Find
Notify
Tools

The Fat Asses Win
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted
I am using the daily mail story as that Saeed's favorite newpaper.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/he...gers-free-seats.html

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isn’t this a win for everyone? The oversized won’t be wedging in to other’s space.

Of course, I will wait and see how well this works when the airline has more customers than seats and wants to make more $.

Posts: 10597 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Of course, I will wait and see how well this works when the airline has more customers than seats and wants to make more $.

Yes exactly, the majority of passengers pay for the minority entitled little piggy's to spend more time with their snouts in the trough. What a joke barf

Posts: 3849 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Isn’t this a win for everyone? The oversized won’t be wedging in to other’s space.

So we should be paying more, so the fat asses don't lap over into our seats?

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
This will continue and eventually there will be lawsuits by people who will challenge when fat enough is too fat to fit in one seat, then it will become a mental illness thing based on claustrophobia. Just wait for it.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
This policy makes no sense. How will fat pigs get an extra free seat on a fully booked flight? Are they going to boot other paying passengers of the flight? This isn’t a win for everyone. It’s a win for fat people at the expense of those who are normal. Thank God I’ve never had to fly Southwest……

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This policy is made to generate exposure.

And I hope normal humans will avoid this airline to show them pictures shown of what is supposed to be "passengers" should be put in containers and travel by road! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Well... wont have to worry about that one very long.. I'd be surprised if the fat ass lives to 40!

Fly Southwest? cold day in hell..

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
*Note to self:

When booking next roundtrip from PHX to OAK on SouthWest, inform booking agent I identify as Plus Sized. Big Grin

Posts: 2928 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have a friend who is a SW flight attendant and she says people do it all the time to get an extra seat.

And while I certainly don't advocate harassing someone because of their weight, why we actually promote obesity in this country is beyond me. It is directly attributable to many of our health care problems and costs.

Don

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you do when things go wrong.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonW28:
We have a friend who is a SW flight attendant and she says people do it all the time to get an extra seat.

And while I certainly don't advocate harassing someone because of their weight, why we actually promote obesity in this country is beyond me. It is directly attributable to many of our health care problems and costs.

Don

We promote victimhood because of the intersectionality grift that has been established. It's a race to the bottom of the oppression pile so you can claim victimhood and demand compensation in some form.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Dr. Butler. I have had the privilege of sitting in the middle seat between two large people. It was more than uncomfortable. I think this is a great idea if they can really put it in place.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
I agree with Dr. Butler. I have had the privilege of sitting in the middle seat between two large people. It was more than uncomfortable. I think this is a great idea if they can really put it in place.

Mark

And you don't have a problem paying a higher fare for their extra seat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A perfect example of the upside down world we live in today.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’d agree with you if the airlines hadn’t been shrinking seat width and pitch for decades.

That they have also been packing planes fuller also plays a role.

And seat prices aren’t really that much cheaper…

quote:
Originally posted by Wesheltonj:
quote:

Mark

Posts: 10597 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The airline isn't giving away a FREE seat. They are just passing the costs on to the other passengers.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’d agree with you if the airlines hadn’t been shrinking seat width and pitch for decades.

That they have also been packing planes fuller also plays a role.

And seat prices aren’t really that much cheaper…

quote:
Originally posted by Wesheltonj:
quote:

Mark

This has nothing to do with changes to airline seats. It has to do with equity and victimhood in the age of DEI. Don’t fool yourself.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

There is no such thing as a free lunch. If they give big people free seats, everyone else will pay for their free seats.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1283 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
It's a better solution than seating them next to me.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
It's a better solution than seating them next to me.

On your dime.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
While this "solution" will provide needed relief to those of us who are "normal sized" and have been "squozed" mightily by adjacent chubsters, it really is unfair to the rest of us, clearly conferring an economic benefit upon the obese -- and yes, we will all pay the price in higher fares to make up for it. If you believe there is an ounce of charity in the hearts of the airline managers, then you probably believe Trump is a "decent chap." rotflmo

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Great, from the article, it looks like my shoulder width would qualify me. Heavy manual labor and an oversized frame.

I imagine there are others that qualify the same way and suffered the same way.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
It’s generally not shoulder width that’s the problem. It’s the ass/ abdomen width. I’m still wanting to know how an airline can give away free seats to fatties on a sold out flight… Who gets bumped?? popcorn

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I just arrived in Geneva on Emirates.

Had a laugh remembering this discussion.

I was in First, and my cabin is about the same size as a bedroom I lived in while studying in England.

Service was excellent as usual.

Had breakfast in the lounge, two sunny side up eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes.

Lunch on the plane was turkey with all the trimmings.

Fresh fruit salad, chocolate and popcorn for the movie!

Hostess were from Egypt and Argentina!

Had to tell them to stop offering me food nonstop!

I might end up like whale activists on the Internet demanding a free seat!

They couldn’t stop laughing! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

posted Hide Post
Nobody gets bumped. They have to register before boarding the plane, reserve two seats. If two seats are not available tough luck.

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Since I never fly Southwest, I’m excited they want to be the fattie’s preferred airline!

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote