Find
Notify
Tools

Desert Bighorn Sheep,Sonora, Mexico
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted
Ladies and gentleman, I am offering the hunt for desert bighorn sheep in Sonora, Mexico, I have two available permits for this 2015-2016 season (November 6, 2015- March 20, 2016), dates can be set for any date before season closes.

The sheep are found inside a high fenced reserve located on low fence cattle ranch about 1 hour north of Hermosillo, the reserve is 600 acres and it is surrounds a large mountainous area. Clients will be staying in a very pretty, large and comfortable ranch house with all the commodities that could be expected. To reach the ranch, only a short 1 hour drive is required from Hermosillo.

The hunt includes
- 6 hunting days (without counting your arrival and departure days)
- All meals ( including arrival and departure days)
- Snacks
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Guiding
- Gun import permit
- Full use of the installations
- Transportation from Hermosillo airport to the ranch and from the ranch to the airport
- 1 Trophy Bighorn Sheep
- Basic trophy preparation

Not included
- Airfares
- Gratuities
- Taxidermy
- Any import permit required for you to take your trophy into your country
- Hotels before or after the set dates

I would be accompanying any hunter through their hunt and personally drive them from the airport to the ranch and backwards.Upon I arrival I would be happy to treat any client to a lunch, dinner of breakfast ( depending on arrival time) on one of our fine restaurants on my own expense.

Total price of the hunt is $35,000

A few of our rams

Trophy expectations can go from 165 to 180 points but bigger are shot, the biggest shot last year was 186 points

Some of the rams of the pictures are estimated to be around 180

Facilities

View from the ranch house

For any question PM me or send me an email
93manuelenrique@gmail.com
my cell phone is

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Amazing sheep pics. To be so massive at only 3/4 curl is really something.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Manuel - some really great sheep pics for sure. It's probably the norm that really big Desert Bighorns will be broomed off well below the full curl configuration in lots of cases.

I can assure you that Mr. Maldonado will provide everything he says he will and most likely a lot more. I have hunted with him and he will make sure you have an outstanding hunt. Getting to Hermosillo is very easy and Manuel will have all necessary gun paperwork in the system well before you arrive. If anyone would like more info from me, send me a PM and I will be glad to discuss this operation and answer any questions.

Good luck Manuel with your sheep hunts, someone is in for a really fantastic adventure for sure.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
R8 Blaser

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Manuel - some really great sheep pics for sure. It's probably the norm that really big Desert Bighorns will be broomed off well below the full curl configuration in lots of cases.

I can assure you that Mr. Maldonado will provide everything he says he will and most likely a lot more. I have hunted with him and he will make sure you have an outstanding hunt. Getting to Hermosillo is very easy and Manuel will have all necessary gun paperwork in the system well before you arrive. If anyone would like more info from me, send me a PM and I will be glad to discuss this operation and answer any questions.

Good luck Manuel with your sheep hunts, someone is in for a really fantastic adventure for sure.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
R8 Blaser

Thanks for the kind words Larry, they are really appreciated, I still have a coues deer with your name on it Wink

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote