Find
Notify
Tools

Jicarilla Apache Res Late Elk Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello:

My name is Jim Welles. I own and operate JFW Ranch Consulting, LLC, 10600 Eagle Rock Ave, Albuquerque, NM 87122. Our phone number is 505.294.7861. I have been a registered outfitter in NM for 16 years.

My wife and I purchased a Jicarilla Apache Late Season Bull hunt with intent on hunting ourselves Dec 11-15, the first hunt during the late hunt timeframe. We have cussed and discussed the hunt and her going on it and have come to the agreement that if we can sell it at the auction price we paid ($4,400) at the SFW banquet we would... and if we didn't, we'd go. The hunt normally sells at $5,500. The hunt requires a hunter to pay for the tribal guide, $1,250, (Keith Manuel) and does not include meals and lodging. From my understanding from folks that have been on the hunt it is a quality hunt with opportunity at lots of bulls in the 270-300 range and a few opportunities at 300+ up to 340ish and maybe bigger.

On top of this, a crew with Adventure Bound TV will be filming for a TV show. You will be required to sign releases to allow for the airing of the show.

The proceeds of this hunt went to The Childrens Outdoor Adventure Foundation.

Please let me know if you have interest in the hunt via PM or call me on my cell at 505.967.6562.

Thank you. Jim Welles

Posts: 846 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 18 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need to clarify that this is (1) one bull hunt, not 2. I am sorry for the confusion. Our intent was to Our intent was to buy this for her. She was good to go until we talked about the weather potential and the fact it was to be filmed. She'd rather go to Maui.....gezzz what messed up priorites, eh.

Posts: 846 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 18 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can vouch for Mr. Manuel. He's a stand up guy, and a great hunter. This will be a great time for someone.

Andy