THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Dutch Consent Form Better Service?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dutch Consent Form Better Service?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just thought I'd let you folks know..

Faxed in my Dutch consent form for transit of firearms on Good Friday. Wonders of wonders, the damn thing came back to me all approved yesterday!

I let Kathi Klimes know and she reports the service is much quicker now than before, too.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I waited 6 weeks. Took Meliza at Gracy Travel one phone call to get it to me the day after she called on my behalf.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dutch,

trust me, I feel, or have felt, your pain. I actually enjoy going through Amsterdam for a couple of reasons, so I am well-versed in the wondering, and wondering some more during the waiting period before the form gets faxed back to you.

This time it was absolutely painless. Kathi said things are going more smoothly now, too.

Did this happen this year? When?

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
906-632-1947

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got mine in about a week when I sent mine last spring. I did not find it to be a real big hassle.

Posts: 279 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nkonka:
I enjoyed the layover at Shipohl. It happened in Sept/Oct of 2008. I talked to the gentleman on the other end that takes care of these matters and he was pleasant. However, it took Meliza to get it to me the next day. Had the same problem with the passport at the Tanz. embassy in Wash. Meliza had it in my hands Fedexed the next day (they had my passport as well). I appreciate good help like this. I received the same great service from Paul Jelonek's camp staff. I took in the Rembrandt museum exhibit while at Shipohl. A wonderful exhibit.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Dutch,

Cool. I've waited loooong periods of time for that damn form to get back to me a half dozen times in the past. This time it went like it should-- quick and easy.

I enjoy amsterdam, and am going through there the end of May, bringing my family with this time. The museum is the big reason, but so is saving nearly $700 a ticket over SAA or Delta direct, the chocolats, and the... oh yeah, my family will be along this time, never mindWink.

I'm not a good "waiter." For my VISAs and such I go through Int'l Visa Services and let them worry about it. One week and it's back to me.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
906-632-1947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
nkonka:
I'll remember that service for 2010. Just deciding which month to hunt. Thinking Oct-Nov. again. I went KLM for about $2,100.00 to Dar and back from St. Louis. I like KLM. Stewardesses were much prettier and nicer than Delta's.

Dutch

one of us
posted Hide Post
Made the request for Transit Permit to be used in late May earlier this week. Took three days for it to be faxed back to us. Great service!

Don't forget to specify your ammo when you make the request.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote