Find
Notify
Tools

Emirates from Dallas
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
I've just been doing some daydreaming and see that Emirates has a nonstop Dallas-Dubai flight, with an easy connection to Cape Town. I can only afford economy, but I would love to fly Emirates economy, as I'll bet it is the best out there.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16419 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good luck with emirates. delta from dfw to jo'berg is only 15 hours

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
DDR: Actually, seeing Dubai from the air and spending a 20-hour layover in the heart of the Middle East really sounds fun to me.
But then, I never quite got over seeing "Lawrence of Arabia" in first release when I was a 9-year-old ...
Cool

– John Green, author

Posts: 16419 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ddrhook,

How can it be 15 hours from DFW to Joburg when it's 18 hours from Washington DC?

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Nonstop versus One Stop.

Mike

Posts: 21269 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Hooker, you've let out the clutch on your fingers before your brain was in gear.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
excuse me for not having the flight time down to the min.i was not looking at my ticket at the time I posted the estimated time from memory (19h 55m minus 2h 37m Layover)=17hrs 18min flight time on delta from dfw.
Bill
I enjoyed that flight the first time the air port in Dubai is beautiful but after the screwing I took from emirates the second time i flew with them I will never fly them again.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well Hook, do tell. I am about to pull the trigger on buying three tickets for their flight from DFW to Johanasburg. What was the problem?
Les

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not had any problems with Delta great service checking in with rifle was a breeze.
when I flew to Dubia i was told i would get a comp. room with my flight since it was a overnight layover. so I get there with my voucher in hand an I'm told soooooo sorry we have NO rooms left. BUTTTTTTTTT if you have 285 dollars we have a very nice room. They screwed me once they will never get a chance to do that again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To All
I had a great flight and very nice accommodations flying with Emirates.
But it stops there!!!
They confiscated my buddies gun on the way to Tanzania.(Took over 6 months to get it back it was rusted and the scope was trashed).They took another buddies ammo.
On my return trip they took my scopes out of my carry on. Had to go thru hours of waiting and interrogation in the police office. Got them back in Houston.
Good flight just don't take firearms and tell them you hunting.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Elk: I am very sorry to hear this. I'm one of those loonies who actually enjoys air travel on its merits. But worrying about hunting equipment arriving safely would eliminate all the fun of flying Emirates on a hunting trip.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guy's
I need to clear something up.
It is not the airline by itself that the problem
Its the Dubai Police and there custom agents
that have all these issues. Then it filters to the airline.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never had trouble with police or customs I took my leg off and they we in one hell of a hurry to get me out of there rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Stopping over in Dubai is not as much fun as you would think. Did it once, never again.
You can only do so much in an airport.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote