THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Cameroon -- Lord Derby and or Lion Hunt (Now Discounted)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cameroon -- Lord Derby and or Lion Hunt (Now Discounted)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Lord Derby Eland Hunt

This hunt is now 16.800 Euros for Giant Eland and one other species from Class A. If you wish to hunt lion and 1 other class A the price is 24.000 Euros.

Open dates:

16th February/ 2nd march
27th February/ 13th march
13th may/ 27 may

12 days 1x1, 19.200. You can also take one other animal from Class A (no lion)

If you wish to upgrade to Lion + Eland the price is 27.000 euros.

Includes:
English speaking white PH and team
Pick up from Ngaoundere or Garoua
Meals
All Drinks (except champagne)

Does not include:
Big game hunting license 1000
Hotels
Travel
Meals outside camp
Dip and Pack (600 euros)
Shipment of trophies
Visa
Gun permit
Hunting insurance
Flights
Trophy fees (see below)

Trophy fees:

CLASS A
Eland 3.000
Buffalo 1.300
Roan 1.500
Hippo 1.500
Lion 3.500

CLASS B
Western Hartebeest 500
Kob 350
Sing sing waterbuck 600
Nagor reedbuck 350
harnessed bushbuck 350
baboon 150
oribi 200
duikers (red flanked and bush) 200
hyena 500
warthog 350
bush pig 300
python 350

Available dates: From 26 February to 13th March
From 12th May to 27th May

Another AR member did this same hunt this year so you can talk to him about his experience.

Getting there: From Paris, fly to Douala spend the night and fly the next day to Ngaoundere or Garoua. You will be assisted with gun clearing when you arrive in Douala.

The chance of shooting an Eland is close to 100%, but be prepared for some long marches. It is a very nice comfortable camp and there is lots of game in the area.

If you are interested in a lion, this is one of the best concessions for lion in Cameroon, success rate is 75%. The lions are hunted by calling and tracking, no baiting allowed in Cameroon. Lions are the West African species so typically do not have very big manes.

With the problems in CAR, Cameroon is the last viable place where one can hunt Giant Eland. If you have one on your bucket list don't delay, opportunities to hunt these magnificent antelope are going fast.

Despite all the advice of AR "armchair experts" there is no Ebola or Boko Haram problems in the area. I have clients hunting in Burkina as we speak and other hunters going to Cameroon in January as well.

Thanks for looking.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
USA
Tel: 845 259 3628
email: arjun@huntersnetworks.com

Dallas Safari Club booth # 3643

Posts: 2539 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just wondering - does the 19200 include the Eland trophy fee? This is not clear.

Cheers
MG

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Matt,

No it does not. Trophy fees are all on top. I think you will find this price about $10k cheaper than what you will typically find on the floor at the hunting shows.

Cheers

Arjun

Posts: 2539 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So,

you are saying that it will cost me more than $30,000 American for the privilege of looking at these animals, and thousands more in case I shoot one or both?

Good Luck with your booking.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
So,

you are saying that it will cost me more than $30,000 American for the privilege of looking at these animals, and thousands more in case I shoot one or both?

Rich,

That's what the hunts cost. Don't like it move on by. If you want to continue this conversation start a thread elsewhere.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone who has price this hunt out before can see this is a great price for this hunt.It is a dream hunt one day but out of my price range right now.I have seen offers for lord derby eland more then twice this amount.
Great offer for the right guy.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrettAKSCI:
quote:
So,

Rich,

That's what the hunts cost. Don't like it move on by. If you want to continue this conversation start a thread elsewhere.

Brett

At least he finally figured out how to convert Euros to USDs. Roll Eyes

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrettAKSCI:
quote:
So,

Rich,

Brett

+1

Let the gentleman sell his hunt - he has meet all the requirements for posting on the forum.

Don't like the price - Don't need to buy.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
Hello Matt,

No it does not. Trophy fees are all on top. I think you will find this price about $10k cheaper than what you will typically find on the floor at the hunting shows.

Cheers

Arjun
Thanks - I was really just curious as it is a hunt I would like to do one day... if I win the lottery (it's bugger, I dont gamble though!!). You probably should put 'trophy fees' in the exclusions, to be more clear mate.

Cheers
Matt

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The fact is that this deal is excellent. For about 40k, you can get a lion, LDE and several animals from the B list. Of course, nothing is ever guaranteed but the chance is there and that is all you can ever ask for.

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Limpopo Big Game Safaris
posted Hide Post
This is a high priced hunt to start with.
But the offer posted is excellent priced.

Do some research on the same type of hunt with anyone else and you would be surprised.

Well priced and hope you sell plenty Arjun

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

Posts: 603 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely priced below any Tanz or, possibly, Zim equivalent hunt.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
Absolutely priced below any Tanz or, possibly, Zim equivalent hunt.

Dutch

Yep!

Posts: 7769 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have just been informed that there some dates have opened up:

16th February/ 2nd march
27th February/ 13th march
13th may/ 27 may

this hunt is now 16.800 Euros for Giant Eland and one other species from Class A, as listed above. If you wish to hunt lion and 1 other class A the price is 24.000 Euros.

The February dates are PRIME dates for Eland. They just finished up an eland and buffalo hunt in 1 week!

With the low exchange rate this is an unbeatable price. Apart from some areas in CAR, where they may be doing Eland hunts this year, Cameroon is the only place left on earth to hunt Giant Eland. Go now while you still can, with the problems in neighboring Nigeria things could change in Cameroon also! Don't put off this hunt.

Thanks for looking.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
USA
Tel: 845 259 3628
email: arjun@huntersnetworks.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With the Euro at a 11 year low this is a crazy deal! I hope someone can do it.