THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    I Wanted To Share My Experience Travelling On Cheap Airlines Within Europe!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Wanted To Share My Experience Travelling On Cheap Airlines Within Europe!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
We did quite a bit of travelling this summer in Europe, and if one wanted direct flights to his chosen destinations, the choice was between Ryan Air or Easy Jet.

I must admit that I was not looking forward to this, from all the horror stories I have heard about both airlines.

We paid to have pre-allocated seats, bought extra luggage allowance.

We weighed all our luggage to meet what we have paid for - I do that every time we gravel, regardless of what airline we are on, or what class we are travelling.

Check in went without a hitch - in fact, the Ryan Air check in man was very pleasant, and joked with us about our bags being just right.

Now, the eye opener came on the plane - and this applies to both Ryan Air and Easy Jet.

The staff were extremely pleasant, were smiling all the time, and ACTUALLY WERE HELPING PASSENGERS put their bags in the over head luggage compartments!!

In flight service was very good, except one has to pay for what one had.

Seeing this, after suffering - yes, suffering - the total lack of indifference one gets while travelling on Lufthansa and SAS Business Class - was quite an opener!

In the past, travelling on Lufthansa Business Class. Our seats were occupied by someone else. Talking to the stewardess was like talking to a brick wall! She just looked at me like I did not exist!

I had to insist that passenger move to his seat, and vacate mine!

Again, on Lufthansa, travelling Business Class. Just before boarding the plane, they were collecting all carry on bags and putting them on a trolley to be put in the hold!!??

I refused to give them my bag, saying I have my computer and cameras and there is no way I will have it put in the hold!

They did let me take it on board.

No such hassle with either Ryan Air or Easy Jet. No one even bothered check the weight of our carry bags!!

From now one, there is no way in hell that we will travel on any of the major airlines within Europe!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67028 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Saeed: We traveled all over Europe last summer (2104) on Ryan Air and had the same treatment that you had. We were pleasantly surprised and the prices were right! tu2 I haven't flown Easy Jet. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't remember if it Ryan or EasyJet, but one of them (half seriously) proposed putting pay toilets on their planes to raise revenue. They tend to use smaller / regional / out-the-way airports ... which can be both good and bad.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
ftbt: We flew in and out of all of the major airports on Ryan Air. Might be EasyJet. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have flown on Ryan Air quite a bit. Good experiences every time.

Posts: 7769 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The thing is their seats are no worse that what other airlines offer as BUSINESS CLASS!!??

It really is a joke travelling Business Class on any major airlines within Europe - at leas that has been my experience.

The seats are the same size as economy, but what they do is block the center seat - so passengers sit on the outside two seats of a 3 seat setup!

Frankly, this much worse of a rip off than Ryan Air trying to charge for using the toilet.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67028 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Couldn't agree with you more.
Have travelled with both in the last four months and so long as your luggage was within the pre paid weight limit and you checked in at the right gate, the journey was at least as pleasant as any with the "major" airlines.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote