THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    July Grizzly Bear hunt alaska UPDATED NEW OFFER!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

July Grizzly Bear hunt alaska UPDATED NEW OFFER!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
NEW PRICE AND NEW HUNT TO OFFER!!
Trying to get my last hunts of the season booked up before i start work next month!
i have
July 8-16 grizzly bear hunt open on a salmon stream in remote alaska.
Normal Cost is $12,000 DISCOUNTED PRICE $6500
I do all my own guiding, we'd fly into a ridge top and hike down to the river (2 miles) with our tents and gear and camp right on the river. Watching for bears and flyfishing for rainbow trout, dolly varden and grayling. Once we are done hunting, we hike down stream a little ways to my raft that is stashed there, and take a nice float trip out 23 miles of mild whitewater to the vehichle.
Took a 8'9" grizz last year from the tent door on day 5 at 70 yards. This is about a 95% success rate on this hunt. Close cover, hunting a river valley, some king salmon will be moving in the river and the bears are doing alot of traveling up and down the river looking to feed.
These are summer bears, hides are not as good as spring or fall, hence the reduced price. Great chance to kill a bear and have a riot doing something awesome in the middle of the summer!
Jake Jefferson
7362 W. Parks Hwy #381
Wasilla, AK 99654
www.blackriverhunting.com
907-892-4544

last years bear from this hunt.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
some other july bear hunting pictures...

Master guide #212

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this has to be the lowest griz price i've seen in years

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
some folks are hurtin' in the hunting piggy bank, i need clients, they need to hunt. i'm not ignornant, but i am flexable! i understand mid summer bears aren't the most desirable but i do also understand some guys only have certian times they can take off work and the adventure is more important than hair quaility.

Master guide #212

one of us
posted Hide Post
looks like a very very good deal. Ther'are many mosquitos in july?

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ther'are many mosquitos in july?

jumping rotflmo hilbily animal jumping
just enough to keep the f16's at bay

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no skeeters on this river, almost no standing water for them and theres usually a little breeze down the river. never had a problem with them on the river. some up on top when we first land though.

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent...

Posts: 123 | Location: Vero Beach, FL | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Kind of a rhetorical question here Jake, How much for just the 25 mile float down the river?

Fishing along the way, Camping, wildlife.

That Rainbow fishing could be a blast.

Thanks for your time and e-mails involving that previous spring grizz hunt.. Ken

One of Us
posted Hide Post
kenneth, you kinda hit it, this trip is a raft trip fishing trip camping trip and hunting trip all rolled into one ball..just summarize it as an adventure!
a raft trip like this thru a raft company i think is close to 2000.

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This hunt is still open...couple guys checking with wives, but this year wife permission seems to be at an all time low! Smiler

Thanks to everyones interest in my trips i've listed here on AR, it appears as i've missed a few questions and haven't gotten back with a few folks at timely and promtly as would have liked. Please bear with me in responding and getting all the questions answered.

Master guide #212

Picture of John Pomazi
posted Hide Post
Did you really say "Please bear with me..." You're too much sometimes!

Posts: 19 | Location: Sandy, Oregon | Registered: 26 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
at least i didn't say "please bare with me!" Smiler

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
need to get this hunt out the door. wife permission has fallen thru on the guys checking it out i guess. or the phones all broke..not sure which! Smiler

either way this july hunt is still available, GREAT CHANCE FOR A ARCHERY HUNTER to pull off a grizz on this deal!

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cannot believe this hunt is still around
I guess I need to start the payment plan
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dropped another hunt into this thread just to really get things rolling and reduced the price!!

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Elk
The Blue light is ON !!!

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I'll work on a couple people. No promises!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i can't believe this is still around, if i wasn't up there salmon fishing then I'd go in a flash, chit people a salmon fishing trip costs about this much, and you get the bonus of a griz.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the august 2-9 hunt has been sold.

Master guide #212

one of us
posted Hide Post
How great is this, man, this is the kind of thing that irritates the hell out of me when I write 1100-1400 checks for childcare. half a year not doing that I could be hunting bears! Big Grin

out of curiosity, considering the fur isn't the same, do guys ever have their bear hides tanned into leather? I've never heard of bear leather used for anything.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both hunts have been sold. hope to post some follow up pics on here in a few months! thanks to everyone for their interest and emails!

for leather, probably want an early spring late fall bear when the leather is a bit thicker, late spring, summer, early fall leather is pretty thin sometimes. bears don't have hide like a deer or moose, its thin stuff.

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love to see 'em

but for a hernia and a sprained ankle..........
hell I'm fallin' apart.

Oh well be sure and post a bunch of pix somewhere.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote