New
Find
Notify
Tools

JNB Lounge
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a 5 hour layover in Johannesburg this June. Is there a lounge available and how much per person? Thx

Posts: 87 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of BulletBehavior
posted Hide Post
LeftCoast, which airline are you flying with? There are several lounges available for business class passengers sponsored by each airline.

If I know which airline I can tell you where to find their lounge.

The exceptional PH is that one who uses his exceptional knowledge and experience to prevent situations where he needs to display his exceptional shooting skill to save your life.

Posts: 20 | Location: 80 Km north west of Pretoria, South Africa | Registered: 30 March 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I am also curious about the answer for this for a COACH fare customer.

I believe I saw something where you could purchase a pass for $35 per person.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve been going to the Bidvest Lounge the last several years. I believe it was about $35. Well worth the money. Lots of different foods and drinks.
I got my monies worth!

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m flying Delta to ATL. Traveling via economy seats but will gladly pay for club access.

Posts: 87 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on bidvest lounge

Posts: 76 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+2 for the Bidvest Lounge. $35 sounds about right from memory. Included in admission cost are bathrooms where you can take a shower to freshen up. I used the shower once and the shower tray filled up a bit due to water being slow to drain. Food and drink is plentiful. Bidvest is conveniently located also. Other airline lounges are available where you can purchase entry without being an airline club member. I made front desk enquiries at a couple of these but they were more spendy than Bidvest.

If memory serves I had to show my Boarding Pass to Bidvest. I think they admit you only within 4 hours of your flight time.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2021 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Do you have to pay in advance for the Bidvest lounge or just arrive and provide your credit card? A shower before the flight sounds welcomed.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to the Bidvest front desk and pay there. My Visa credit card was fine.
Once I looked into pre purchasing a pass via Bidvests website and emailed an enquiry. Never got a reply. I assumed they don't monitor emails and probably prefer people to pay at point of entry.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2021 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
Bidvest lounge still the lounge of choice for bit of layover?

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 926 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote