THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Leaving out of Dulles on the 28th

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaving out of Dulles on the 28th
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We will be leaving out of Dulles on the 28th, two friends and I. First for all three of us to go over, only NA previously. Should be a wild time since we like to have a good time. Anyone else leaving on that date? I know it will be hot but gonna give it a go anyways.

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Have a great time. The only problem with going to Africa the first time is it's addictive. I remember when I went on my first trip which I said would be a once in a lifetime trip. This past May I made my 10th trip across the pond.

If you and your friends haven't already secured a prescription for Ambien (sleeping pill) make sure you get some for the long flight. For most folks it's the only way to get some sleep in the cramped plane.

Here's a few other travel trips:

Pack a complete change of hunting clothes in your carryon bag in case your luggage is delayed. Also pack slippers in that bag which you will wear on the plane.

Travel in a set of clothes that would be suitable for hunting including your boots. Once on the plane change your boots to the aforementioned slippers. This way you'll have two sets of hunting clothes if bags get delayed/lost.

Split up your ammo with your friends in your checked luggage. That way everyone will have some ammo if something happens with you luggage on the way over.

Don't put any valuable items in your checked luggage. Keep all valuables in your carry on. There are quite a few sticky fingers in Joberg.

Pack your ammo in a locked container in your luggage in case someone from SAA makes you check it separately. Cabela's, Dicks and even Harbor Freight sell plastic ammo cases that work fine.

Have a great time and take lots of pictures.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2294 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote