New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Eastern Cape Special
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am the US Agent for Kei River Hunting Safaris owned by Andrew Renton. The price quoted here includes all taxes, food, lodging, guide fees, area transfers,drinks, catering, laundry/maid services etc.

Not Included: Airfares from US to East London, RSA, taxidermy fees, shipping fees, airport meet and greet in Jo-berg, tips or excess baggage fees, non-hunting guests.

HUNT SPECIAL 2019 Eastern Cape 7 Days 1x1
1 kudu bull
1 oryx or blue wildebeest
1 impala
1 blesbuck
1 springbuck
1 warthog

All inclusive $4450- price reduction $4295
Non-hunter $100 per day

I am happy to supply references

Cross Hair Consulting
www.crosshairconsulting.com
925-679-9232 (Office)
925-437-8644 (Mobile)
Facebook: Crosshair Consulting
Email: wade@crosshairconsulting.com

Posts: 633 | Location: California | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
That's a heck of deal. Those are like 2001 prices.

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10135 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
..... and a great Outfitter too!

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 364 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a really nice opportunity for people wanting to had over there. Good to hear from you Mike D. Thanks again Will!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took this hunt through Wade last year. It was outstanding. Trophy quality was incredible, accommodations excellent, PHs great as well. It was my 5th trip to Africa and I could not have been more pleased. I recommend the trip.

Posts: 129 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 15 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
My wife and I hunted with Kei River Safaris via Wade Derby back in

Take my advise and book this hunt !!!

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Bushpigs available?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He does have some set ups for Bushpigs. He has had some solid success for them, except when I seem to be there. Let me know how I might help?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Highly recommend both the booking agent and the outfitter. Wade, is rifle rental available if one didn't want to travel with firearms?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mike, and yes there are rifles for hire if that is your preference.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please note that there has been a price reduction to 4295 on this package as of today

One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wade Derby:
Please note that there has been a price reduction to 4295 on this package as of today

A great deal just got better!

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 364 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Wade, Thank you for posting the good hunt prices. It sounds very good.

Please tell me:
1. What is the maximum number of hunting parties in camp at one time?

2. How far is the hunting area from the accommodations/camp?

3. How big is the hunting area? Is it all together or do you have to get out on the high way and drive from pasture to pasture, like you do with many places in the Karoo.

I have hunted in the Eastern Cape before and spent too many hours in a vehicle on the highway going from one hunting area to the next.

Thanks for your info, Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3406 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian thanks for your questions I'm on the road right now so the best way to answer some of these would be by phone. My cell is nine 925-437-8644. I will also ask Andrew to provide commentary to assist.

One of Us
Picture of ANDREW RENTON
posted Hide Post
Bushpigs available boarkiller, hell yes , that is something we are super excited about,i start baiting for you 3-4 weeks prior to arrival, the longer we get the pigs on bait the cleverer they get , or we can hunt them with hounds , non selective , let me know what we can do to make this happpen

Posts: 51 | Location: eastern cape,south africa | Registered: 17 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ANDREW RENTON
posted Hide Post
Brian
the hunting gets done on the property, i think its only fair and honest to say that we have a quota on species for the season , if the quality starts to drop we have 2 other hunting areas within 15 minutes , if you are here in April to July you will be on the lodge property for all the package species .
the property is 12000 acres,
i can accommodate 10 hunters hunting 2 on 1 but ideal for me is 4 hunters hunting 1 on 1 .
please let me know if i can help in any other way

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Canada:
Hello Wade, Thank you for posting the good hunt prices. It sounds very good.

Please tell me:
1. What is the maximum number of hunting parties in camp at one time?

2. How far is the hunting area from the accommodations/camp?

3. How big is the hunting area? Is it all together or do you have to get out on the high way and drive from pasture to pasture, like you do with many places in the Karoo.

I have hunted in the Eastern Cape before and spent too many hours in a vehicle on the highway going from one hunting area to the next.

Thanks for your info, Brian

Posts: 51 | Location: eastern cape,south africa | Registered: 17 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Wade, Sounds good. Maybe you could email me at wbriangallup@gmail.com
I emailed Kei River Hunting Safaris but the email would not go through.
Thanks, Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3406 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
wbriangallup@gmail.com

Brian, I sent you an email and copied Andrew as well.

One of Us
Picture of ANDREW RENTON
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brian
Andrew@keiriverhuntingsafaris.co.za
quote:
Originally posted by Wade Derby:
quote:
wbriangallup@gmail.com

Brian, I sent you an email and copied Andrew as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks like a beautiful area.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have couple additional packages for 2019 here if anyone still has an interest. Thank you!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I commented on this package earlier, but I feel the need to do it again. I took this package with my son for a high school graduation present in 2017. It was my 5th trip to RSA - and not all of the trips were good. Wade was a great outfitter to work with and Kei River (PH Andrew Renton) provided an outstanding experience. I was a bit nervous of what I might be getting into because the price was so low, but everything was excellent: the properties hunted, the quality of game, the hunting experience, the camp, the food, and our PH Andy Renton. The only thing that kept me from going to hunt with Andy again in 2018 was college tuition, prep school tuition, my daughter's horse (costs about 6 safaris per year), etc. I can't wait to hunt with Andy again. If you want to go to hunt RSA, you can book this package with great confidence.

Posts: 129 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 15 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
^^^

Thanks for that.

I have complete confidence in both Wade and Andrew and what a great area of Africa to be in too - but I have been battling a flooded house down here for the past year.

Plus I have competition jumping horse for my daughter. Yeah she owes me some safaris one day . . Wink

I have still got to try to get to this Wade. Dang it.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Screamer of a deal. I’ve only heard good about both Wade and Andrew, but don’t know either.

TexKD, good luck to you. Up here, we are just now hearing that much of the devastation still lasts. I can’t imagine the rest of the country hears anything.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote