New
Find
Notify
Tools

Overnight in Dubai
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I will be overnighting in Dubai on Monday, June 8th on our way to Joberg and then on to Botswana. I will be travelling with my 15 year old son and an old army buddy. We get in around 8pm on Monday night and then fly out Tuesday afternoon.

Any recommendations on hotels in Dubai and something interesting to do the next morning?

We don't qualify for Dubai Connect on Emirates as our connection isn't the quickest routing.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Funny, I am also going through Dubai with my 15 year old son in July. Good luck with the hunt!

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Paul. We're headed to Tholo Safaris in Botswana. Where are you guys headed? Good luck on your hunt.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
J:

We are going to Nuanetsi with Chifuti for leopard, buffalo, plains game. Some guy named Dave Fulson talked me into it, ha ha.

Have a great time in Botswana. I think our sons will be pretty much ruined for life after this summer.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good luck

quote:
Originally posted by Jaglav:
Thanks Paul. We're headed to Tholo Safaris in Botswana. Where are you guys headed? Good luck on your hunt.

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck went to Nuanetsi in 2012 great hunting location

quote:
Originally posted by PSmith:
J:

We are going to Nuanetsi with Chifuti for leopard, buffalo, plains game. Some guy named Dave Fulson talked me into it, ha ha.

Have a great time in Botswana. I think our sons will be pretty much ruined for life after this summer.

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote