New
Find
Notify
Tools

Global Entry taking forever
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My wife let her global entry expire. She filled out her application in February and still doesn't have conditional approval. Has anyone else run into this?

Posts: 411 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 28 February 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Mine expired during Covid. When I reapplied it only took a couple of months.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12545 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I filed an Application a couple months ago and have not heard back yet.

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
I just received notification that mine had been renewed. Mine expired during covid and I applied for renewal last January…. I had basically said screw it and wasn’t going to bother any further… but it finally came thru..

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
I sent in my renewal in March and have not received anything at this time.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1576 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
I sent in my renewal in March and have not received anything at this time.

Have you checked your online trusted traveler account? My daughter just renewed and was conditionally approved in a couple of days. She has to get a new photo for her card.

Posts: 754 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Yes I just checked and,

My application is "Pending Review".

it has been stuck there for a while.

waiting for conditional approval.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1576 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have been told that if you have submitted a renewal your global entry will now expire 2 years after submittal. Is this true?

Formally Bwana1.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Mine expired in October and I have been able to up load it to the new Global entry app.

I just needed to put in my passport information and global entry number and take a current photo and every thing appears to be working.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just received my new card 13 months after applying for a renewal.

Posts: 87 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I reapplied after letting ours lapse for 3ish months. She was approved in weeks. I took 5 months.

DSC
SCI Life
NRA Life
WSF Life <1 Club

Posts: 177 | Location: Bitterroot Valley, MT | Registered: 02 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My birthday was Thursday, so I applied for renewal the first day I was eligible (Friday).

I received notification yesterday (Saturday) that I was approved.

Husband is applying for renewal January 23rd, I will let you know how long his takes.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9370 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder thread. Our GE expires in October and November 2024 so we just applied for the renewal today. Without this thread it would not have been on our radar.

Cheers
J&J

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I received my new Global Entry card today.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I reapplied in 3/23. To date, I have no response.

I have been using Mobile Passport Control as an alternative. It has been helpful.

Posts: 11974 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The variability in timeframe from person to person is really mind-boggling.

Just before Christmas, I submitted my application (first time applying). Two days later I got conditional approval and was able to schedule my interview for January which was completed. Today I was approved.

I’m very happy I got approved so quickly but feel for those who’ve been waiting a long time.

"The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching". - John Wooden

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

I have been using Mobile Passport Control as an alternative. It has been helpful.

You go to countries the government suspects of shenanigans! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Husband applied for renewal January 23rd, he received notification yesterday evening he had been approved.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

You go to countries the government suspects of shenanigans! clap

Posts: 11974 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
You go to countries the government suspects of shenanigans!

I've often wondered that...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7530 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Mr Larry,

I have no idea what is holding up your application. Probably was placed in file #13, right next to mine.

I keep checking weekly on my application and it appears to be stuck in the system and not moving.

When my application hits the year mark I will go down to the Custom's office to see what I need to do for it to move forward.

Probably stuck because I used my Cabela's card to pay for the renewal on line.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going to wait until a year has passed before I do anything.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Probably stuck because I used my Cabela's card to pay for the renewal on line.

There could be some truth to that based recent news reporting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36617 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Got an email I was approved today! It probably took six months but I didn't have to go in for an interview. Hoping for good news and some luck for others still in the queue!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7530 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alright alright!!

Posts: 148 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wife applied for our renewals in January last year. She got hers back by March and mine didn’t get approved until right before Christmas. The only difference in our travel was that I had been to Turkey and Kazakhstan without her. Oh, and I usually am traveling with a rifle.

DRSS

Posts: 625 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Still no word for me after 6 Months?

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mrs.Surefire here. I had my interview on Jan.16th for my initial Global Entry card at DIA (Colorado). I received my card today in the mail! Very surprised it arrived so quickly!

Posts: 2591 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Applied for renewal 11/15/23. Approved today…

Formally Bwana1.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Joyce and I applied for our renewals on the same day. Hers was approved in a week. And her card came two weeks later.

Mine is still in review. Our foreign travel is identical.

She is loving the ability to tell everyone I’m requiring further investigation.

rotflmo

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Mine also expired during Covid, whatever that timeframe might be because it seems it may be back.

I don’t believe it took more than 3-4 months. The website indicated I was approved and no further need for a second interview.

I didn’t have imminent travel plans, so I wasn’t going to gripe. Prior to GE, I had been “detained” upon re-entry twice without explanation. Once was over two hours in Miami and nearly missed my connecting flight.

GE certainly helps as long as the carriers note it on your itinerary/ticket.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called today to check. They said the wait time was 11 months. They said if someone happened to get approval in less time, that is normal.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
11 months you say.

When I applied 11 months ago they said it would be 4 to 6 months. And seeing as I could not travel it was ok with me. however, I am nearing the end of my do not fly (per my doctors) I was thinking it would come in handy if something pops up that I would like to do.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I forgot that I also had my immigration attorney colleague inquire about my issues pre and post GE. I have a redress number and all that. I didn’t mean to raise hell, but it wasn’t noted on my itinerary. In that case, it’s useless. Part of it was sharing my father’s name.

It works now and is definitely worth the cost, as compared to frustrations and whatnot of international travel.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
It may take ‘forever’ to get Global Entry but it sure is a breeze to use. I arrived yesterday at SFO, back home from Cameroon. From the time I walked up to the Global Entry terminal, to handing my passport to Customs Officer and answering his question and walking out might have taken 2 minutes, but probably less.

It took longer to type this than to use Global Entry.

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made a formal inquiry. This is what I got back:

Thank you for contacting the CBP Traveler Communications Center.

Please review the information below and reply directly to this email if this general information does not resolve your inquiry.

We are currently experiencing high demand and processing volumes. Processing times vary by applicant, but on average you can expect your application to be processed as follows:
• GE: 13-14 months
• SENTRI: up to 2 years
• NEXUS: 16-18 months

These are average times. Unfortunately, we cannot anticipate a date of completion for your specific application at this time.

All applicants should check the Trusted Traveler Program website (https://ttp.dhs.gov/) periodically for updates or status of their application.

Additionally, If you submit a renewal application before your membership expires, you will be able to continue to use benefits after your membership expiration date. We recommend that you print out a copy of your pending renewal to show the Customs and Border Protection

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
I made a formal inquiry. This is what I got back:

Thank you for contacting the CBP Traveler Communications Center.

Please review the information below and reply directly to this email if this general information does not resolve your inquiry.

We are currently experiencing high demand and processing volumes. Processing times vary by applicant, but on average you can expect your application to be processed as follows:
• GE: 13-14 months
• SENTRI: up to 2 years
• NEXUS: 16-18 months

These are average times. Unfortunately, we cannot anticipate a date of completion for your specific application at this time.

All applicants should check the Trusted Traveler Program website (https://ttp.dhs.gov/) periodically for updates or status of their application.

Additionally, If you submit a renewal application before your membership expires, you will be able to continue to use benefits after your membership expiration date. We recommend that you print out a copy of your pending renewal to show the Customs and Border Protection

Good Morning Larry,

I am right at 1 year this week. I will check with the local customs office the end of April.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I am flying to Egypt in a Month and still no word on Global Entry?

posted Hide Post
My Global Entry was set to expire this summer.

Somehow missed the expiration date until preparing for our trip to South Africa in September.

Wifey submitted my renewal on 7 April. Received email notification of conditional approval on 8 April.

Received my new Global Entry card on 18 April.

Don't know how this timeframe occurred so well in my favor, but I'll take it.

Posts: 8 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 23 August 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
I just received an e-mail that my global entry and TSA pre check was approved.

printed the notice to place with my passport.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>