Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OR Tambo Meet and Greet
 Login/Join

posted
There seem to be a number of "Meet and Greet" services at OR Tambo airport. Is there much to choose between them in terms of price and service provided?

Posts: 36 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stubbleduck,

Gracy Travel's on the ground VIP meet/greet service is nearly impossible to beat at O.R. Tembo. Someone will meet you on the jet-way as you arrive, whisk you thru customs and help gather your luggage. They then will take you to the airport Police station where a Gracy employee will be waiting with your guns. No long lines to deal with.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12865 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've always used Rifle Permits. Service is outstanding and everything goes very smooth and quick.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Gracy Travel's meet and greet or for Africa Sky's meet and greet. I've tried most of the others, but Gracy and Africa Sky are the best in my book.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
last year we used Africa Sky for rifle permits and the meet and greet and it was great. this year we used Mr X from Afton House and he was also great, so you can do no wrong with any of the people jus t sit back and enjoy the ride

Posts: 197 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
I have used Gracy's meet and greet and use the VIP package.

Best money spent on the trip according to my wife.

and as mentioned some are better than others

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1572 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:

Bruce is #1.

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana1:
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:

Bruce is #1.

Another YES for Bruce and crew.. The Joberg team is great and worth the small cost!!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I've used Gracy's service many times. Bruce is the mayor of Tambo airport! Used their service for my last trip into Cape Town and out of JNB. He can get you thru lines quickly when leaving!

One time I did everything on my own and Bruce saw me (and remembered me) and still gave me the red carpet even though I hadn't signed up that trip. Which BTW was an interesting trip because it got delayed a month due to elephant permits. I didn't do any preclearance on my rifles, showed up at SAPS with my paperwork - 5 minutes tops, done.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
A month ago, going thru passport control in JNB the passport officer gave my boarding pass to someone else. It was crowded and a lot of confusion. Bruce’s lady helper took care of this and I had a new boarding pass in 10 minutes. Would have been a real problem without her help!

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I used Rifle Permits in 2016 and 2019 and the same guy greeted me at the jetway both times and recognized me.

Very efficient people.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A vote for Africa Sky here. Gilbert was great at meeting, spent the night at Africa Sky, returned to airport in am and everything was seamless and punctual. highly recommend!

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
One time I did everything on my own and Bruce saw me (and remembered me) and still gave me the red carpet even though I hadn't signed up that trip.

Had the very same thing happen to me a few years back! Bruce came over and still assisted me even though I had not signed up for it, and for that he received a $100 tip. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I was unaware of the Gracy service despite using them for my travel.

I hired riflepermits.com. My flight from IAD to JHB was delayed something like 6 hours. We missed our connection to PE. The RP rep took over for us. He went to SAA and made them reschedule for the morning, arrange free lodging and transport. It’s highly unlikely I would’ve had that success.

Oh, he did a great job clearing the guns.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote