New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has SAA Improved???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Having just returned from Zim via Delta.. Turns out a friend of mine was also doing a R/T about the same time via SAA AirBus... My Delta seat despite being Economy Comfort, for me was a torture rack. Although a cracked tailbone from previous year injury wasn't helping.. Buddy reported how great the AirBus was and he couldn't imagine making the trip any other way.. I did the same R/T on the AirBus in 2005 and I hated the seating..
Thoughts??

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
an airline improving? any airline? jumping jumping jumping

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless you travel first class or business class any flight the lenght of RT to JoBerg and back in the "regular" seats on ANY aircraft is torture and doesn't really matter the model of aircraft or Company operating it!! Even my TV chair at home would get real uncomfortable after 18 hours straight in it.

Flew SAA to Moz and back in June, service OK, food OK and all flights were ontime and no luggage lost. That's about all one can expect if you fly "cattle class" the way I do.

Larry Sellers
SCI (International) Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks.. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything.. Turns out I wasn't..

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
On our last trip we flew Air Canada, Lufthansa and South African. South African had by far the nicest and roomiest plane, best service and best food. Lufthansa was the worst. I'd pay extra to fly SAA next time.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Just flew back on SAA for a Leopard hunt we did in Namibia. Have to say that everything was 10 times better than on the going flights with BA.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote