THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Mule Deer and Coues in Mexico (An apology)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
DELETED.

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Few quick questions here...

1. How many years has Matt Woodward "outfitted" hunts in Sonora Mexico?

2. Where is the ranch located within the state of Sonora? I ask because of the transportation from Tucson

3. Why has the guy in the mule deer photo never heard of Matt Woodward. Hell, the booking agent that booked his hunt has never heard of Matt Woodward either.

Just curious

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
1. How many years has Matt Woodward "outfitted" hunts in Sonora Mexico?

2. Where is the ranch located within the state of Sonora? I ask because of the transportation from Tucson

3. Why has the guy in the mule deer photo never heard of Matt Woodward. Hell, the booking agent that booked his hunt has never heard of Matt Woodward either.

Well you've got my curiosity peaked now as well?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
popcorn

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:

Eeker popcorn shocker

One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
For posterity

quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Matt Woodward/ Borderland Adventures who I hunted elk with this last October is offering some excellent hunts for this coming Dec/Jan in Mexico.

Sonoran Mule Deer

7 Full days hunting, 1 travel day on each end (9 total days)
Hunt 40,000+ acres of the Sonoran Desert for Trophy Mule deer. Comfortable ranch house accommodations, Professional American Guides, great food, and big Sonoran Mule Deer. Bucks 170" plus. Dec 15, 2012 thru Jan 20, 2013. Spot and stalk hunting, no high rack hunting.

1x1 $12,000 per Hunter, all inclusive from Tucson, includes airport pick-up and all licensing and permits. Add a Coues Deer for a trophy fee of $3000

Sonoran Coues

5 Full days hunting, 1 travel day on each end of hunt (7 total days). 25,000+ acre Private Ranch, with ranch house accommodations, for trophy Coues Whitetail Deer. Bucks from 95"-115". Great meals, Professional American Guides, and Peak Rut dates. January 1-Feb 5, 2013. Spot and stalk hunting in rugged terrain.
1x1 $6500
or
2x1 $4250 per hunter, all-inclusive from Tucson, includes airport pick-up and all licensing and permits.

Contact me anytime with questions.

Mark

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Drummond,

I'm going to have Matt come on and give you the details about the ranches. Matt has outfitted in Mexico but he can tell you the wnen and where. He just in the last few days made the deal for these ranches and because the season is fast approaching wanted me to get some information up. There is no intention by Matt or I to decieve anyone. Since I know you to be honest and you say this deer was booked through another agent I'm going to take down the pix as it is just not kosher to use other agents pictures. I know I don't like it and have taken exception to it.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm going to have Matt come on and give you the details about the ranches.Mark

Been waiting patiently for more information, almost a day. Which is 7 cyber years on my clock. But no more information has been provided by Mr. Young.

So I ran his post through my trusty Salesman ==> English translator.

And thus spoke the Mark Young-

"Hey World, I just got off the phone. I know this guy who knows some dude with some sort of operation in Old Mexico. It's so brand new that I have no personal experience, references, ranch location, camp photos, or trophy pics. But do not worry! I will post a photo of a random hunter who took a nice buck somewhere south of the border.

I will charge any suckers, er clients, top dollar, but it should work out OK. I hope. So pay your money, and take your chances.

And if the hunt goes bad, I can always blame some other guy."

Again Mark?

Thanks for the chuckle. What would a circus be without some clowns?

posted Hide Post
Posting from my phone, on top a hill. Please excuse typos.

I have been outfitting hunts in Sonora since 2003.
All our hunters travel to tucson because I live in nogales and i drive all of our hutners down.the ranch is 3.5 hours from my house.
The mule deer in the picture was sent to me by a sonoran outfitter that I purchased the tags from.I have worked with him since 2005.the deer was taken on the ranch we are hunting.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to call me at 520-820-4728 I'm in the field, but will get back to you asap.

Regards,
Matt woodward

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack D Bold:
quote:
I'm going to have Matt come on and give you the details about the ranches.Mark

Been waiting patiently for more information, almost a day. Which is 7 cyber years on my clock. But no more information has been provided by Mr. Young.

So I ran his post through my trusty Salesman ==> English translator.

And thus spoke the Mark Young-

"Hey World, I just got off the phone. I know this guy who knows some dude with some sort of operation in Old Mexico. It's so brand new that I have no personal experience, references, ranch location, camp photos, or trophy pics. But do not worry! I will post a photo of a random hunter who took a nice buck somewhere south of the border.

I will charge any suckers, er clients, top dollar, but it should work out OK. I hope. So pay your money, and take your chances.

And if the hunt goes bad, I can always blame some other guy."

Again Mark?

Thanks for the chuckle. What would a circus be without some clowns?

Jack, I gather from your posts that you fudge your screen name just a hair. "Bold" may be how you percieve yourself, but "Ass" is much more truthfull.

Jack Ass,

I just finished a hunt with Matt/ Mark and was very sucessfull and satisfied. The only dissapointment I am feeling this am regarding the hunt is that I cannot afford to visit with Matt this year on this Sonora mule deer hunt.

Be a man, confront your obsession with Marks adequacy and your own lack thereof and try to grow from the experience.

Posts: 9087 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soazarcher:
Posting from my phone, on top a hill. Please excuse typos.

I have been outfitting hunts in Sonora since 2003.
All our hunters travel to tucson because I live in nogales and i drive all of our hutners down.the ranch is 3.5 hours from my house.
The mule deer in the picture was sent to me by a sonoran outfitter that I purchased the tags from.I have worked with him since 2005.the deer was taken on the ranch we are hunting.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to call me at 520-820-4728 I'm in the field, but will get back to you asap.

Regards,
Matt woodward

Matt, with all due respect, if you have been "outfitting" hunts in Sonora since 2003 then why don't you use your own pictures? Also, if you've worked with this guy since 2005 then why doesn't the hunter know you? He killed this buck in 2007.

You still haven't answered the question of where the ranch is, just said that is was within 3.5 hours of your house in Nogales which narrows it down to about 3/4 of the state of Sonora that has mule deer in it. I'm not asking for a ranch name, just a general vicinity. Do you even know? I do but I'm interested in knowing if you do seeing as to how the hunter in the picture has never heard of you and you're wanting to pick people up in Tucson to hunt this ranch. Anyway, call this outfitter buddy and ask him before you get back to us. The "I'm in the field" excuse should buy you at least a day to find out Big Grin

Mark, I'm not trying to be a prick but if you're going to offer a hunt you should at least be able to answer questions about the ranch, the area, past hunts etc. At this point I'm not even sure that the guy you're booking the hunt for has ever been there or even knows where it is.

This kind of stuff just pisses me off. There are a ton of Mexican "outfitters" that will sell tags to anybody and will sell a bunch of em. I'm not saying that this is the case here but it doesn't look good especially when you're using pictures of hunters that aren't your clients. With 2 outfitters and a booking agent who knows what the real story is. There is a lot that is embellished and/or lost in translation in Mexico. I remember vividly another booking agent that was notorious for doing this and he and I had the same conversations here on AR.

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Matt posts from his frigging phone while in the field.

Jack Ass waits almost a whole day, (Lord the anxiety,) and a work day no less, for info he/ she/ it has no interest in using for anything other than internet domination.

The hunter or hunters pictured in the photos may or may not have intimate knowledge of the new or different or additional outfitter operating on the ranch in question and so that brings into question The operators and booking agents integrity, the color of the sky, earths rotation and whether or not the .223 is adequate for deer.

I'd rather see pictures of game taken from the property offered to hunt rather than game the outfitter had taken a county, state or nation away. Matt's clients deer taken on the Kaibab have little to do with possibilities in Sonora.

Hopefully interested parties, (other than Jack Ass,) will allow a little latitude in timely responses to questions asked as there are some sportsmen that are either disinclined to surf the 'net while enjoying the great outdoors, or are simply unable. I was away from my home and AR for something like two weeks while touring the south west USA. I hope you all don't think less of me.

I was hunting with Matt two weeks ago and although he gave my wife and I his full attention for the duration of our deer hunt, he was able to on a very limited and primitive basis conduct a little business that I observed did include the Sonoran hunt in question. Do the heroes of this forum really expect all participating sportsmen to devote as much time, energy and passion to the internet as the heroes expend?

Posts: 9087 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I took this buck on the first day of a New Mexico hunt with Matt two weeks ago.

I brought my dog and had to pull the cactus thorns out of my dogs feet myself. Maybe the board should critisize Matt/ Mark for not having a medic team standing by to assist in these kinds of emergencies.

Responders should feel free to use these pictures of Matts New Mexican mule deer hunt to advertize for Iowan whitetail, Zambian lion or Alaskan sheep hunts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is exactly the reason why I refused to post a hunting report when I returned from my Africa hunt this year. A guy, in this case, an agent makes a good faith effort to advertise a hunt only to be prosecuted in this forum by do-holders out to find fault. If you are really interested in going on the hunt, then pursue it directly with Mark without jumping to conclusions until the facts are out. Guys like the few posters on attack here are ruining this forum for guys like me who are here to learn from the greater experience of others. in my limited dealings with Mark, I have found him to be honest and not out to delude anyone.

Posts: 64 | Location: alaska | Registered: 02 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by africa1sttimer:
This is exactly the reason why I refused to post a hunting report when I returned from my Africa hunt this year. A guy, in this case, an agent makes a good faith effort to advertise a hunt only to be prosecuted in this forum by do-holders out to find fault. If you are really interested in going on the hunt, then pursue it directly with Mark without jumping to conclusions until the facts are out. Guys like the few posters on attack here are ruining this forum for guys like me who are here to learn from the greater experience of others. in my limited dealings with Mark, I have found him to be honest and not out to delude anyone.

If you don't mind, I'd suggest posting a report and damn the torpedo's! If you think your experience is worth reporting, its actually ok to do so and if the bullies wanna slip a dagger between your internet ribs kick them in their www nuts, take another sip of real coffee and get on with your day.

The opinions posted via Saeeds benevolence don't carry nearly the weight or authority the bullies hope for.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
Matt posts from his frigging phone while in the field.

So? That's why we have smart phones, to be able to conduct our business.

quote:
The hunter or hunters pictured in the photos may or may not have intimate knowledge of the new or different or additional outfitter operating on the ranch in question and so that brings into question The operators and booking agents integrity, the color of the sky, earths rotation and whether or not the .223 is adequate for deer.

I'd rather see pictures of game taken from the property offered to hunt rather than game the outfitter had taken a county, state or nation away. Matt's clients deer taken on the Kaibab have little to do with possibilities in Sonora.

He's been down there since 2003 and working with this outfitter since 2005 allegedly and he can't post pictures of his own clients? If he's never hunted the ranch before then just say so, don't send out pictures of other guys. It's misleading. To post up a picture of a hunter with a big deer and a smile and not knowing the story behind it is just plain wrong. Mark Young realized this and took down the picture as soon as he found out that it wasn't Matt's client yet you defend it? Some people never cease to amaze me.

If you don't want to be called out publicly for this kind of crap then don't advertise in this manner, it's as simple as that. If your caught advertising this way you can either own it and admit that it's wrong and learn from it or you can choose to ignore it and have your buddies defend you.

There is NO excuse for not knowing what you're selling and NO excuse for using 5 year old pictures of people who didn't hunt with you. You want to know what kind of animals come off that ranch then wait a year and get Matt to show you pictures of his clients on his ranch. The dynamics of a ranch can change dramatically due to any number of things from year to year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by africa1sttimer:
A guy, in this case, an agent makes a good faith effort to advertise a hunt only to be prosecuted in this forum by do-holders out to find fault. If you are really interested in going on the hunt, then pursue it directly with Mark without jumping to conclusions until the facts are out. Guys like the few posters on attack here are ruining this forum for guys like me who are here to learn from the greater experience of others. in my limited dealings with Mark, I have found him to be honest and not out to delude anyone.

In the past I have defended Mark on a NM elk hunt he was offering for Matt.

Advertising this hunt using that picture is fraudulent IMO. Hell, how does Matt know if that deer really came off the ranch he bought tags on? Wouldn't be the first time a Mexican "outfitter" wanting to sell a few more tags last minute has used pictures that are outdated and/or not from the ranch they say it's from to try and put a few more dollars in their pockets.

I know the hunter in the picture. I know the name of the mexican guide, outfitter and booking agent as well as the location of the ranch it came from. At this point I may be the only person on this thread that would be qualified to tell you about the ranch yet you guys want to accuse me of attacking these guys. I assure you I'm not attacking anybody, merely calling a spade a spade

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whoa! Drummond's not 'attacking' anyone. He was merely pointing out the facts of the photo used to advertise this hunt.

As a prospective hunter I'd want all the pertinent facts with any hunt I was to buy.

It's sort of like going on a blind date (outfitter I've never hunted with in an area I don't know). I don't want to see pics of the girl's sister (another outfitter's kill) from 5 years ago. I want to see something that the outfitter I'm looking at has produced.

Scott, understandably, is defending Matt. He obviously had a great time and was happy with his outcome. So why not use his photo or at least one with just the deer?

BTW, Scott, hell of a nice buck you knocked down!

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Drummond,

I'm not going to get into a long protracted back and forth with you. My only mistake is not asking Matt if the mule deer pictured was booked by a different agent. My bad. I should have made it clear to Matt that it would be better to not post a picture than to use another agent's client's picture. This mule deer ranch is new to Matt as of this coming season. That's why nobody you contacted knew Matt. I think if you go back you'll see I posted that the deal had just been finalized.

The coues deer ranch Matt has hunted since '03 with a break in '11. He is now back on for the '11/12 season.

You've implied that Matt is a liar and somehow unscrupulous and by association you've painted me with that brush also. I've spent a year establishing a business relationship with Matt and he so far has done everything right, taken every suggestion I've made seriously and been honest to a fault. I had 8 clients including myself on various hunts with him in '11 and to the man they all thought Matt did a great job regardless of success. So if he tells me he has some good opportunities in Mexico I believe him. If I did't know he had several years experience down there I would not have touched these hunts with a 10 foot pole.

Since as you said we have been on the same page about a couple of issues I would have thought you would have PM'd me, e-mailed or given me a call saying you thought this didn't sound right and what was the story rather than blasting off on the Internet with your assumptions that there was a scam afoot when you didn't know the details.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

posted Hide Post
I have been following AR for many years and just recently joined and I see a common tendency from Bold and Drummend above to always be trying to stir the pot and always try to find fault with others. Bold and Drummend get a life and stay out of others business.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everyone, needs to loosen the screws on their hats.

Posts: 475 | Location: Moncton, New Brunswick | Registered: 30 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Drummond,

I'm not going to get into a long protracted back and forth with you. My only mistake is not asking Matt if the mule deer pictured was booked by a different agent. My bad. I should have made it clear to Matt that it would be better to not post a picture than to use another agent's client's picture. This mule deer ranch is new to Matt as of this coming season. That's why nobody you contacted knew Matt. I think if you go back you'll see I posted that the deal had just been finalized.

The coues deer ranch Matt has hunted since '03 with a break in '10. He is now back on for the '11 season.

You've implied that Matt is a liar and somehow unscrupulous and by association you've painted me with that brush also. I've spent a year establishing a business relationship with Matt and he so far has done everything right, taken every suggestion I've made seriously and been honest to a fault. I had 8 clients including myself on various hunts with him in '11 and to the man they all thought Matt did a great job regardless of success. So if he tells me he has some good opportunities in Mexico I believe him. If I did't know he had several years experience down there I would not have touched these hunts with a 10 foot pole.

Since as you said we have been on the same page about a couple of issues I would have thought you would have PM'd me, e-mailed or given me a call saying you thought this didn't sound right and what was the story rather than blasting off on the Internet with your assumptions that there was a scam afoot when you really didn't know the details.

Mark

I dont know the details? Apparently you guys don't know the details either Big Grin

Where have I "implied that Matt was a liar"? Mark, if I know somebody is lying I just call them a liar. I have not called you or Matt a liar. What I said was that there are Mexican outfitters that will tell anybody anything to sell a hunt. I was not referring to you or Matt when I made that statement. I was trying to convey the message that you cannot trust everything you're told. Would you not agree that the best way to sell a hunt is with firsthand experience? By posting a picture you're implying that this deer came off of that particular ranch. How do you know for sure? Nobody has answered the question as to where the ranch is, my guess is that Matt has never stepped foot on the place but that's just a guess. I know where the ranch is, I know what the hunters hunt was like and I know that you'd have to be completely out of your mind to have prospective hunters be picked up in Tucson to hunt this ranch. It doesn't add up Mark. I think that not saying where the ranch is was definately convenient on y'alls part because you can come back with the "I knew that" argument.

Look, I don't have a problem with you or Matt on a personal level. I've always enjoyed our conversations and PM's in the past and you've always been supportive of me being completely honest and calling things like I see them as it pertains to other booking agents. That goes both ways though Mark, if somebody offers a hunt like this publicly I have always made it a point to respond publicly. I certainly hope that you can respect that. Nobody is excluded. I work closely with another booking agent here and I have taken him to task on a professional level on more than one occasio just as he has taken me to task.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also, please excuse the typos as I too am in the field guiding a hunt Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexLonghorn:
I have been following AR for many years and just recently joined and I see a common tendency from Bold and Drummend above to always be trying to stir the pot and always try to find fault with others. Bold and Drummend get a life and stay out of others business.

You "see" much less than you think you do, so I suggest you keep quiet until you have a small clue what you're talking about. "Others" business is everyone's business when it comes to honestly representing a hunting opportunity or a hunt.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:

You "see" much less than you think you do, so I suggest you keep quiet until you have a small clue what you're talking about. "Others" business is everyone's business when it comes to honestly representing a hunting opportunity or a hunt.

x2. He obviously doesn't know either's history of success or their time in the field.

I also wanted to add that I've spoken with Mark Young on several occassions and have never felt he was misleading in any way.
I feel this was simply an unintentional error.

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Scott, understandably, is defending Matt. He obviously had a great time and was happy with his outcome. So why not use his photo or at least one with just the deer?

Ide,

Because this really would be fraudulent as Scott killed this buck in New Mexico not Old Mexico. If you go back and look at Scott's post you'll see were he states his regret in not being able to take advantage of Matt's Mexico hunt.

I do appreciate you stating your previous experiences with me.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
You want to know what kind of animals come off that ranch then wait a year and get Matt to show you pictures of his clients on his ranch. The dynamics of a ranch can change dramatically due to any number of things from year to year.

and therein lies the biggest issue for the consumer.

one of us
posted Hide Post
So the facts so far are;

The photo Matt provided is not from a ranch that is within 3.5 hours of Tuscon. The hunter in that photo did not hunt the animal with Matt or on a ranch within 3.5 hours of Tuscon. is that correct?

If so the mule deer picture is fraudulent plain and simple. As it can't be from the ranch in question from the information we are getting here.

Which if it's true tells me that Matt hasn't hunted the ranch he's trying to sell hunts on, that he doesn't have any pictures from that ranch or he would have provided them.

Which indicates that he is selling hunts on a ranch that he has no personal experience on. It might be a great ranch, it might not, clients booked this year pay their money and take their chances.

The fluff here is that that Scott shot a decent mule deer with Matt on an entirely different ranch, in a whole other country than the one in question here. Which indicates that Matt has some decent properties but that has NOTHING to do with the ranch in Mexico.

And that his dog got cactus in his paws, it happens..

Everybody is free to do as they'd like I personally wouldn't touch this $12,000 deer hunt with a ten foot pole unless I was allowed to inspect the property before the hunt. That is my take on this deal plain and simple.

Why doesn't Matt simply go down to the ranch or have somebody else do it and take some pictures of some deer instead of trying to slip in a photo of a hunter that isn't his?

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
So the facts so far are;

The photo Matt provided is not from a ranch that is within 3.5 hours of Tuscon. The hunter in that photo did not hunt the animal with Matt or on a ranch within 3.5 hours of Tuscon. is that correct?

If so the mule deer picture is fraudulent plain and simple. As it can't be from the ranch in question from the information we are getting here.

Which if it's true tells me that Matt hasn't hunted the ranch he's trying to sell hunts on, that he doesn't have any pictures from that ranch or he would have provided them.

Which indicates that he is selling hunts on a ranch that he has no personal experience on. It might be a great ranch, it might not, clients booked this year pay their money and take their chances.

The fluff here is that that Scott shot a decent mule deer with Matt on an entirely different ranch, in a whole other country than the one in question here. Which indicates that Matt has some decent properties but that has NOTHING to do with the ranch in Mexico.

And that his dog got cactus in his paws, it happens..

Everybody is free to do as they'd like I personally wouldn't touch this $12,000 deer hunt with a ten foot pole unless I was allowed to inspect the property before the hunt. That is my take on this deal plain and simple.

Why doesn't Matt simply go down to the ranch or have somebody else do it and take some pictures of some deer instead of trying to slip in a photo of a hunter that isn't his?

You have no command of the facts.

First and foremost, cactus in my babies paws is nothing to dismiss. I was serious when I suggested Matt/ Mark should offer "Vetevac" insurace for these kinds of emergencies.

To the issue, Matt has been unable to provide further info regarding the hunt offered and thats really not understandable? I don't care what kind of phone he's using, service is service and if you ain't got it you ain't. Even if his service was stellar, surely we couldn't expect his hunter to put up with the distraction of internet argueing? How much time does a hunting guide devote to typing on his phone instead of looking thru the spotting scope daily? Is first and last light out? Noon texting is kosher? After dark perhaps you tell the client to "Read a book!" and hit the IPhone with both thumbs.

I do know that Matt baby sat the three in my party until tuesday before Thanksgiving, planned to spend the weekend at home and then was heading out to scout and put up camp for a hunt that I believe was to take place two weeks after Thanksgiving DBA right now.

It seems bad form if not un realistic to demand electron fast answers considering the season.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
I took this buck on the first day of a New Mexico hunt with Matt two weeks ago.

I brought my dog and had to pull the cactus thorns out of my dogs feet myself. Maybe the board should critisize Matt/ Mark for not having a medic team standing by to assist in these kinds of emergencies.

Responders should feel free to use these pictures of Matts New Mexican mule deer hunt to advertize for Iowan whitetail, Zambian lion or Alaskan sheep hunts.

Two points.
1. Dang. That's a he'll of a deer!
2. Love the dog picture. "your baby" as you call (her?) is adorable. I am a sucker for dogs. And that is a great shot of a hunter and his dawg.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

And neither do you unless you have first hand experience on that ranch and you know for a fact that the picture in question was taken on that ranch. Matt's your buddy, we get it, but it still doesn't answer the questions raised by Drummond.

Here is a fact though, my dog is tougher than your dog and doesn't need vet/evac insurance. He just pulls the spines out with his teeth and would bite anybody who tried to assist him in such a medically trivial procedure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

First and foremost, cactus in my babies paws is nothing to dismiss. I was serious when I suggested Matt/ Mark should offer "Vetevac" insurace for these kinds of emergencies.

To the issue, Matt has been unable to provide further info regarding the hunt offered and thats really not understandable? I don't care what kind of phone he's using, service is service and if you ain't got it you ain't. Even if his service was stellar, surely we couldn't expect his hunter to put up with the distraction of internet argueing? How much time does a hunting guide devote to typing on his phone instead of looking thru the spotting scope daily? Is first and last light out? Noon texting is kosher? After dark perhaps you tell the client to "Read a book!" and hit the IPhone with both thumbs.

I do know that Matt baby sat the three in my party until tuesday before Thanksgiving, planned to spend the weekend at home and then was heading out to scout and put up camp for a hunt that I believe was to take place two weeks after Thanksgiving DBA right now.

It seems bad form if not un realistic to demand electron fast answers considering the season.

The details should have been known by both the booking agent and the outfitter before a hunt offering was ever made. There is no excuse for not knowing where the ranch is that you're trying to book a hunt on and there's no excuse for posting old photographs of hunters that were not and are not your clients. That's on both of them! Nobody should have to wait for details, they should have been readily available.

I understand and appreciate your desire to help your friend but there's really no excuse for this.

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
The details should have been known by both the booking agent and the outfitter before a hunt offering was ever made. There is no excuse for not knowing where the ranch is that you're trying to book a hunt on and there's no excuse for posting old photographs of hunters that were not and are not your clients. That's on both of them! Nobody should have to wait for details, they should have been readily available.

I understand and appreciate your desire to help your friend but there's really no excuse for this.

I'm with you 100%. Unreal how the wagons are circled when a pimp/fellow salesman here gets his sack caught in the three strand. Roll Eyes

A guy posts a pic of a cherry '69 GTO he's selling, except the pics are of a different car, but didn't mention that little detail...Man, the gall. Honest mistake? Sheeit. Might want to research the definition of the term, some folks, mmhmm.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Mark(Adam Clements Safari Trackers) pulled a similar "bait 'n' switch" with me and my friend on a Tanzania buffalo hunt a few years back. We each booked a two buffalo/plains game hunt and were told the area was full of game. Said we'd each have good chances to kill 2 buffs, Impala, Nyssa wildebeest, kongoni, etc. It turned out to be a disaster! The driver got lost after I killed my first buff so I ended up having to walk 30km back to camp from the kill site. The "PH" couldn't make the hike (we left him half way) so I walked back with the tracker to send a truck from camp to pick him up. The area had been poached to death so we saw little game and what we saw was tails running into the bush. I was LUCKY to get one buff since the "PH" kept approaching the herds from up wind so they spooked off each time. He was to lazy to circle downwind so they wouldn't scent us.

To make matters worse, someone in camp stole $3300 of my equipment from my tent on the fourth day even though they had employed a guard to watch our tent to prevent such things from happening. Adding insult to injury in this matter, Adam Clements only reimbursed me $2000 for my stolen goods so I had to eat $1300. Adam's response to me was "You went on a discounted hunt so how can you expect first rate service."

My friend, Richard, only wanted one buffalo and an impala. He never had any opportunity thus never fired a shot at any game. When he returned home he called Adam. Adam hadn't refunded his prepaid trophy fees yet for a couple months. In the conversation Richard said how could a person go to Africa on a hunt and not fire a shot? Adam's response was "Tell people you were to old and fat". Adam's a prince.

Apparently they didn't really know this Tanzania area we hunted either. It turned out to be a very bad experience all the way around. They should have known more about this safari area before they booked clients into it.

Marks's offer of this hunt without knowing all the facts and details seems consistant of him to offer volumes of hunts just to get clients to make money and not really care about the quality of the experience the paying customer will have. His post for this hunt was very irresponsible just like the hunt I went on in Tanzania.

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How much time does a hunting guide devote to typing on his phone instead of looking thru the spotting scope daily? Is first and last light out? Noon texting is kosher? After dark perhaps you tell the client to "Read a book!" and hit the IPhone with both thumbs.

Noon texting is definately kosher but an experienced guide and pretty much text, type, argue and spot big stuff throughout the day. Here's an example...

I was able to text, update my Facebook and regularly check AR today and was still able to knock down this buck with a client. In fact, we laughed at the novices that say it couldn't be done Big Grin

As for the two thumb technique, I can absolutely do it but I have to steer my truck with my knee when I do. I just don't think that it's that safe, using my knee to steer, so when driving ill always just use the one thumb technique. Safety first!

Y'all have a good one

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also, I guess I better ask that this picture not be used in the advertisement of any hunts Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, I guess I better ask that this picture not be used in the advertisement of any hunts Big Grin

yuck

Drum,

Congrats to you and Dan on that great buck. Please save one just like him for next year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Too late wave See the following link - http://forums.accuratereloadin...3411043/m/5761086761

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
How much time does a hunting guide devote to typing on his phone instead of looking thru the spotting scope daily? Is first and last light out? Noon texting is kosher? After dark perhaps you tell the client to "Read a book!" and hit the IPhone with both thumbs.

Noon texting is definately kosher but an experienced guide and pretty much text, type, argue and spot big stuff throughout the day. Here's an example...

I was able to text, update my Facebook and regularly check AR today and was still able to knock down this buck with a client. In fact, we laughed at the novices that say it couldn't be done Big Grin

As for the two thumb technique, I can absolutely do it but I have to steer my truck with my knee when I do. I just don't think that it's that safe, using my knee to steer, so when driving ill always just use the one thumb technique. Safety first!

Y'all have a good one

Eeker

Someday Drum, you will lead me to a better buck than that!!!

Smiler

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Y'all have a good one

Jeez! Some people will do anything to win an argument!!! old Big Grin

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote