Notify
Tools

Aardvark hunt Limpopo Big Game Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Limpopo Big Game Safaris
posted
Good day Members

For the 2024 season, I have one Aardvark permit left on quota.

Anyone interested to hunt this very unique animal is welcome to contact me.
The hunt takes place in the eastern Cape province of South Africa

$2450.00 7 Days Accommodation and hunting fee
$6500.00 Trophy fee

Total Cost
$8950.00

ACCOMMODATION INCLUDES
1. The service of a licensed Professional Hunter
2. The service of trained trackers
3. The service of trained skinners
4. Hunting vehicle
5. Field preparation of trophies
6. Accommodation, Meals, soft drinks, bottled water as well as beer and wine in moderation
7. Daily laundry service

https://www.lbgsafaris.com/pictures-aardvark
https://www.lbgsafaris.com/accommodation-eastern-cape

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

Posts: 603 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
$6500 WTF did someone change the big 5 to include antbears?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
$6500 WTF did someone change the big 5 to include antbears?

Maybe you should do your homework on this type hunt and the availability of this hunt before you come with your Bull Shit comment.

Out of 7 continents in the world there is 195 countries, 54 countries in Africa, 10 Countries in Southern Africa and ONL 1 COUNTRY HAS PERMITS.
South Africa has 3 permits a year and 2 of those are already sold.

Do your homework.

Maybe you should rather stick to hunting in Wyoming.
This type of hunting is not for the Blesbuck hunters like yourself.

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

Posts: 603 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bull Shit comment.

Agreed 100%, good luck with the sale of this hunt for a very unique critter

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Damn, I thought the same thing as BWW and found humor in his comment.while I appreciate the education provided by Mr. Mostert, the way he delivered it is inexcusable and should be a dire warning to anyone tempted to do business with him. Life is too short to deal with those kinds of folks. BTW, has it really been that long ago that it was common to see these as a $500-$1000 trophy fee? Not saying they are not bringing what is offered here now, but it’s not a reach for some of us to not have realized the new dynamic?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Webster:
quote:
Bull Shit comment.

Agreed 100%, good luck with the sale of this hunt for a very unique critter

Yep! Totally uncalled for uneducated post!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Might have meant as funny by BWW but it came out wrong with the use of WTF
Good offer and rare animal for someone’s trophy room

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My goodness , gentlemen? All Bossie did was post a hunt for an apparently scarce animal/ permit/ hunt. There is no excuse for the vitriol and insult that was expressed. If you aren’t interested, then why not just ignore the post?

Posts: 355 | Location: pueblo, Co. USA | Registered: 01 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They were $500 for past 30 years, $6500 seems like you personally got them on the big 5.

Nobody can take a fucking joke anymore.

I don't normally harass people on prices, just thought this was insane.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
Maybe a fool and his money soon part!

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Brown Bear Togiak Nat'l Refuge Sep 2010
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They were $500 for past 30 years, $6500 seems like you personally got them on the big 5.

Nobody can take a fucking joke anymore.

I don't normally harass people on prices, just thought this was insane.

Show me a single permit that was issues in the past 30 years for $500.00

Ask your preferred Outfitter in Africa to arrange you a hunt for Aardvark and see what you get.

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Apparently you can shoot them in Zim as a target of opportunity for less than a $1000usd. Not sure about the ones in RSA?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this hunt for the aardvark ( anteater) or aardwolf ( hyena) ?

Posts: 1073 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Educational certainly. Never realised aardvark was licensed and so expensive!

And Bossie, BTW you may want to consider for a moment when you reply to comments that people like BWW made, that he may have been one of the AR contributors to your medical bills when your arse was busted by that buff a few years back! No need to sink to low levels.

And me for my part, I would follow you suggestion - albeit a rather FU suggestion that you made - and rather hunt plenty of blesbok for USD 6.5 k than an aardvark......

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2262 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charlie,

I have no idea, there are a lot of banged up PH's on AR, and worse than that new Widows.

Most folks with a soul have donated to gofundme pages and paypal programs. As have I.

I do not care if he was one of them or not. It would be funny if he was.

I am not on AR enough that I see every one of these situations that occur.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fortunately we are all different, with different ideas as to what constitutes a desirable trophy. If someone thinks this is an irresistible offer, fair enough!
Personally, I have seen several Aardvarks from Tanzania to Namibia and it has never entered my head to want to shoot one.
What I have learned though in 49 years of hunting in Africa is to never hunt with a quick tempered PH or one without a sense of humour.
I may have totally misjudged the man but Bossie has lost another potential client.

Posts: 296 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Problem is bww that you ARE ALL HAT AND NO CATTLE
You have done exactly one cheap package hunt in namibia 20 years ago and are always willing to be a google expert on any hunt someone is asking for advice on.One should only offer expertice on something they have actually experienced in real life themselves.She keeps yours in a lockbox and you will never be able to afford big boy hunts.
simple as that

one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw my first aardvark way back in 1977. We were driving down some long forgotten road (by me) hoping to run into a lion. And be damned but we saw an aardvark in the ditch. I had no idea what it was but Lolly Sussens told me that it was an antbear. And that they were not legal to gun.

Damn!

Many years later I was hunting on the Devuli in Zimbabwe. Back then the list of avaiable trophies was incredibly long. Everything had value. Around mid day we spotted an aardvark moseying along and I asked my lady if she was interested in shooting it?

She started to say, 'N..' and Bang! I did not give her a chance to change her mind. BOOM

Roger Whittal told me later that it would attract the most attention in my trophy room as the critters are beyond funky looking.

Ten years after that I had a little hunting camp in Namibia and had some Uruguayans as my guest. An aardvark was spotted by them and the land owner, Christie de Sousa. He wanted them to gun it and we would have eaten the varmint.

It managed to get away and probably still wanders around. Unless a leopard took him out.

The trophy fee in Zimbabwe 32 years ago was only $200 U.S. Money well spent by this aging Canadian red neck. tu2

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huntsomecats:
You have done exactly one cheap package hunt in namibia 20 years ago and are always willing to be a google expert on any hunt someone is asking for advice on.One should only offer expertice on something they have actually experienced in real life themselves.She keeps yours in a lockbox and you will never be able to afford big boy hunts.
simple as that

How fucking rude are you? BWW is a long and valued member of this site and he commented that the trophy fee is excessive compared to Buffalo for example.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post

$500 in Zim, got this at the hunting show this weekend, they are on quota so I assume there would be no issue in importing? From talking to multiple outfits, they do appear to be more difficult to get on quota in RSA.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I will say this in the hunt operators defense. If you can find the hunt cheaper elsewhere in Africa, by all means do it if it suits you. But the reason so many people have left this forum is because of all the smack written in comment on a legitimate offers. If there is nothing you're interested in or you are looking for this particular animal and find it cheaper with another outfitter, just move on... civility it seems is often is lacking here.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
simple as that

Look everyone my stalker is back. Guy has 9 post.

Here are 4 of them. https://forums.accuratereloadi...151039762#7151039762

5th one https://forums.accuratereloadi...231097952#8231097952

6th https://forums.accuratereloadi...001047142#5001047142

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
I will say this in the hunt operators defense. If you can find the hunt cheaper elsewhere in Africa, by all means do it if it suits you. But the reason so many people have left this forum is because of all the smack written in comment on a legitimate offers. If there is nothing you're interested in or you are looking for this particular animal and find it cheaper with another outfitter, just move on... civility it seems is often is lacking here.

Well written! Hear, hear!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
simple as that

Look everyone my stalker is back. Guy has 9 post.

Here are 4 of them. https://forums.accuratereloadi...151039762#7151039762

5th one https://forums.accuratereloadi...231097952#8231097952

6th https://forums.accuratereloadi...001047142#5001047142

What caused the conflict?

Posts: 11980 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwanamrm Very fair comment. I am probably not alone in having written stuff which has caused offense and later regretted having written it and apologised. Not everyone has a hide like an elephant like mine or the self confidence to shrug off personal comments. Let's have more humour, more positivity, and more civility.
I look forward to seeing the taxidermy mount of the "Orycteropus afer" sitting up and waving it's claws in a dangerously menacing manner!

Posts: 296 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

In fairness to the opening post, I have just seen a Texas blesbok add at USD 6.500/- and I kid you not dancing

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2262 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agreed but the rude response to the tongue-in-cheek comment by BWW was unnecessary

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
My friend, operators in glass houses shouldn't... ah well, you know the rest.

Why don't we let Bossie have his post back.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
My friend, operators in glass houses shouldn't... ah well, you know the rest.

Why don't we let Bossie have his post back.

Absolutely. Then we had the second poster jump all over WMM and my call was rudeness that was uncalled for and not the hunt offer.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal