Find
Notify
Tools

Air Namibia New Rifle Fee
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dentist
posted
Just want to inform you guys. Since the beginning of May Air Namibia introduced a fee for hunting rifles and ammo. It`s 100$US one way. I was shocked when I found out, because I´m booked for July/ August plainsgame hunt. These flights weren`t cheap- so I was a Little bit pissed. I called them today.
If you booked before they introduced the new rule, insist not to pay the fee and insist on a written confirmation. I had no problems to get my paper. Have a good hunt.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Just returned 48 hours ago. No issue either way on Air Namibia. Upgraded at airport both going and returning. All AN personnel were very helpful. Current planes are old but new ones expected to be in service by the end of this year. AND Lufthansa will still book baggage, including guns, as transfer from USA and AN will do the same on return. Must be actual Lufthansa flight and NOT a United code share flight.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone out there have any more experience with new Air Namibia gun fee ? My ticketing date was Sept.25,2012 so I should be exempt...

Also, any "wrinkles" with German firearms import form when guns/ammo are claimed and rechecked in Frankfurt per Delta policy if all travel is not on ONE ticket ? (Delta SkyMiles + separate ticket on Air Namibia).

one of us
posted Hide Post
just check the luggage all the way through. Shouldn't matter if it is one or two tickets. I have never had a problem but you might want to call Delta to make sure they will still do it.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote