THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Karoo Wild Safaris Hunting Specials 2014 - South Africa
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karoo Wild Safaris Hunting Specials 2014 - South Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted
Karoo Wild Safaris

Outfitter: Karoo Wild Safaris HC 64/2011 EC
PH: Victor Watson PH 167/2011 EC
Area: Eastern Cape, South Africa - wildlife-only hunting area

We are a hunting outfitter based in the Eastern Cape, South Africa and are offering good discounted rates for the 2014 season. You're able to make up your own package and change your wishlist whilst on safari with us.

Karoo Wild Safaris is owner-run and managed and we only take exclusive bookings offering you our personal attention at all times. You will be the only clients hunting and staying with us throughout your safari. Our four star graded lodge in the heart of our hunting area is the perfect place for hunters, couples and families to enjoy the hunting experience of a lifetime. Non-hunters are welcome to join the hunting party or partake in one of the numerous activities and tours in the area. We are offering discounted rates on the following species. All other species are as per our price list on.

www.karoowildsafaris.co.za

Plains game hunting trophy price list

Trophy animals -

Cape Kudu $750
Gemsbok $800
Red Hartebeest $750
Nyala $1900
Impala $280
Blesbok $280
Springbok $250
Mountain Reedbuck $550
Eland $1900
Waterbuck $1900
Klipspringer $750
Bushpig $350
Steenbok $130
Common Duiker $130

Cull animals (sub adult males and females) -

Cape Kudu $200
Red Hartebeest $250
Impala $100
Blesbok $100
Springbok $100

Daily Rates -

- $340 (1 client per professional hunter)
- $260 (2 clients per professional hunter)
- $140 non-hunting observers
- $70 children (under 16 years) non-hunting observer
- $140 children (under 16 years) hunting with a parent

All our safaris include
- meals and accommodation
- alcoholic drinks and beverages
- transfers to / from Port Elizabeth airport
- field preparation of trophies and transport to the taxidermist
- VAT
- rifle hire
- free optional day trip to Addo Elephant National Park

Our safaris don't include
- airfare
- taxidermy work
- meat of the animals hunted

Hunt reports of 2013 are available on our website. Please contact me for a list of contactable references of previous clients.

Please feel free to contact me for more information or you can visit our website

Kind Regards

Victor Watson
info@karoowildsafaris.co.za

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris
Email: info@karoowildsafaris.co.za
Cell: (+27) 721894588

Posts: 382 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
I quite realize that asking for daily rates and trophy prices is a bit like asking: How long is a piece of string? You must know much more than just the prices about the hunt and accommodation to be able to make good judgement on suitability. Also, by making the comment about the prices posted by Victor I have no intention of belittling the very good offers that other South African outfitters have posted here. I do however feel that Victor’s prices needs some special mention!

The median total price of all South African hunting Outfitters for who I have Web-published prices for all 12 species that he offers is $ 14 945. Now, totalling the prices of these 12 species as published on Karoo Wild Safaris’ Web site gives $ 12 750. This shows that even Victor’s normal prices are very competitive, as the total for the particular 12 species offered here is $ 2 195 lower than the median!

But the offer that Victor made here is really deeply discounted by another massive $ 2 030 to a total of the 12 species of only $ 10 720! If anyone were to take up this offer, and hunt all 12 species the total trophy fee would be a massive $ 4 225 below the median! Now that type of discounted hunting is surely what Saeed had in mind when he named this section of the fourm?

The prices asked here are very good! Unfortunately I do not know this particular outfitter at all – so it is up to the buyer to decide on the rest – I comment only on his very competitive prices!

In good hunting,

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

Very nice analysis. Yes, the prices are good but the lodging and personal care by Vic and his wife Lindsay are also exceptional.

My brother and I hunted with them last month and had a great time. Because Vic has access to other family concessions nearby it gives you a great variety of game and terrain to hunt.

I'm still trying to sweat off the 5 lbs. that I gained in the week of hunting there.

I had the "Honeymoon Suite"

And with dinner company like this, who could complain?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12545 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for your comments! I wanted to clarify with this deal that you can choose whichever animals you'd like to hunt and make your own wishlist. You have the flexibility to change your wishlist whilst on the hunt and you'll get the discounted rates on the animals listed irrespective of the number and species you successfully hunt (ie you only pay for what you hunt).

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris
Email: info@karoowildsafaris.co.za
Cell: (+27) 721894588

Posts: 382 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote