New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon in Harare
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know if there is a place in Harare where one can purchase bourbon prior to departing for camp. SBT and I will be hunting with Nixon Dzingai in October. Both of us enjoy bourbon and were wondering if we would need to take some with us, buy it in Joberg at the duty free or could we purchase it in Harare.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would get it in Joberg as most things are scarce in Zim. I purchased my Scotch in Joberg and if memory serves me correctly you can take 2 ltr per person into Zim., I think that is what I recalled being told in the duty free store as they know what each country will allow. Now you make sure SBT has a good time, eh. thumb

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bourbon is usually a scarce beverage in Africa. I finally had to switch to Scotch, although the Nairobi Intercon had some. One bottle, IIRC.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
If you truly enjoy bourbon, as I do, you should take your own.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Duty Free Liquor store in the jo'berg airport is very good.

You can take 2 liters in to Zim.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote