New
Find
Notify
Tools

DISCOUNTED LION HUNT - ZIMBABWE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Africa Hunting Safaris, Inc. has a discounted male lion/buffalo/plains game hunt available in the Deka Safari Area. This area is located approximately 2 hours from Victoria Falls and boarders on Hwange National Park. Because of the closure of lion hunting in Deka several years ago opportunity for a large black mane lion is very good.

Professional Hunter - Eleckson Ndlovu
Location - Deka Safari Area
18 days @ $1900 per day
Species available: Lion, $10,000
Buffalo, $3000
Giraffe, $1700
Hyena, $400
Kudu, $1000
Zebra, $1000
Other specis including elephant could be available during hunt period at normal price.
Hunt Period: October/November/December
Transport from Victoria Falls Airport, $350
Packing and Doc: $650
Government Tax: 4%
Observer Rate: $200

Contact Ron Oliver, Africa Hunting Safaris, Inc. Phone: 830-336-3345(24/7). Mailing address234 W. Bandera Road 310, Boerne, Texas 78006. E-mail: Africahs@aol.com Website: Africahs.com

RON OLIVER
830-336--3345
234 W. Bandera Rd 310
Boerne, TX 78006
www.Africahs@aol.com
www.Africahs.com

Posts: 76 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't mean to be a smart ass, but what part of this hunt is discounted?

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nothing that I can see!

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
At those prices, why wouldn't you just go to Tanzania instead?

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

It's only an ad. I find it interesting that an expensive hunt seems to offend people somehow. If you can't afford it don't buy it. I'd like to own a Mercedes someday but I can't afford it still I'm not bashing Mercedes because of the price.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12868 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
+1

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The ad said discounted. Pretty simple question. What's been discounted?

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've asked the same question a few times before on "discounted" offers. I drive a Mercedes an could well afford this offered lion hunt if I so chose but when someone offers a discount I want to see it...likewise when someone operates their business off another's web site I do not take them to be anything other than a leech.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

The hunt is significantly discounted but it's not my place to be telling you details about Ron's advertised hunt. Contact Ron if it is important to find out.

I guess 2th doc's comments were directed at me. I've had permission from Saeed to advertise here for several years and Adam Clements Safari Tracker that I'm a part of does have its own pretty significant website. A leech??? Gee Whiz!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12868 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
likewise when someone operates their business off another's web site I do not take them to be anything other than a leech.

So there should not be a hunt for sal section on thesse forums. Many people have found their dream hunts here. I don't think they were worried about who was a leach.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
This is one of my favorite forums on AR. I like reading the advertisements and even bought a hunt. I also love reading some of the dumbass comments.

It must be something about lions that brings out the worst in people.

Good luck selling this hunt and good luck to the hunter who buys it. I wish I could afford it this year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have narry a tiff with any of the dozens of outfitters or booking agents whom use this forum other than a very few whom bounce on every inquire via PMs to snare clients. I too have purchased hunts from leads found on this forum but am leery of any booking agent whom finds it appropriate to offer thru PM a trip other than theoriginal post...3 OK maybe 4 of them make that a habit.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2th doc:
...likewise when someone operates their business off another's web site I do not take them to be anything other than a leech.

Don't you think that is a bit over the top??

If you don't appreciate hunts offered this way (which a lot of us do, btw), why do you read the posts?

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mho read the post above yours...an no I do not consider it a bit over the top...you're welcome to your opine an I to mine.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have narry a tiff with any of the dozens of outfitters or booking agents whom use this forum other than a very few whom bounce on every inquire via PMs to snare clients. I too have purchased hunts from leads found on this forum but am leery of any booking agent whom finds it appropriate to offer thru PM a trip other than theoriginal post...3 OK maybe 4 of them make that a habit.

quote:
mho read the post above yours...an no I do not consider it a bit over the top...you're welcome to your opine an I to mine.

Quite apart from manners, mate, you really should work on your grammar.

Other than that, not sharing an opinion with you is not a problem to me. Though it is nice if discussions are kept civil.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I wouldn't be overly concerned about anything posted by the portly troll. Most people realize who he really is and have him on ignore. One of the kids at the school must have hidden his vomit cleaning sawdust, so he decided to make his wrath felt here on AR.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
It must be something about lions that brings out the worst in people.

tu2 tu2

100% correct, Mike!!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LION hunt is sold.....

Ron

RON OLIVER
830-336--3345
234 W. Bandera Rd 310
Boerne, TX 78006
www.Africahs@aol.com
www.Africahs.com

Posts: 76 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
LION hunt is sold.....

Ron

Excellent. Please keep us informed of how the hunt goes. I always like to see reports on shumba hunts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Guys,

It's only an ad. I find it interesting that an expensive hunt seems to offend people somehow. If you can't afford it don't buy it. I'd like to own a Mercedes someday but I can't afford it still I'm not bashing Mercedes because of the price.

Mark

I agree 100% Mark

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you know I love this site, great info here and a great chance to get buyer and seller together. On the other hand sure is a lot of Drama.

Now Ladies lets be civil! If you don't like the shoes or the price of the shoes just put em back on the shelf with out negative comments. OK? it just works out better that way.

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1226 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now Ladies lets be civil! If you don't like the shoes or the price of the shoes just put em back on the shelf with out negative comments.

how true animal

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
I'd like to own a Mercedes someday but I can't afford it still I'm not bashing Mercedes because of the price.

But that is not the case here. This is a case of Mercedes advertising a "discount" but then pricing the vehicle at the level of a Bentley. Oh...and also doing it at a time when the economy is in the tank and bargains are to be had on BMWs left and right. I am glad the hunt sold, but am also quite surprised and more than a little suspicious.

I personally recall many outfitters at the beginning of the financial crisis puffing out their chests and saying "Oh, no...we are booked years in advance, no discounts to be had." and then weeks or months later offering big discounts with their tails tucked between their legs. Like it or not, we are still in that economic reality and outfitters who try to buck the tiger and claim "all is well" or even try to price their hunts at a premium like above will absolutely be left with unsold hunts. Some might get lucky, but most won't.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is a case of Mercedes advertising a "discount" but then pricing the vehicle at the level of a Bentley.

bsflag

Maybe give undiscounted lion hunting prices a look. Many companies are charging in excess of 120K now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WHAT PART OF ITS SOLD DONT THE SOOTHSAYERS
UNDERSTAND
GIVE IT UP ALREADY.
I GUESS IF IT WAS DISCOUNTED ANOTHER GRAND THEY ALL WOULD HAVE SENT A CHECK
LARRY

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smarterthanu:
Maybe give undiscounted lion hunting prices a look. Many companies are charging in excess of 120K now.

In Zim? Really? I would like to see verification of this. If this were remotely true, Burkina Faso would be seeing a pretty hefty increase in its business I think.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
quote:
Originally posted by smarterthanu:

In Zim? Really? I would like to see verification of this. If this were remotely true, Burkina Faso would be seeing a pretty hefty increase in its business I think.

I know of a 2011 lion hunt in Zim that sold at SCI for $2500 per day x 21 days and $10,000 TF on the lion. So, that's $62,500 before in country travel, dip and pack, taxes, MARS, etc.

In 2011, a good lion in a good country for under $50,000 is a deal.

Also, on this offer, you have to remember that buffalo is included. Since buffalo can be a $12000 to $20000 hunt, you must factor in the value of the buff and add it to the value of the lion.

My $.02.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Never said it was Zim, but not long ago I saw a beautiful lion killed in Zim and posted here by Mark Young. The mane on that dude would beat most mains I see coming out of TZ these days. I know one TZ company that gets over 120K per lion hunt and I think their success rate is less than %25. I find it amusing that everyone here thinks Ron was out of touch with lion prices or what a "ZIm" lion is really worth and that hunt sold in less than a week.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately Will and STU are fairly accurate. Even lion hunts in Zim, at least the good ones, are going for a good price. In the past 12 days I have sold two Zimbabwe lion hunts, with deposits received, both for over $50k, plus trophy fees. The hunts are excellent, and honestly, worth the price. A $60k lion hunt in Zim, in a good area, is not out of line. Especially considering the good hunts in Zambia/Tanzania are $70k - $120k.

I'm guessing, but I'll bet the hunt offered here, was originally priced at close to $2,500.00 per day.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm guessing, but I'll bet the hunt offered here, was originally priced at close to $2,500.00 per day.

One of my clients that had been on three previous lion safaris in tanzania booked a zim lion hunt with one of Ron's outfits last year. It was not a cheep hunt and I believe on day four he whacked a dandy lion. He told me when he got back to the states that was the first male lion he had ever seen! On that same hunt later he ran into another even better lion while driving around. Ron doesn't pettle garbage and he has a great name in the business. Someone else knew that here and that's why this cat went as quick as it did.