THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    medications transiting through Doha

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

medications transiting through Doha
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted
After reading about medications transiting through Dubai I thought I should ask about Doha.

I keep prescription medication (blood pressure meds and Xanax) in their original prescription bottles. I don't have a written prescription because they are done electronically from my doctor to the pharmacist.

I normally take just what I think I will need of OTC meds in a daily pill organizer. Do I need to try and find some small travel sizes and keep them in the original containers?

Thanks,
Charles

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think you will countries in the Middle East have very close policies regarding drugs.

The easier you make it for customs in the country you are passing through the better.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We’ve transited Doha several times (Dubai,too, their policies are similar) without issue. We leave meds in packaging from pharmacy, the label shows prescribing Dr., security workers have only given them a cursory look, not even taking the bottles out of the baggie. OTC drugs got a bit of a closer look, we definitely don’t carry Sudafed or similar meds. They have a pretty comprehensive list on their website as to what is prohibited or restricted.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2746 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TNDave59
posted Hide Post
Not only keep meds in prescribed bottles but get a letter from your prescribing doctor. I had all of this info when transiting through Doha and it was never looked at, I carried everything in my carry on.

Posts: 69 | Location: NE Tennessee  | Registered: 17 May 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would keep all meds in original bottle If you can a letter from your Doctor would add additional protection. Nothing worse than being jammed up trying to make a connection

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just last week, we transited thru Doha with absolutely no issues, prescriptions in carry on, no “original prescription” or letter from physician, customs/immigration/security people didn’t look or ask. Simple…

Karl Evans

Posts: 2746 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think it depends on a single stupid idiot you might encounter.

Not related to this, but I have encountered them many countries.

Easiest way out is demand to see the boss!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think it depends on a single stupid idiot you might encounter.

I believe Saeed is 100% correct, we transited Doha 3 weeks ago, we had several different prescriptions in our carry on, absolutely no questions asked (but I was “swabbed” four times at our departure gate (carry on emptied and searched, too). I’d bet a lot of money that was because I was traveling with a firearm, but Qatar-Emirates is still the best way to go.

Karl Evans