New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mgmt Elephant Permit Zim, Buff Option
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have one permit available for a mgmt elephant in Zim for this season. These permits have been hard to get this year. It's a daylight hunt in a safari area, not a PAC or communal hunt. It's as close to 100% odds on a elephant hunt as you are going to find.

You (or your partner) can take/substitute an exportable buff on the same DR, trophy fee is $2600.

PG at normal price list, subject to quota.

The dates are somewhat flexible, but if you want to share charter costs three ways, plan on going in on Sept 15, coming out 22, or going in late Aug, coming out Sept 6, or going in Sept 22, coming out early Oct. Ex Vic Falls. You can fly in via Harare but then the charter (circa $2000 per plane round trip) will be 100% for your account.

Daily rate $750 1x1
Ele $2500
Buff $2600
Govt levy 2% on DR 4% on Exportable Trophies
$10 /day medevac if needed
Dip/pack $600 if exporting
HHK Chirisa Safari Area
My tel 503 263 3787

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
I don't think many here are familiar with "management" elephant hunts as opposed to PAC. Exportable elephant? Bulls? I imagine this hunt is specifically for smaller tusked bulls? Is the PH to be determined?

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a cull not a PAC. PAC is usually a nightime hunt in a cultivated land during Feb-April. This is daytime hunt in a Safari area. Not exportable, young bull or broken tusk. HHK will assign the PH.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Here's a report from my management hunt for elephant at Chirisa.

In the Cathedral of the Mopanes

When you book the hunt with Russ, I'm sure that you can request a particular P.H. if available, but HHK has a bunch of good ones!

If I hadn't already done it once this year (and wasn't headed to Chete in September), I'd certainly do it again!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
shocker 6 day hunt, shoot a trophy buff and a cull bull ele for $10,500, is my math right?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
(and wasn't headed to Chete in September)

To borrow a line from the old LAUGH IN show, I can hear the chants around the village fires in Chete tonight...."Here com da Judge, here come da Judge" !!!!!!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
6 day hunt, shoot a trophy buff and a cull bull ele for $10,500, is my math right

Not quite.

It's 7 days/7 nights. Charter will get in around 9 am on day 1, leave 9 am on day 8.

You can take EITHER an exportable buff OR a mgmt elephant 7 days, plus PG. Or you can take an ele and your partner a buff. Or you can take both, in which case the hunt duration goes to 9 days and the hunt cost incl both trophy fees goes to $12750.

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
I know you can't export PAC ele, but what's the problem with exporting mgmt ele?

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know you can't export PAC ele, but what's the problem with exporting mgmt ele?

CITES Quota is the problem

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The mgmt elephant permits are all spoken for for 2010. We still have buffalo available though and will sweeten that deal a bit given that the season is drawing to a close. How about 7 days exportable buff at $7680 incl trophy fee & levies, excl tips, taxidermy and airfare/charter? And if you "sync" with us re dates, ie charter in from VFA on Sept 15 charter out on Sept 22, the charter cost will be $550 round trip.

posted Hide Post
Geez thats a good price. I'd sure like to go out there again, just bad timing Mad

Posts: 24 | Location: Beaumont, Texas | Registered: 14 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The dates Sept 22-29 are now also spoken for. We can still do a 7 day buff/PG hunt for you, with a break on the charter, but the date windows would now need to be going in on Sept 15, coming out 22, or going in late Aug, coming out Sept 6, or going in Sept 29 coming out circa Oct 6-9.