New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kariba + Zambezi Crocodile Cancellation
 Login/Join

posted
Good day all,

I Am new to the AR platform and have enjoyed thus far reading hunt reports and offers from Members. We recently had a hunter due to unforeseen circumstances cancel his hunt with us this year on Lake Kariba, we are offering his slot up at a discounted rate if any of the members here are interested please feel free to reach out. Below is the information.

2023 - Maunga River Conservancy Crocodile Special

The Maunga River conservancy has in the 2023 season officially been issued with a quota for crocodile on the banks of lake Kariba and the middle Zambezi river.

The MRC is a relatively new conservation project established in 2019 and over the past 2 seasons in conjunction with the Zambian department of National Parks have surveyed the crocodile and hippo population in the upper Kariba basin as well as the middle Zambezi river.

This survey as expected yielded a high population of crocodiles that often come into un-favourable contact with people along the water course. Thus the department issued an annual quota of 4 crocodiles for this large area.

So far this season 1 of the 4 have been successfully hunted, 2 more hunts scheduled for July and 1 crocodile still available for this season due to a cancellation.

Lake Kariba´s reputation for good sized crocodile needs to introduction and with no hunting on the Zambian side for many years theres no doubt that some impressive specimens will come out in the next few seasons.

The area is hunted out of 2 camps, one on the river and one on the Lake and the area around the lake also offers some exceptional plains game hunting in between chasing the crocodiles.

PRICING

Daily Rate : $650/day (minimum 7 days)

Return Road Transfer : $600,00

License Fee : $300,00

International Port of Entry : Livingstone or Lusaka , Zambia

TROPHY FEES USD ($)
Crocodile - 4 500
Impala - 200
Warthog - 650
Bushbuck - Chobe - 1 000
Bushpig 650
Kudu - 2 000
Waterbuck - Deffasa - 2 000
Eland - Livingstone´s - 2 500
Reedbuck - Common - 1 000
Sharpes Grysbok - 800
Klipspinger - 1 000
Common Duiker - 500

We will throw in 4 x Impala at no charge for bait (non export)

We have already succesfully taken a fantastic croc this year along with some great plains game, i will attach images below in a separate post.

Kind Regards

Russell de la Harpe
Maunga River Conservancy

2023 PH # 451
2023 Outfitters Licence #203

Posts: 4 | Location: Zambia / Zimbabwe | Registered: 29 March 2023Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I am unable to upload photos for some reason , am technologically challenged evidently!

Posts: 4 | Location: Zambia / Zimbabwe | Registered: 29 March 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Welcome Russell. For what it is worth, I have been on two hunts that Russell also participated on in the last two years and he is delightful to spend time with and an excellent PH. An accomplished bow hunter and fly fisherman as well. I am sure someone booking this hunt will have a wonderful time.

[Russell, send me a few pictures via WhatsApp and I can post them for you.]

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
PM sent

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 363 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Welcome Russell. For what it is worth, I have been on two hunts that Russell also participated on in the last two years and he is delightful to spend time with and an excellent PH. An accomplished bow hunter and fly fisherman as well. I am sure someone booking this hunt will have a wonderful time.

[Russell, send me a few pictures via WhatsApp and I can post them for you.]

Thank you very much for the kind sentiments Mike, it has been a pleasure hunting with you recently and look forward to the next one !

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . posting for Russell.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice crocs but some super nice plains game in those pictures

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir, we are very fortunate with the quality of plains game here, especially the spiral horns

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
That Croc looks like one of the Dragons in “Game of Thrones”.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That bushbuck is a BUS!
And taken with a bow!

JCHB

Posts: 412 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote