THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Emirates vs Qatar for Business Class into Maun

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Emirates vs Qatar for Business Class into Maun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking at a hunt Botswana. As far as cost goes, it looks like the best business class options into Maun are Emirates and Qatar.

I've flown Emirates several times, but never Qatar. Both options are via J'berg.

How does Qatar Airways compare to Emirates??

Thanks!!

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1288 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
There is no comparison Brad. Qatar Q-Suites is the best business class in the air bar none.

Mike

Posts: 21222 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Jines said and I would book early. I booked Qatar BC in November for a TZ hunt this August, $8200. A good friend of mine just looked into a Qatar flight to TZ in July, 15K and we are both flying out of George Bush.

Posts: 1792 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Also, even if you use an agent that specializes in travel with guns, be sure to check on line sources like Expedia and PriceLine. I booked a flight for May last month. The initial quotes were $7000-8000, some as high as $12,000. I looked on line and saw significantly lower fares advertised. Going back to the agent I learned that some of the flights listed on places like Expedia and PriceLine are flights that were bought in bulk for resale. An agent cannot always see those flights on Saber or the other booking systems. Patrick was able to take the information I gave him and make a few changes and my fare ended up being $5300 for business class on Qatar booked four months out. I still strongly recommend using a group like PWP and the service charge they assess is well worth it for all the assistance with firearms, changes, etc. but think it is wise to check the on line sites too given my experience this year and the limitations of booking systems most agents use.

Mike

Posts: 21222 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I have flown both. The Food, Service and Snacks are better on Emirates. I am not a fan of the Q-suite. I find the leg room in the Q too short and I am only 5"8". I actually prefer the Regular B seat on Qatar. BTW, the BA Suite has more leg room. I do like that I collect BA Avios for the Qatar flights. If you are going to fly Qatar, make sure you have no code-share flights (Airlink) or you are screwed with guns.

Also, Qatar uses at IAH Air France/KLM and AA Flagship at DFW.

Posts: 754 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Also, even if you use an agent that specializes in travel with guns, be sure to check on line sources like Expedia and PriceLine. I booked a flight for May last month. The initial quotes were $7000-8000, some as high as $12,000. I looked on line and saw significantly lower fares advertised. Going back to the agent I learned that some of the flights listed on places like Expedia and PriceLine are flights that were bought in bulk for resale. An agent cannot always see those flights on Saber or the other booking systems. Patrick was able to take the information I gave him and make a few changes and my fare ended up being $5300 for business class on Qatar booked four months out. I still strongly recommend using a group like PWP and the service charge they assess is well worth it for all the assistance with firearms, changes, etc. but think it is wise to check the on line sites too given my experience this year and the limitations of booking systems most agents use.

Mike gives excellent advice here, where he says “I still strongly recommend using a group like PWP and the service charge they assess is well worth it…”. He’s spot on.

Just yesterday, I arrived home from Cameroon a day later than originally booked. CamAir changed our return flight from Garoua to Doula from 3:00 PM to 10:30 PM; causing all six people who were flying home to re-schedule their departures from Doula to the next day. There were three of us in that group who were hunting and returning to the USA; all of whom had used Shawn Kennedy of Gracy Travel. The others were Africans flying home to Namibia and South Africa. Us three Americans each called Gracy and within 60 minutes of our calls for assistance we had new flights booked the next day. It cost each of us extra $$ and two of us got pushed to the back of the plane, but we all got out of the shithole that is Doula. I was flying Turkish Airlines and the other two were Air France.

This is the 2nd time my travel agent has saved the day when plans to get home suddenly changed due to circumstances beyond my control. Whether you go through PWP, Gracy, TWG or Travel Express, the fee they charge is well worth it, especially when alternate flights need to be scheduled on short notice.

Final comment…. If you ever hunt Cameroon, schedule your departure out of DLA a day after you are supposed to arrive from Garoua on CamAir. I was told, after the fact, that what happened to us isn’t that unusual.

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Cam Air is a joke. When I flew aIr France from Yaoundé to Paris a few years ago, while waiting in the check in line, I perused the Cam Air departure board at the counter next door. Two thirds of the outbound flights were cancelled or significantly delayed as well as most of the inbound flights…. Locals call in Can Air, as in cancelled. Eeker

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
There is no comparison Brad. Qatar Q-Suites is the best business class in the air bar none.

Yep. That is correct however both are very good in Business. No issues with either....

Posts: 10164 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Q-suit is not available on all flights.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66985 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote