New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 alaska grizzly bear hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One baited Hunt left for last week of June.
One spot and stalk hunt open last of July/early August.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I noted some comparisons to Africa and Alaska.
About the only thing common is both locations start with an "A".
I have been to Alaska 3 times; Twice without a guide above the arctic circle. All hunts were very successful however extremely physical.
Africa was a wonderful trip but hardly physical.
When you go to Alaska you really need to go prepared. On my own ventures I went in what I thought was good shape. Less than 8% body fat @ 210 lbs. I returned home both times 10 days later 10 lbs lighter. Blisters from walking miles in burly's or hip boots. Walking and humping moose meat through endless fields of "N heads". You simply cannot describe it to anyone who has not experienced it.
It is not a cake walk! No transportation other than your two legs.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted with Jake twice (1-2) and can say its a great hunt (weather permitting Big Grin). He has the right to stipulate requirements and if you don't like it move on. If you are smoking and drinking these hunts will suck a** so why bother. I enjoy a nip now and then but plenty of time before and after. Glad I got in one another (3rd hunt) in 2019....I think...

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lucky for gunslinger I do take clients slightly uglier than myself!!! Haha yup buddy, 2019, we gonna make fur fly! Good luck in Africa in the meantime!

Master guide #212

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks buddy wish you could of taken me up on the hunt offer. Maybe next time. Hope the family is well give them my regards

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I appreciate that! Family is good. Prepping for the upcoming season.

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heck yeah its almost here again!

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had one spot for baited bear in 2020
Open back up. So currently two spots open for baited grizzly in 2020.

Master guide #212

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deadibob:
Hunting Grizz is a serious proposition. Personally for me there is nothing worse than a drunk in hunting camp. I think Jakes policies will help his business more than hurt it. Obviously he is booked until 2020.
I would hate to be a guide having to babysit a slob hunter and being responsible for them. If it were my business, I would be highly selective of who I took with me.

People can drink and not get drunk. It's a thing. As far as smoking goes, I wouldn't want to spook the bears. My guide didn't allow fires, we had a coleman stove to cook our meals in . Seemed to work we had bears right outside of our camp every night. Jake has the right to stipulate his rules, and seems like he does a great job and has a good business. We as clients get to choose who we hunt with, can choose or not choose guides who forbid drinking and smoking.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4729 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Although this is an old thread, in Maine at bear camp this year there was an idiot smoking his expensive Cuban cigars. The entire place reeked of the smoke. Since this was over bait there were a lot of seriously pissed off hunters.

Many of the hunters never saw a bear.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jake has the right to stipulate his rules, and seems like he does a great job and has a good business.

Yep. tu2 End of story Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:
Although this is an old thread, in Maine at bear camp this year there was an idiot smoking his expensive Cuban cigars. The entire place reeked of the smoke. Since this was over bait there were a lot of seriously pissed off hunters.

Many of the hunters never saw a bear.

BH63

Knowing what I do about Maine bear camps, I doubt the cigar smoke was the issue.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
^

LOL

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote