New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airline Baggage Handling
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thought this might be of interest to the traveling hunting puplic with all the buzz over missing and mishandling of baggage. He got Angry....and he got Even

Dave Carroll recently had difficulty with United Airlines. United damaged his treasured Taylor guitar during a flight.. Dave spent over 9 months trying to get United to pay for damages caused by baggage handlers to his custom Taylor guitar.

During his final exchange with the United Customer Relations Manager, he stated that he was left with no choice other than to create a music video for Youtube exposing their lack of cooperation.

The Manager responded : "Good luck with that one, pal".

So he posted a retaliatory video on Youtube. The video has since received over 6.5 million hits. United Airlines contacted the musician and attempted settlement in exchange for pulling the video.

Naturally his response was: "Good luck with that one, pal".

The Taylor Guitar Company sent the musician 2 new custom guitars in appreciation for the product recognition from the video that has lead to a sharp increase in orders.

Taylor Guitars, CNN and other news media organizations got involved (see other YouTube clips).

Here's the video – it’s worth watching especially if you like Country & Western music. .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo&nr=1

Posts: 71 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Yiiihahhh!!! Thadllqhukem! Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Good!!! I will start to compose a song; "somebody a Aerolineas Argentinas found my underwear?" .....because by a brokened zipper to rob my knife and namibia souvenirs, all my cloths was spread arround the baggage dispatch machine....Guille

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We all need to chip in and hire this guy when these baggage apes damage our expensive rifles with their rough treatment and the airline tells us to go pack sand. This guy may have started a revolution against the screw you attitude fo some airlines.
United using the video as a training tool; now that's the biggest laugh I have had this new year.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peashooter:
We all need to chip in and hire this guy when these baggage apes damage our expensive rifles with their rough treatment and the airline tells us to go pack sand. This guy may have started a revolution against the screw you attitude fo some airlines.
United using the video as a training tool; now that's the biggest laugh I have had this new year.
Great idea!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now 7,250,494 views!!!!!!!

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote