New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wildboar hunt Turkey
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is a hunt for Eurasian wildboar. It is an exiting stalking hunt over bait stations at night (which is allowed and legal). In a night you will visit a number of these bait stations and quietly stalk in.

6 night stay - 5 nights hunting $1,800

Includes:
----------
Board and lodging
Gun permit
Hunting license
Ground transfers
1x1 guiding

Not included:
-------------
Trophy fees
Hotel extras
Observer $300/day
Alcoholic drinks
Sight seeing
Trophy preparation, packing and shipping to final destination

Trophy Fees based on the length of the longer tusk
---------------------------------------------------
15 to 17.9 cms $600
18 to 19.9 cms $900
20 to 21.9 cms $1,200
22 to 23.9 cms $1,600
24 to 25.9 cms $2,000
26 to 27.9 cms $2,500
28 to 29.9 cms $ 3,000
30 cms + $3,600

Female and young $300

Wounded and lost $600
Missed shot $250 [Let me explain why! It takes a lot of time, effort and money to prepare each bait station. Once shots have been fired the boar don't come in there for a few days so you can imagine what a bad shot can end up costing the outfitter in the course of a few days!].
Gun rental $100/day

Hunters fly to Istanbul or directly to Antalya. The season is year around.

Thanks for your interest.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

Posts: 2537 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Sounds great & I really want a proper Euro type boar & Turkey was on the list !

Now I have guided on Boars for years & shot hundreds myself, sitting in a blind on a bait & watching a boar eat you might maybe get a look at tusk length, I wouldn't want to be judging that if there was a possible extra $2000 for 7 cm tusk length, some of which could be in the jaw, with a extra long root ?

We also sneak in on bait stations, that's even worse as you just shoot the largest boar there & cross your fingers !

Is this done with Spot light, Night Vision or Thermal ?

Thank you.

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sarg, As you said its impossible to tell the exact size of the tusk, especially when judging in cms. So with wildboar its whatever you end up with. That's the system in Turkey and other parts of Europe as well. All the European hunters are happy to hunt that way. For driven hunts some drives are based on wild boar size [male, female, young] shot regardless of the tusk size.

Posts: 2537 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Oh, thank you for that, so take or have enough funds in case one of your Boars is 26cm - 30cm
I suppose 30cm (near 12in) you would just about notice & be pleased to pay as that is friggen huge lol

I haven't hunted in Europe other than Greenland so not up on the procedure.

Again how is the hunt done or what is used, Spotlight - NV or Thermal ?

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stalking in the moonlight.

One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Excellent, Thank you for the reply !

One of Us
Picture of Kanec
posted Hide Post
Let me put a bit of my experience hunting in Turkey
Great country and lots of pigs…But, night hunting only with just moonlight is preposterous as weather permitting you’d be crazy to count on just that.
Simply, it’s done by NV to Thermal as simple as that and gun by law can be used only your own as loaner guns are technically prohibited by law so client might run into a trouble so please be aware and ask more questions on that.
Another thing to beware is, game department will have their own bureaucrat with you all time hunting and if there is two or three of you, it will be 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 crammed in small pickup so and your agent for Turkey should make potential client be aware of it so again, technically and literally is paid from your money you pay the hunting company
Meat is not utilized, it is left to rot on bait site and that at times ruins site for days because it will attract bears and wolves thus…
Bottom line, it’s not EU or US but it’s beautiful country and great hunting with its own challenges

Posts: 201 | Location: Heart of Europe where East meets the West | Registered: 19 January 2023Reply With Quote