Find
Notify
Tools

2013 Leopard hunt Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Details
14 Day Leopard hunt in the North-Western part of Namibia with Sebra Hunting Safaris.

Price
U$ 12,000.00

Included:
• Daily rate for 14 days for 1 hunter
• Transfer to and from Windhoek airport
• Hunting vehicle and PH services
• Field preparation of trophy
• All baits
• Tag fee
• Permit fee
• Trophy fee for 1 male leopard
• Full board accommodation – all meals, beverages and laundry
• VAT on daily rates

Excluded:
• Flight tickets to Namibia
• Taxidermy work and shipping
• Rifle Hire
• Any additional trophies

US$5000 refund if no opportunity at trophy leopard

Additional plains game available if time permits

Kudu U$1250
Gemsbok U$725
Hartmann’s Zebra U$1000
Red hartebeest U$900
Blue Wildebeest U$1200
Black Wildebeest U$1500
Springbok U$500
Eland U$2250
Giraffe U$1850
Steenbok U$350
Duiker U$450
Klipspringer U$1000
Damara dik-dik U$2250 Spotted Hyena U$1250 Brown Hyena U$1250
Cheetah U$2000
Caracal U$500
Warthog U$500
Baboon U$100 Jackal U$50

Jan du Plessis
Sebra Hunting Safaris

Farm Sebra nr.264
Outjo district
Namibia

Tel: +264 812275604 or +264 813252372
E-mail: sebra@iway.na
www.sebrahunt.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a great deal with the hardest working PH in Namibia, he runs a small family operation with plenty of game. An if Jan tells you you'll get a refund for no TROPHY leopard you'll get your leopard. also check out his TFs on PG they can't be beat. Doc

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to hear more about this hunt...refunding $5,000 is a good indication that Jan is confident of killing a cat.

What do you expect as far as size, success rate Jan??

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
L'tck: Do not be put off if it takes a bit for Jan to reply, he lives in remote NW Namibia with POOR phone lines when they work at all. I hunted with Jan an will vouch for his ability and hunting ranch which is within the Loxodanta Conservancy.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks and that sounds like a good deal!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Statistics can be confusing. I can tell you I had a 100% success rate on leopard this year, which is true, but when I add that I did only one leopard hunt with my own clients this year, it does not look that impressive anymore. Success rate has got a lot to do with the time of year, as well as the ability of the client. For instance - in Nort-Western Namibia we have lots of gemsbok newborns in the spring, which cause cats to mostly ignore baits.

Everybody want to shoot a 160 lb cat, but the fact is that realistically in our area a 120 lb tom is a good trophy. You do get the occasional monster. The last one shot on my property this year had a total lenght of 6'8", and weighed 120 lb.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jan:

What do you think is the best time to hunt for a leopard? Thanks.

Dale

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can say that Jan is a wonderful hunter and host and his family is top notch. I've never hunted leopard with him but saw plenty of leopard tracks in 2011 hunting plains game and will definitely hunt with him again. You will not regret a hunt on his ranch.

Regards,

Don

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you do when things go wrong.

posted Hide Post
I hunted leopard with Jan a couple years ago. I was unsucessful. I have nothing but good things to say about Jan and his wife. One day we hope to go back.
Rod

Posts: 14 | Location: AB | Registered: 12 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I hunted plainsgame with Jan this August, and had an unbelievable hunt. As I told him, it was NOT the best hunt of my life, it was the SEVEN best hunts of my life (I got seven animals). I'm going back this April/May, and have already wire transferred my deposit. The food that Jan's wife Mariesje cooks is comparable to the best restaurants in Paris, to include her crepes. Also, the pasteries from the "Baakerie" in Outjo are out of this world.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dale
In my opinion from March to August is the best time. Earlier it might still rain, which make sitting in a blind very uncomfortable.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We've been hunting with Jan & Mariesje for the past 5 years with 6 coming up. I've never hunted Leopard with him simply because it is not on my "want list". I've helped him hang baits, check baits, review game camera photos and build blinds for Leopard hunters coming in after us. We normally see fresh tracks nearly every day out hunting.

He is a small family operation and you are hunting on his property (20,000 US acres) that he grew up on and been in his family for three generations and not on a concession. When you are there you (and your hunting party) are the only hunters on the property for the duration of your hunt.

Top shelf personal attention and Mariesje's cooking is worth the trip all by itself.

VERY good Gemsbok populations with a very realistic opportunity of a 40+ inch bull (my wife got one two years ago) good numbers of Mountain Zebra and my wife connected with a huge Kudu bull this year that made the Namibia "Game Fields Gold" medal - 337.5cm. (132.8 in. combined length both horns and circumference of both bases)

Posts: 572 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Well I can vouch for hard working guide, with, contrary to reports a great sense of humour !
Fantastic food, very nice accommodation with great family & staff support.

I can also vouch for good animals & plenty of them, here are a few from this years hunt & I only wish I could go ever year !

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jan:

I think I will book this hunt; I sent you an email so look for it in your inbox.

Txs.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
AnotherAZWriter I'm sure you will enjoy the hunt & get your animals !

Bear with Jan for the moment, he has slow & dodgey internet service, also I think he is away for a bit working .

Cheers

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
SARG: That is an awesome gemsbok from Jan's place. How long was he- 42" or 43" ???

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bud:

That is a huge gemsbok; along with a leopard, a big gemsbok is a primary goal.

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Yes he is a nice Gemsbok, I don't have them home yet & I didn't measure the horns (we could see he was big) I think Jan said he was over 40in, in hind sight I should have shot one of the Huge cows I saw, which look the same only longer !!

We did also find a pick up set of horns that were over 41in to.

You will enjoy this hunt & you can trust this Outfitter .

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Bud:

That is a huge gemsbok; along with a leopard, a big gemsbok is a primary goal.

AAZW: If you want a big gemsbok, Jan is your man. His place is CRAWLING with them. Here's my 40" bull from this August:

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bud:

I am discussing dates, etc. with Jan right now and hope to wire my dep on Monday. Shot four gemsbok in my life, but none over 40.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats a beautiful gemsbok, congratulations.

Posts: 2540 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote