have a 100% success rate and factoring in the deposits already paid each hunt is now only $17,500

Considering most hunts on the peninsula of this quality are priced at $24,000, this is a fantastic deal for serious trophy hunters in one of the best exclusive federal guiding concessions.

Contact Phil Shoemaker 907-414-4570 or grizskins@gmail.com
Or Tia Shoemaker 907-469-0842 , Tia.shoemaker@gmail.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4203 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
A moose hunt on the Alaska Peninsula is a special experience, one I highly recommend. You'll see a lot of game (moose, brown bears, caribou, wolves) in one of the wildest places on the planet. Big moose out there!

Phil, I'm guessing a float trip would be interesting with the bears on the streams then. That'd be neat to round a bend and see a big brownie fishing.

Posts: 3905 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I hadn't promised to take MsAZW back to Scotland in October I would be all over this one.

Sure, there are less expensive hunts, but when I look at my A-Y moose compared with my Canada moose, there is no comparison.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep sent a check out this morning

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made a mistake Gentelmen
This is 17,000 each person

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still a steal at $17.5k per person. Quality moose hunts are skyrocketing in price. I hunted with Phil a couple years ago and it was a great hunt. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Posts: 83 | Location: Stephenville, TX & Hamilton, MT | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
It looks like we have two hunters who are sending deposits this week and will post photos after their trip
Thanks

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

one of us
posted Hide Post
That will be an awesome hunt

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
They usually are. Unless it's raining like it is in AZ now

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
They usually are. Unless it's raining like it is in AZ now

Ha! I was just thinking about rain in AK when I went out for my run this morning. Dark and wet, just like Alaska, but a lot warmer.

Rain stopped. Bummer.