New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping firearms?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am planning a hunt in Africa and will be staying several days in Washington D.C. then a couple of days in Europe before continuing on to the hunting location which has not been decided yet. I will be hunting buffalo so the option of renting a rifle is out; is it possible or advisable to have my rifle shipped to the ph? If anyone has any thoughts or experience with this I would greatly appreciate some information.

Posts: 231 | Location: Washington state | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I were in your shoes, I would just rent a good rifle. Because depending on where you're going to be coming and going from, you wont have the right permits for leaving with a rifle, and it can just be a serious pain. I've taken rifles on my last 2 trips to africa, and I seriously, see no point anymore. The people I'm hunting with have great weapons, and it's just not worth the trouble or worry IMO. So I would think shipping your rifle would be out the question. Especially if you're going to go through joberg.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wrenchmaster,

Shipping your rifle is not a realistic option and taking your rifle on a trip with layovers is not a big deal. Get with a travel agent like Gracy Travel that is well versed in travel to Africa and travel with guns and they will assist you with all permits/lic etc if any are necessary. My advise is to take your own rifles that you are familiar with. Camp rifles are often junk and not at all like what Oryxhunter described.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i have rented( or used for free) camp rifles on my last 6 hunts. all were winchesters, rugers, or remingtons and all had quality scopes. they killed everything i shot at which is all i ask. on my just completed Moz hunt, i used a ruger in 338 win mag and a ruger in 416 rigby- excellent rifles that did what they were supposed to do. hell in import permit fees alone, i saved almost $1000- way more than the rental fees and a lot less hassle.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote