New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kili or Royal Palm in DAR
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Which hotel would be better to stay at in Dar?

Posts: 394 | Location: Tennessee, North Carolina | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stayed at the Movenpick for two days in '06 and found it to be excellent. Good restaurant, breakfast buffet, bakery and coffee shop. Bank across the street with an ATM. Good T shirt and curio shop, as well.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If it is just for 1 night arriving off KLM then Royal Palm is fine and cheaper. Kili is newer better rooms and have a great Sushi restaurant but more expensive

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Where do PH's like to hang out for a drink?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where do PH's like to hang out for a drink?

Kibo Bar in Moevenpick or Karambezi in Seacliff

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
Have they rebuilt the Seacliff yet?

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 928 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have they rebuilt the Seacliff yet?

The New Seacliff Hotel will open soon. Karambezi Bar was always open.

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
I stayed at the Seacliff in '03 and '05 and really enjoyed myself. I was sick when I learned of the fire but glad to hear they are rebuilding. I'm planning on returning to TZN next year and look forward to staying there again.

As a side note, this is a photo I took of a "memorial" to Donald Stander, father of Kevin Stander who manages the Seacliff. http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj209/jss1456/?actio...rrent=Picture302.jpg

The plaque and photo are located overlooking the a dry riverbed in LU2 of the Selous Reserve. According to my sources, the area was one of Mr. Stander's favorites (and I know why). The day I visited it I noticed a full can of "Coca-cola" at the base of the tree. Supposedily, each time his son visits for a hunt, he brings his dad a coke.

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote