New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flying out of Munich
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone flown on Air Berlin out of Munich to Windhoek, Namibia?
It looks like they have 2 flights a week--out Sunday & Wednesday, return Monday & Thursday.

Thanks for any info.
MauserK98

Posts: 193 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Nope, make sure it is actually Air Berlin and not a contracted Namib Air flight.

Namib Air sucks!

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The airline flying from Munich to Windhoek that I have heard of is LTU. This was five years ago and certainly may have changed. I was told a that time that LTU did not allow guns in baggage, which would put a pretty serious crimp in a hunter's plans. However, if one were able to travel through Munich to Windhoek, a layover in the picturesque mountains of southern Germany would seem a nice place to take a break.

If Mr. "TACTICAL" above is intending to indicate "Air Namibia" when he references "Namib Air", then no, Air Namibia has no flights out of Munich, only Frankfurt.

I found Air Namibia no better or worse than just about any airline. At least they were on time and didn't lose my baggage. Come to think of it, being on time and not losing my baggage actually makes Air Namibia somewhat superior to the average airline!

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boabab
posted Hide Post
Air Berlin flies from Muenchen to Windhoek.
Air Namibia only flies Frankfurt to Windhoek and back. They used to fly Munchen but no more only Frankfurt. Air Namibia flies daily. Air Berlin flies 2 x a week!
Air Namibia does not charge extra for weapons. You must just notify them that you have a weapon.

Baobab Game Ranch/Caracal Safaris
www.baobab-safaris-namibia.com

Posts: 113 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 30 October 2009Reply With Quote