Find
Notify
Tools

Guided Seaduck hunts offered
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jackduckhunter
posted
Gentlemen, and ladies, please accept my invitation to join me on a guided Seaduck hunt off the Massachusetts coast. Below are the details of what I offer and I hope in advance I've met all the criteria for posting here. If I err in any way please let me know and I'll fix it immediately.

I am the owner/operator of Coastline Guide Service in Southeastern Massachusetts. My name is Capt. Jack Renfrew, 760 Plymouth St., Middleboro, Ma. 02346. Phone is 508-923-9400

Pricing for these hunts is $350/person/day but as I'm fairly new here I'd like to extend a discount to all AR members which will bring your cost to $300/person/day.

We will hunt for all three species of scoters; (Common, White Winged, and Surf) as well as Oldsquaw and Eider. We also target Brant as well as a number of other divers and puddle ducks if that is your desire.

The dates available are Mid October through Late January subject to availability and we will be hunting in Southeastern Massachusetts.

I am the sole guide and it will be myself who will accompany you on the hunts.

Included in the price above is my services which include transportation to and from the hunting area, as well as the boat services used in conjunction with our hunt. The hunter will be responsible for transportation to the local motel or airport which I will be happy to provide airport pickup/dropoff if desired. You'll also be responsible for your own personal gear and ammunition as well as meals during your stay. I have special rates at local motels and can assist in pointing you in the right direction for meals depending on your preferences in that area.

My website is www.CoastlineGuideService.com and there's plenty of pictures and other information on there but I do hope that what I've posted here gives an idea of what I offer. I can also provide references should you desire.

Thanks and looking forward to hosting some of you this season and in the future.

Capt. Jack Renfrew

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service
www.CoastlineGuideService.com

Posts: 110 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 21 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Disclaimer: other than our personal friendship, I am not affiliated with Coastline in any way, shape or form, and have no interest, financial or otherwise, in Jack's business.

That said, I've been a member of AR for a bunch of years (previous login got whacked in an upgrade years ago), and like to think a few folks here know I am adamant about certain things--and getting a proper shake for your money is one. I've hunted with Jack hundreds of times over the past decade or so, and he is as good as a guide that anyone could ever hope to have.

So, IMNSHO, for the kind of hunts he specializes in here, Jack's about the best there is. He ain't much to look at, but I guarantee he'll get clients on birds, and is a knowledgable and safety-minded sportsman. He's also been known to make me laugh so hard I about bust a shoulder strap on my waders. Wink

Anyway, I recommend him 100%, for whatver that's worth.

Jack, I mentioned to LDK that he might want to mention our split season for brant here, for those that wanted to get out for them. A link to the MA DFW in your post might be helpful.

Cheers,

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks KG however I must take offense to the "he's not much to look at" part of the post. Sure I may only appeal to a tiny percentage of the populace but the same can be said for $3 million dollar homes!!

Anyway............much thanks. and I'll add a link as you suggest.

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

Posts: 110 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 21 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Link to Mass Wildlife bird regs

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen shows of guys hunting Seaducks.
That'll get the pucker factor pinging quick.

Hope you book out and have a great season.

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
You know, I need to be in New Castle, New Hampshire from Jan 17-19 next year. What's the hunting like during that timeframe? What species would primarily be targeted that time of year?

Thanks,

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I'll let Jack answer the details, but for me, hunting MA and NH, it's my favorite time of year to hunt waterfowl. Seaduck hunting is strong right until the end of the season...

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Graybird, that time of year we've got plenty of birds around, loads and loads of Eider and Oldsquaw and still scoters as well. It'll be cold that's a for certain thing and there are depending on the year some icing issues but we've been doing this a long time and work around that.

In short, the hunting is great and birds plentiful.

Hope to have you aboard.

Jack

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello all, I've gotten a bunch of inquiries regarding my equipment, and types of birds we target so I figured I'd add a few photos showing my boat, a 21' Ocean by Duckwater Boats, as well as some of the seaducks and other waterfowl we target.

Enjoy.....

Gunner at work....

Pair of trophy black ducks

Good Brant Hunt with some bonus birds

Eider and White Winged Scoter drakes

Beautiful Drake Oldsquaw

The Scoter Slam!

Atlantic Brant.....on the rocks...

There's others we get out here as well, and at latest count we've taken 28 species of waterfowl.

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Wow Jack, that boat is wild. Any chance we could just provision up and take her out pirate hunting instead? Smiler

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:
Wow Jack, that boat is wild. Any chance we could just provision up and take her out pirate hunting instead? Smiler

Absolutely! knife

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the shows I was had a main boat that towed what looked like canoes. A spread was put out and the guys hunted out of the canoes??

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BearCountry953
posted Hide Post
I also have spent a lot of time with Jack and you would look long and hard to find someone with his knowledge of waterfowl. If it is something you have considered take advantage of some of his openings because when I call he is always full...hey why is that????? Seriously Jack is the real thing.

Posts: 97 | Location: USA Massachusetts | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lde:
One of the shows I was had a main boat that towed what looked like canoes. A spread was put out and the guys hunted out of the canoes??

Sounds like a layout hunt to me, not canoes but layout boats.

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BearCountry953:
I also have spent a lot of time with Jack and you would look long and hard to find someone with his knowledge of waterfowl. If it is something you have considered take advantage of some of his openings because when I call he is always full...hey why is that????? Seriously Jack is the real thing.

Thanks my friend........I guess I'll have to find some openings for you now!

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
PM sent

PM Sent back

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Not this season, but I am bookmarking your site for next season!

Always wanted to hunt seaducks as it seems to be a totally different hunt compared to what we do down here.

What is the closest airport? Closest airport that Southwest flies into? Avg motel cost, per night?

thanks

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duckear:
Not this season, but I am bookmarking your site for next season!

Always wanted to hunt seaducks as it seems to be a totally different hunt compared to what we do down here.

What is the closest airport? Closest airport that Southwest flies into? Avg motel cost, per night?

thanks

Hi Duckear.

Boston Mass. Logan Airport or Providence RI TF Green are the closest.

I have special rates for my hunters/anglers here locally at $79/night this year vs. their normal $125.

Just posted in the bird shooting forum........go check out the pics.......pretty awesome right now!! Looking forward to hosting you when you're able.

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's the take from today. Some opens dates and hunting with results like this await you!

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service