Find
Notify
Tools

Egypt Travel HELP
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted
I am thinking about a Trip to Egypt this May.Flying out of Tampa. Can anyone recommend a Tour Comapany in Cairo? I would like to spend a couple days at the Cairo Museum a day at the Paramids and then go to The Valley of The Kings. Also how many days in Eqypt? I know it is not Hunting related but thought some on here have done it? Thanks in advance

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
You might wish to ask your travel agent.

They probably have some contacts that can help you.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I don't have one. I always book my own Flights I just need to know what tour Company to Contact in Egypt?

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Valley of the Kings is over 600km from Cairo. You can do it as a side trip, just letting you know in case you weren't aware of the scale.

Posts: 1468 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Yes I have researched it. I know it is by Plane,Train or Boat.

One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
First, you do not need a tour company for what you want to do. I would suggest the day you arrive find a hotel in Giza (preferably one with a view) and the next day see the pyramids. It’s a long but cheap Uber trip from the airport. At the pyramids, there are plenty of operators that will take your money. For a camel tour and inside the pyramid. You can easily Uber back to Cairo to a hotel. I would also suggest that you stay at the airport hotel the night before your flight to Luxor. Cairo traffic is horrendous. Your Luxor hotel can book you a ride to Valley of the Kings and Queens. If summer you want to arrive early morning. Kings first.

Just remember everyone is trying to get your money. If they say “my brother” stay away. And Uber actually works great in Cairo and it’s fair pricing.

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
How many days for The Pyramids and Museum? How many days in Luxor?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:

That is exactly why need to talk to a tour operator.

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:

One full day for the Pyramids, assuming you stay in Giza the night before. Museum one to two days depending on your pace. You could get by with two full days in Luxor, three would be better. There is a lot to see just outside of Luxor.

What exactly do you want to see in Egypt?

Abu Simbel? Day trip or overnight?

River cruise?

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Make sure the new Egyptian Museum is open. I'd figure 2 full days there and one full day at the pyramids.

Posts: 382 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I guessed 3 days also. How many days at Luxor?

One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guessed 3 days also. How many days at Luxor?

I would do three if you have the time.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm with Saeed. If I'm in a new place and I don't know much about it I engage a tour guide. You miss a lot doing it on your own. A guide will show and tell you things that you'd never find out doing it by yourself. Also a guide provides some sense of security as they will know where not to go as well as where to go.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have learnt a long time ago that going to new places, ALWAYS have someone with experience help you.

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone.

posted Hide Post
I would recommend Esplanade Travel in Boston. They have been designing itineraries in Egypt and around the world for over 50 years and have enormous experience.

Posts: 14 | Location: Live Free or Die State | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote